Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 04:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I just watched a couple of Kristian preachers on TV that called for the complete destruction of the United States because the country allowed gays to marry instead of, as the one preacher called for, being executed. The other preacher claimed God would erase our country with nuclear bombs because we allowed legal abortion and gays to get married and other for acts against God.

I realize that our country protects the individual right to say whatever they please most of the time. Is a passionate call for mass murder, the extermination of gay people, protected speech? I wonder if this preacher would extend his cry for extermination to all non Christians? If so that exhortation is a threat to me. How should I respond to some person calling for my death because I do not believe in his particular brand of religion? How should you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 04:32 AM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Pakistani boy cuts off own hand after blasphemy mistake: police

"A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours for the act, police told AFP Friday."

What kind of culture celebrates their kids chopping off limbs? (or honor killing your daughter for kissing a boy)

Is this par for the course, or an isolated occurrence?
Sounds like a Christian following the dictates of Matthew 5:30 to me.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Pakistani boy cuts off own hand after blasphemy mistake: police

"A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours for the act, police told AFP Friday."

What kind of culture celebrates their kids chopping off limbs? (or honor killing your daughter for kissing a boy)

Is this par for the course, or an isolated occurrence?
Welcome to Islam. This is the culture that Barack Hussein Obama wants to import, by the thousands of individuals, against U.S. immigration policy and law, and settle (infiltrate) them IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

We see what this brings by looking at what's happening in Europe today. These people are uncivilized animals.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:01 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:

An inferior, savage culture. That's the kind. Only sick, twisted people that do this stuff and perpetuate it. Bleh.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
A stoneage, fanatical culture for backwards imbeciles.

Coming soon in waves to the US thanks to tards like Obama.
I predict that you'll be deeply disappointed by the lack of terrorist activity here in the USA.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sounds like a Christian following the dictates of Matthew 5:30 to me.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Oh, please!!! Do you really think that was meant literally? That's the problem with you non-believers. You know only enough to quote at such 'appropriate' times, with no clue about the meaning of anything. Just like the "eye for eye and tooth for tooth," which means that the punishment should fit the crime, you go " , see? Those Christians are just as bad as Muslims!"

You are clueless!

Old 01-16-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
correct me if I am wrong, but it's against the law here, right? it's not part of a culture, it's a crime and they're going to jail.

In the future, please learn how to make analogies. This really misses the mark.
Some people just can't help themselves.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
The same religious fanatics that are a small part of this country but the GOP seems to attract them, live like we want you to or DIE.

If they want to be TRUE to their beliefs ALL THEIR females should be tested for virginity on their wedding night and if they are not they would be executed.
I think you're straying a bit from the topic. And I doubt that only Republicans have their weird followers. Democrats are anything but Saints.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Can't believe no one's pointed this out -

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:30

Matthew 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

There's plenty of reasons why I am not a fan of the abrahamic religions, and this would be one of them.
and who's practicing this?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I just watched a couple of Kristian preachers on TV that called for the complete destruction of the United States because the country allowed gays to marry instead of, as the one preacher called for, being executed. The other preacher claimed God would erase our country with nuclear bombs because we allowed legal abortion and gays to get married and other for acts against God.

I realize that our country protects the individual right to say whatever they please most of the time. Is a passionate call for mass murder, the extermination of gay people, protected speech? I wonder if this preacher would extend his cry for extermination to all non Christians? If so that exhortation is a threat to me. How should I respond to some person calling for my death because I do not believe in his particular brand of religion? How should you?
What's a "Kristian"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies