Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 06:42 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump has experience?

Mr. Trump if elected, would be the most inexperienced president in American history. Every one of our 44 presidents has had either government or military experience before being sworn in. Mr. Trump, a real estate mogul and former reality-television star, hasn't served a day in public office or the armed forces.

If you mean him heading a real estate firm that largely makes its money by licenses his name and doing none of the building, I don't see how that translates into the experience needed to be president of the U.S. In fact, those presidents who came from heading businesses are among out worst presidents.

What is particularly scary is that Mr. Trump has shown that he is ignorant of many necessary and basic elements that a president needs to know. He didn't know what the nuclear triad is and thought that vaccines caused autism. Worse, he has no desire to acquaint himself with issues, let alone master them. He has admitted that he doesn't prepare for debates or study briefing books; he believes such things get in the way of a good performance. No major presidential candidate, even George W. Bush, has ever been quite as uninterested in facts or disdainful of knowledge.

Are you really going to pedal that Democrats are for freebies line? Unless you are talking about free stuff, like publicly-owned highways; or public education; or knowing the Fire Department will show up when your house burns; or the security of living in a land protected by an awesome military; and enjoying the rule of law, you really are off-base.

When one looks at the actual proposals of the candidates, as opposed to their populist cheerleading and the Fox News reality bubble, we see the difference. All of the Republican candidates are for giving stuff away -- just to different people. They are all for lowering taxes on the rich. Trumps plan lowers their taxes and increases the debt by $10 trillion. Bernie Sanders has many plans to reduce inequality and provide valuable services to the middle-class, like free community college. The difference is that Sanders identifies funding sources.

Now, if you think that lowering taxes on the rich is just fine, remember that to maintain the same level of services there has to be money. If less is coming from the rich, that means that the middle-class gets a tax-hike.

Fortunately, for Mr. Trump, his supports are largely has disdainful of facts as he his and just don't care.
"Mr. Trump if elected, would be the most inexperienced president in American history. Every one of our 44 presidents has had either government or military experience before being sworn in. Mr. Trump, a real estate mogul and former reality-television star, hasn't served a day in public office or the armed forces."

Who cares? Maybe that is exactly what we need.

Doing the "standard " course has gotten us where we are today.

Trump is a person with NO obligations to the PACs/lobbyists who paid for the career politician.

And exactly HOW MUCH political office experience did Obama actually have?

He did NOT serve out his state Senator term. which was his FIRST stint as a politician.

He did NOT serve out his term as a U.S. Senator.

He voted over 100 times "here".

Yeah, Obama a "lot" of political experience.

No Military experience. Neither did Obama NOR Biden. That didn't stop you from voting for them TWICE.

At least Trump is a SUCCESSFUL business man who took a "small", in the grand scheme of things, amount of money and turned it into an empire.

He KNOWS how to bargain and come out ahead.

Maybe it IS time we had a President who CAN handle money. The last ones sure haven't.

And then we have the usual immature insult, "Fortunately, for Mr. Trump, his supports are largely has disdainful of facts as he his and just don't care."

We KNOW you are the smartest poster on here and anyone who doesn't agree with you is a poor dumb slob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 06:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" If it comes down to those two I may abstain from voting"

Sounds like the very immature little kid who doesn't get his way, so he takes his ball and goes home leaving the rest of the kids WITHOUT a bail to play with.

"If you aren't part of the solution, yous ARE part of the problem"
If it's Trump V Clinton I will vote but not for either one.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,478,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Perfect example of ignorance: "For the first time in my life, I have health insurance, and at no cost at all.
It's exactly this same low-information type who will vote for Sanders, believing that all the free stuff he'll hand out will be paid for by some imaginary benevolent source.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
"Everybody else" was already paying your insurance. When an uninsured person needed medical attention, they didn't just die at home, they went to the emergency room -- and thanks to Ronald Reagan, the ER had to admit them. The cost there is far more than a doctor's office and the cost was absorbed by the rest of us who carry insurance. Now, the ACA has dropped the uninsured rate:

I wouldn't know if life is indeed tougher if you are stupid. Perhaps you can tell us.
""Everybody else" was already paying your insurance"

You keep telling everybody else on here who doesn't agree with you stupid, then you make this ignorant claim.

Everybody else is paying their FAR SHARE of the insurance premiums. It is pool of money EVERYBODY in the pool shares EQUALLY.

Kate, being on Medicaid, is NOT paying her FULL share. WE, the rest of the taxpayers are paying what she CANNOT pay.
I thought you knew that being as smart as you think you are.

"I wouldn't know if life is indeed tougher if you are stupid" The first thing to do is to ADMIT you faults in order to change.

I hope it works for you.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If it's Trump V Clinton I will vote but not for either one.
It is your option to cop out or not.

If yo DON'T vote, don't come back on and complain about ANYTHING the winner does or says.

"if you don't put in your ante, you don't play"

Old 01-16-2016, 07:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
It is your option to cop out or not.
Odd that you consider voting as coping out.

Quote:
If yo DON'T vote, don't come back on and complain about ANYTHING the winner does or says.

"if you don't put in your ante, you don't play"
I'm guessing that your reply shows why the country is in a mess. I clearly said I was voting.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:09 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,213,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I remember hearing the same thing. I have personally benefited greatly from Obama being in office. For the first time in my life, I have health insurance, and at no cost at all. Overall, I would say most people are better off since Obama was elected.
No cost...to YOU....have a clue what it has, and continues to, cost others? Do you not read? There's millions who have gone from a steady 40 hour week to one of 30 hours so employers don't have to provide health insurance. Roughly stated, those families went from getting bynwithnhealth insurance to: can't pay their bills and can't afford the watered down healthcare insurance due to the higher premiums for that insurance whichnisminferior to what they had?

Hope you enjoy living off the backs of others but, with any luck that party will end soon and you and people like you will have to go back to work and start paying off the massive debts you helped to accumulate. I hope that sector is particularly targeted.

You had health insurance before. It was called indigent care and we paid for that, 100%, as well.

Sleep well, the hangover is going to be a biotch.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,087,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
It's exactly this same low-information type who will vote for Sanders, believing that all the free stuff he'll hand out will be paid for by some imaginary benevolent source.
And how do you think we will pay for the increase in defense, while lowering taxes on everything when we are already running a deficit? Because that is the line that all Republican candidates keep telling the public they will do if elected.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,907,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Did you see wall street today?

The disaster starts now. Obama's incompetence has been mitigated by seven years of zero interest rates and bond buying. Now that interest rates have been raised a whopping quarter point, see how things are collapsing?

As for not getting us in foreign wars, is there anybody out there are all that does not realize that the world is now a fantastically dangerous place after seven years of non-engagement?

Let's update the thread at the end of his tenure.
So you don't think the drop on Wall St. had anything to do with the rapid drop in oil prices or economic turmoil in China? What spefiic "Obama incompetence" resulted in years of gains and two weeks of declines?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:15 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,053,108 times
Quote:
"and at no cost at all. Overall, I would say most people are better off since Obama was elected"

Well what do you KNOW? YOU are happy to have something EVERYBODY else is paying for your health insurance and then say they are BETTER off.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John
Wayne
I am right. I said overall, or did you miss that? The unemployment rate is now half of what is was earlier in the recession. Look at the stock market since Obama got into office. Everyone's 401k's, IRA's, etc have soared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Glad you got yours yours, too bad you are so selfish as to be fine with everyone else being screwed.
I never said anything of the sort. If it was up to me, everyone would have free healthcare. Yes, I do realize that it does have to be paid for, so I am referring to a single payer system like in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Perfect example of ignorance: "For the first time in my life, I have health insurance, and at no cost at all.
Ok, fine, I should of said "at no cost to me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies