Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:15 AM

56,893 posts, read 25,829,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because the conservative policy is bring the troops home and stop being policemen of the world.

So why doesn't your chosen one bring the troops home and stop killing innocent people? hint- It isn't because he's conservative.

That's not the conservative philosophy, they believe just like the OP that we can bomb our way out of every dilemma.

Obama has brought a good deal of the troops home compared to 2008 but like we learned in all foolish interventions, it's easier to start a war than end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 10:04 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,956,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's not the conservative philosophy, they believe just like the OP that we can bomb our way out of every dilemma.

Obama has brought a good deal of the troops home compared to 2008 but like we learned in all foolish interventions, it's easier to start a war than end it.
And you wonder why I haven't been back. But I like to sneak up from time to time like a thief in the night. Absolute disconnect all the way. Where have I said, mentioned, or even insuated bombing our way out of every dilemma? Didn't you read my last post when I gave real life scenarios of when you don't need to fight with might? All you need to do is cut the corner and when they see you coming, they shape up.

Again, it's really annoying because posters like you have absolutely no ability to cut through the lines. You simply throw everyone and everything into one basket and can't identify with the exceptional properties of events. It’s linear thinking, which is another common trait amongst liberals. Many of you are so smart and intelligent that unless you have a stack of flow charts, you can't identify anything.

Presence is presence- it doesn't always call for action. And now I am getting annoyed. So, I suggest you start focusing and stop running away with nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAb-YPOJmg

Old 01-20-2016, 10:27 AM

56,893 posts, read 25,829,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And you wonder why I haven't been back. But I like to sneak up from time to time like a thief in the night. Absolute disconnect all the way. Where have I said, mentioned, or even insuated bombing our way out of every dilemma? Didn't you read my last post when I gave real life scenarios of when you don't need to fight with might? All you need to do is cut the corner and when they see you coming, they shape up.

Again, it's really annoying because posters like you have absolutely no ability to cut through the lines. You simply throw everyone and everything into one basket and can't identify with the exceptional properties of events. It’s linear thinking, which is another common trait amongst liberals. Many of you are so smart and intelligent that unless you have a stack of flow charts, you can't identify anything.

Presence is presence- it doesn't always call for action. And now I am getting annoyed. So, I suggest you start focusing and stop running away with nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAb-YPOJmg
You started off with you reference to the soldiers captured and you seem to indicate they should have taken some action, what would you suggest.

I also don't quite understand your police reference regarding felons getting away because their hands are tied, again what would you change. Do we not have a problem with police overreactions.

Anyway the best way to not being taken seriously is to start off a thread with the quote "liberal pansies, or "right wing nuts". Funny you talking about throwing everyone in a basket but that's exactly what you did.

So to keep it simple what should have been done with the Navy soldiers captured by Iran.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,884,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Were the sailors commanding those boats liberal?

I don't see how Liberal policies caused those sailors to screw up and sail in to Iranian warriors. I do see how Obama's policy toward Iran paid dividends as the soldiers were released within 24 hours.

I know most Conservatives would prefer that we were at war....
Not one GOP candidate had anything positive to say about what was a highly successful diplomacy in the Persian Gulf.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:32 AM

"liberals need to stay out of our national security issues"

Translation: "liberals need to stay out of our national security issues because they end up being right and make conservatives look foolish.

You liberals called it about Iraq -- you said we shouldn't invade in March 2003 and you were right. You said the same thing about Vietnam."

Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry
Because the conservative policy is bring the troops home and stop being policemen of the world.

So why doesn't your chosen one bring the troops home and stop killing innocent people? hint- It isn't because he's conservative.
So, how do you explain the invasion of Iraq? You can't be re-writing history blaming the invasion on liberals, or are you?

Old 01-20-2016, 10:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,391,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That certainly explains Bush/Cheney sending thousands of our guys to the middle east and then mismanaging those brushfire fights into unwinnable quagmires.

Quote:
1. Who's brought our guys home from Iraq and Afcrapistan? <hint> It wasn't a conservative.

2. I find the sudden "concern" of RWNJs over collateral damage from drone strikes to be very amusing.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:46 AM

5,885 posts, read 3,863,824 times
The neocons have been just aa bad, if not worse.

George W went with his gut instict and look how well that turned out. Why can't there be more Pauls in the Republican camp?

Old 01-20-2016, 11:13 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,523,088 times
Default One positive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not one GOP candidate had anything positive to say about what was a highly successful diplomacy in the Persian Gulf.
I was pretty impressed with this that Ted Cruz said..., ""I give you my word, if I am elected president, no service man or service woman will be forced to be on their knees...”

Old 01-20-2016, 11:23 AM

11,193 posts, read 8,231,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I was pretty impressed with this that Ted Cruz said..., ""I give you my word, if I am elected president, no service man or service woman will be forced to be on their knees...”
If he were President, how would he have kept that word? Seems like it happened, and no President could have intervened. Luckily, we used cool heads, and ended this potential problem quickly, peacefully, and without loss of life, or loss of face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies