Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 05:40 PM

265 posts, read 191,813 times

Advertisements

I get a kick how the Lefties in here love trashing Palin, but yet, they are soooo quiet about the CLINTONS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:41 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Media hearsay:

He was an oxy addict.

He was a drunk.

He never held a job.

Some of it is National Enquirer stuff which is an equal opportunity basher.
National Enquirer.. ???? wow.. that is gospel to the left..

Old 01-20-2016, 05:44 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I cannot imagine the ego it takes for someone to run for POTUS with minor children.
I cannot imagine putting my family through the ordeal.

The right and left media have trashed kids all along. The treatment of Amy Carter was shameful.

Cruz is an idiot for using his lovely children to create a picture of a family man.

Back when, Rand Paul's son was arrested for being an obnoxious drunken fool on an airplane. Rand did not blame anyone for his son's behavior. He asked for privacy and got it.
If Cruz is an idiot, then so is Obama, and so was Bill Clinton and now Gma Clinton taking pictures with her daughter and grandchild. As you stated, Jimmy Carter must also be an idiot in your opinion, as well as JFK You must think that JFK was an idiot as was Ike Eisenhower, FDR, Herbert Hoover...etc.

Cruz wasn't "trying to create a picture of a family man," he IS a man with a family.

Yes, it does take an ego to think that you have the qualifications to become the President of the US and the leader of the free world. That is a shame, because, like you, there are more people that not who would never subject their family to the media abuse that comes with campaigning for the Presidency. Especially in this day and age. That probably also means that the US is deprived of the potential of many people who may be well qualified and perhaps the best choice for the office, but will remain safely removed from the fray.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Ever hear of the cons voting down attempts to help these vets? No? I didn't think so.
1. Veterans Affairs Funding Bill (2015)
2. Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act (2014)3. Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act (2014)
4. Veterans Jobs Corps Act (2012)
5. Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans With Children Act (2010)
Oh, yeah, remember now.. Funding bill for Veterans in 2015 , the left added sanctions of Iran in it so it would not pass..the sleazy left as usual..

Old 01-20-2016, 05:46 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Don't let me get in the way of your speculating.

I'm posting in P&OC.

So... yeah.

I didn't speculate, I asked a question. Your attempt to deflect seems to indicate that my question is valid.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:48 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You really think dollars can fix PTSD.. you have no idea....
If Republicans feel that PTSD is a majority result of war, why is it that they are constantly promoting "ground war" and "boots on the ground." Maybe if they thought well of the troops, diplomacy would be first and foremost.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
I get a kick how the Lefties in here love trashing Palin, but yet, they are soooo quiet about the CLINTONS.
Well Sarah is a poor excuse for a parent and uses the media to say that her family's irresponsibility is someone else's fault. If this was a mother from the inner city, you guys would be doing major trashing.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Trashing the Clinton's is the responsibility of those of you on the Right and you all do a VERY good job of it.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Absolutely true. Palin was unfairly trashed during her campaigning days. Same with Cruz, but with the intervening years, (and I say this as a former fervent Palin fan) she has not done anything concrete that warrants continued support. She has not pursued another public service role in government or taken on any admirable role in the private sector. Instead, she because a Fox news pundit and a Reality TV star.

I am very disappointed that Palin was as shallow as she had been accused of being by the left. She is not an idiot, but she did not deliver on the "strong, conservative, work for America's benefit" image she projected during the election cycle.
The left beat her to a pulp.. her children suffered , and they must have been angry to hear the things said about them.. and it probably spilled over in school and their adult lives . I have never seen anyone so berated as Sarah by the left.. there was nothing that was off the table.. they put cameras around her house, followed her children, bashed them daily. Her family is damaged thanks to the left. They called them trash from the start and many people in the Palin's lives probably echoed to their face many times they were trash. The left preaches tolerance, but their hate is bold and deep.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I didn't speculate, I asked a question. Your attempt to deflect seems to indicate that my question is valid.
Your question casts wide assumption over 5 different bills.

My post was directed at Taratova who raised the notion of vets getting screwed.

All bills and actions taken are readily available. You already have the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies