Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:40 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,372,529 times

Advertisements

Most abortions (as in over 90%) are before the end of the first trimester. There is no "sentient being" involved. For most with access to early abortions, it is a late, heavy period.

I had a medically required abortion last spring at 6 weeks. I was given a few pills and sent home, so I saw everything that came out of my body. It wasn't sentient. It wasn't a being. It wasn't even that much heavier of a period than I normally have. Luckily, I had an oncologist who immediately sent me to Planned Parenthood next-day so that I would not have to jump through any hoops at the hospital or have to go through a surgical abortion due to the wait. That is what happens when women have access to early abortion care.

And again, this is your general reminder that there are over 400,000 children currently in the foster care system, with over 100,000 of them available to adopt right this moment. There is a huge shortage of foster parents, particularly for children who are special needs (which can range from mildly developmentally delayed to nonverbal with physical health issues) or emotional trauma (which is almost all of them over the age of 3). Every year, over 20,000 kids who come from little to no stability age out of the system at 18. Where are the pro-lifers for these children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 09:12 AM

18,349 posts, read 18,966,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Probably not people who believe in liberal Ideals, but people who identify as Liberal.

What I meant is people who get abortions are overwhelmingly Liberal.

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I thought abortion was a liberal ideal. At least, liberals are the ones who uphold it so much. It is an ideal if you support it.
abortion crosses all political lines. trying to say otherwise is disingenuous.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:16 AM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion crosses all political lines. trying to say otherwise is disingenuous.
"disingenuous"? I don't know any religously Conservative or even Conservative people in general who would get an abortion, do you?

Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
"disingenuous"? I don't know any religously Conservative or even Conservative people in general who would get an abortion, do you?
yes I do. you might want to check the stats for the number of abortions in traditionally conservative states for a clue as to how many conservatives have abortions.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:08 AM

211 posts, read 113,657 times
Quote:
yes I do. you might want to check the stats for the number of abortions in traditionally conservative states for a clue as to how many conservatives have abortions.
Only 6 of the top 25 states by abortion rate are red states. And of those, only 1 of the top 10 are red.

in addition...

21 states have an abortion rate below 10. 16 of those 21 states are red.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
Only 6 of the top 25 states by abortion rate are red states. And of those, only 1 of the top 10 are red.

in addition...

21 states have an abortion rate below 10. 16 of those 21 states are red.
so yes, even by your count the conservatives are getting abortions. the red states also have the highest teenage pregnancy rates.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times
Quote:
so yes, even by your count the conservatives are getting abortions. the red states also have the highest teenage pregnancy rates.
Only 1 of the top 10 is conservative proves my point. Red states have high teen birth rate also proves my point that Conservatives abort at a much lower rate.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Only 1 of the top 10 is conservative proves my point. Red states have high teen birth rate also proves my point that Conservatives abort at a much lower rate.
red states make it harder to get abortions, far less clinics as well. the numbers exist conservatives do get abortions. it isn't just liberals.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:10 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,108,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
A fetus almost certainly is not sentient.
That is scientifically incorrect. The fetus will develop brain-waves at about 12-14 weeks in the cerebral cortex and is fully aware of its own existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
A person in a medical coma is not the same as a fetus who has never been conscious.
Again, that is medically and scientifically incorrect.

A person in a persistent vegetative state is equivalent to a fetus in the first 12 weeks of existence.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:14 PM

1,166 posts, read 752,212 times
Quote:

I don't know any that would admit to it. However, plenty of them will do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies