Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 11:06 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I can imagine the emotions of a kid who's been bullied. I don't know that the 15-year old was systematically bullying the 14-year old, or really what was going on. Murder certainly isn't justified. But was the 14-year old intending to murder anyone? Was he striking out at someone he believed was persecuting him? Did he realize that a paring knife could kill someone? Did he intend to penetrate the 15-year old's heart? And even the victim's father isn't alleging attempted rape. Sexual harassment, not rape. For which I haven't found any independent verification.

I think that a lot of people are letting their anti-Muslim bias color the facts (what few are known) here.
I don't think people are letting their anti muslim bias color the facts. I think certain subject needs to be discussed openly and honestly without fear.

If the murderer really tried to rape a teenage girl, then I would want to address the issue of the so called rape culture associated with radical Muslims. (I did use the word: radical by the way because i don't believe all Muslims believe rape is justified.)

According to this article,

“The school can never hide anything. Even if the pupils are late getting to class, the parents are informed. If Arminas had been bullying anybody, we, the teachers, and the police would have known about it,” the father said.

https://www.rt.com/news/329243-swede...bbed-teenager/

I also want to point out that 10 years later, the real story behind Columbine revealed that the two murderers have never been bullied.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
story. 14 year old sexually assaults a girl. 15 year old stops it. 14 year old kills him.
That's not the story.

That's not even the victim's father's story. Sexual assault does not equal sexual harassment, and there is no one else coming forward to corroborate the story of sexual harassment. There does seem to be a history between these two boys, to the point that the 14-year-old's family complained to the school, and when the school didn't take action, complained to the police. There is a video of the older boy slapping and attacking the younger boy, which corroborates the bullying allegation.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
That's not the story.

That's not even the victim's father's story. Sexual assault does not equal sexual harassment, and there is no one else coming forward to corroborate the story of sexual harassment. There does seem to be a history between these two boys, to the point that the 14-year-old's family complained to the school, and when the school didn't take action, complained to the police. There is a video of the older boy slapping and attacking the younger boy, which corroborates the bullying allegation.
According to this article

the real background to the assassination at Göinge School in Broby, Skåne, is that Arminas had been in a minor brawl with the Syrian student in December. The Syrian had sexually harassed a girl and Arminas came to her defense.

– A week later, we went to the school for a meeting. The boy swore he would take revenge on him, and that is what he did, says the father.

On Monday, the first day of spring semester, the 14-year-old Syrian put his plans into action. He took a kitchen knife to school, snuck up behind Arminas and stabbed him in the back. The knife pierced Arminas' heart and he later died of his injuries. According to media reports, the 14-year-old planned the murder during the Christmas break by searching online for information about killing with a knife.

Parents: 15-year-old was murdered because he protected a Swedish girl from sexual harassment from an Arab student | Fria Tider

He planned his murder by taking the knife to school. So to answer your question, according to the above article at least, this murder is most certainly Premeditated murder. It is not a case of temporary insanity.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Listen up. The killer was stopped in a sexual assault. That was his motive for murder.
Who says there was a sexual assault?

Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think people are letting their anti muslim bias color the facts. I think certain subject needs to be discussed openly and honestly without fear.

If the murderer really tried to rape a teenage girl, then I would want to address the issue of the so called rape culture associated with radical Muslims. (I did use the word: radical by the way because i don't believe all Muslims believe rape is justified.)

According to this article,

“The school can never hide anything. Even if the pupils are late getting to class, the parents are informed. If Arminas had been bullying anybody, we, the teachers, and the police would have known about it,” the father said.

https://www.rt.com/news/329243-swede...bbed-teenager/

I also want to point out that 10 years later, the real story behind Columbine revealed that the two murderers have never been bullied.
So, the school can never hide anything. Except sexual harassment. Because ONLY the father of the victim is alleging that that happened.

And according to the other father, the school and the police had been notified about the 15-year-old bullying his son. Something we have on video.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
That's not the story.

Are you defending murder here ?

Old 01-22-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
So, the school can never hide anything. Except sexual harassment. Because ONLY the father of the victim is alleging that that happened.

And according to the other father, the school and the police had been notified about the 15-year-old bullying his son. Something we have on video.
Hey, I am just posting another article, just like you keep on talking about this video.

I said according to the article at least, the murder is Premeditated murder. No more, no less.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
According to this article

the real background to the assassination at Göinge School in Broby, Skåne, is that Arminas had been in a minor brawl with the Syrian student in December. The Syrian had sexually harassed a girl and Arminas came to her defense.

– A week later, we went to the school for a meeting. The boy swore he would take revenge on him, and that is what he did, says the father.

On Monday, the first day of spring semester, the 14-year-old Syrian put his plans into action. He took a kitchen knife to school, snuck up behind Arminas and stabbed him in the back. The knife pierced Arminas' heart and he later died of his injuries. According to media reports, the 14-year-old planned the murder during the Christmas break by searching online for information about killing with a knife.

Parents: 15-year-old was murdered because he protected a Swedish girl from sexual harassment from an Arab student | Fria Tider

He planned his murder by taking the knife to school. So to answer your question, according to the above article at least, this murder is most certainly Premeditated murder. It is not a case of temporary insanity.
We don't know what the 14-year-old planned. NO ONE says the Syrian had sexually harassed a girl except for the victim's father.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you defending murder here ?
I expressly have stated otherwise. Perhaps you are trying to undermine my argument by attacking my character?

My argument is pretty solid. We don't know all the details of what happened here. We know that it is a tragedy that a young man lost his life. But the rush to judgment is premature.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
We don't know what the 14-year-old planned. NO ONE says the Syrian had sexually harassed a girl except for the victim's father.
But murder is murder no matter the motive.

There's no defending that which you seem intent on doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies