Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHY did Hillary use her own server
Treason 1 1.01%
Greed 2 2.02%
She feels that she is above all laws 56 56.57%
All of the above 20 20.20%
Other, please post 4 4.04%
She did nothing illegal 11 11.11%
not sure 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:48 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

I think Hillary and Obama are of the same ilk. They believe the US needs to be taken down a few notches.

What better way than to "innocently" save some above top secret info on your own personal server? Of course she knew she would be the target of foreign hackers.

It would be like the US Air Force broadcasting the nuclear launch codes daily over channel 19 on the CB frequency.

She knew EXACTLY what she was doing IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:02 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think Hillary and Obama are of the same ilk. They believe the US needs to be taken down a few notches.

What better way than to "innocently" save some above top secret info on your own personal server? Of course she knew she would be the target of foreign hackers.

It would be like the US Air Force broadcasting the nuclear launch codes daily over channel 19 on the CB frequency.

She knew EXACTLY what she was doing IMO.
I have to think the same thing. 15-20 years ago, not nearly as much was known about cyber security and hacking as we do now...or in 2008. To think an unsecured, "home" server would be appropriate for classified information, particularly e-mail dealing with human intelligence (agents) is beyond conceivable. She put the lives of Americans and our supporters in danger. If ONE agent was arrested and executed (as is how many nations still treat spies), she should be charged with murder.

She HAD to know such a server wasn't secure and as SS had to anticipate that it would be a target of hacking. So why do it? Was it to have the opportunity to destroy records of her actions? Was she just too lazy to use a "company" (government) email for work and a private one for personnel messages? Or worse, was she deliberately leaving our enemies (many of whom she personally has taken money from) a way into the inner workings of the US government?

At the least display utter bad judgement and a disregard for the lives of American citizens. At the worst-treason.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-25-2016 at 08:17 AM..

Old 01-25-2016, 08:12 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think it's a very good question. Even if she was positive she would get away with it, it is STILL a good question.

Did she know in advance that she would be sending and receiving information that could incriminate her? Subjects like speaking fees and contributions to Clinton Foundation and Sydney Blumenthal's input are all sources of embarrassment, so maybe the whole thing was designed so that no one would ever know what she was doing.

It would have been missed if not for the Benghazi investigation. That's the way it goes; you hide one thing and get caught at something else even worse. She could have learned from Nixon.
Some actually LEARN from the past.

The "Rose law firm" papers miraculously appearing in the resident section of the White House., Whitewater, her unbelievable making over $100,000 on a stock buy, etc. has taught her to control the paper trail.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:50 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
American laws are beneath Global laws, and she knows it.

Her husband attended Oxford.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:58 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
I think after watching her past scandals "disappear" and the recent IRS scandal involving thousands of incriminating emails and hard drives just coincidently disappearing, and congress unable to indite a single IRS agent, she felt pretty safe.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:06 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
She is a sociopath who believes, after years of entitlement without repercussion, she's above the law.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:08 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
One issue is that there are two Americas. One where people with elite connections have special privileges and can break the law and avoid punishment.

Another issue is these elite people can jeopardize national secrets to protect their own secrets, because they know they have special rights placing them above national law.

Another issue is sheep that are willing to excuse any action so long as it comes from someone on their team.
I'm beginning to believe that that is the allure of Trump - not belonging to either team.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:12 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Poll speaks for itself.

Most Americans think Hillary is guilty.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:13 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
I am surprised that at this point I am the only one who thought it might be Greed. I am not sure if that is the reason she did it but 7 people also voted for all of the above, which includes greed.

Maybe it is because I am thinking of history so my first thought was of diplomats like Talleyrand, who used his position for bribes for instance in the XYZ affair. These days of course, bribes for access and favors would not just be coming from different governments but also many multi-national corporations, banks and billionaires. Money could be sent right into secret private Swiss bank accounts.

I do not know if that is why Clinton did what she did but it is possible. By ignoring the rules she leads herself open to not just questions of judgment but also of honesty.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you are saying you are fine with the lies, fine with being above the law, and fine with being reckless with national secrets -- because she has a D after her name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, there are real issues facing this country. It would be nice if Republicans would focus there for a few minutes. Like that will ever happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
She knows Dem voters don't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She's right. We don't.
None of this is new nor surprising. Barack Obama could rape a woman tomorrow and the Dems wouldn't care. It's the same scenario when a Republican POTUS breaks the law -- they circle the wagons and protect their own. The President's own party will cry, "Conspiracy!" even if they know better and know that they are blatantly guilty of breaking the law. They will downplay. They will make excuses. They will redirect.

Therein lies the problem with partisan politics: The vast majority those who self-identify as Democrat and Republican have rose-colored glasses firmly affixed. Their party can do no wrong and they'll argue to the death with anyone telling them differently. They have lost the ability to think for themselves.

Hillary is a crook, a liar and a felon. The Dems really should have the decency to nominate somebody less scandalous, but they won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies