Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

You said:

You don't understand the definition of "unemployed."

1] You have to want to work; and
2] You have to be able to work (meaning not in a nursing home, jail, rehab facility or whatever); and
3] You have to be actively seeking employment.

Your government defines actively seeking employment as having sought work in the last 4 weeks prior to the survey that is conducted for the job report.

If you want to argue that the government's definition is disingenuous, since the hiring process is now about 90 days; therefore those who sought work in the last 90 days should be counted as unemployed, then do so.

Someone who has no desire to work by definition cannot be unemployed.
Then they should give statistics of these "not wanting" to work separately.

They are counted "employed".

Certainly they are not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 02:55 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
What should happen? Blame the Republicans.

Obama is one branch of Government out of 3. The other 2 are dominated by conservatives and have been for almost 75% of his presidency.

During that time more and more Republicans have been put into power at the state and local levels.

We did not see any true liberal or left leaning policies. No matter what the conservative propaganda says.

No single payer.
No closing of Guantanamo.
Hardly any increase in taxes on capital gains or upper incomes.
No forcing the banks to eat the cost of the recessions they created.

Instead we got a gift to for profit insurances, and dictation that corporations are people.

Say what you will but Obama can only do so much within his power and the Republicans have blocked and weakened any effort. Don't call these liberal policies. These are 90s Republican policies at best.

We are still dealing with the ramifications of Bush policies.

Don't believe me?

Ted Cruz insists the Middle East was safer with Saddam Hussein and Colonel Gaddafi alive | Daily Mail Online

Who started those wars? How many trillions?

Obama won't have given us another recession. Conservatives and Republicans are in control of many more aspects of government and will roll over for Wall Street to give us another recession.

What will happen? The conservative sheeple will blame the black man who tried to take their money and guns and let the brown people come into the country, while they ignore the rich white men robbing and bankrupting their country. Much easier to blame the black guy.
Buuuuush! How long before liberals will quit using that old, tired refrain? Oh wait, maybe till the next Republican President they can pin everything on.

Last edited by toryturner; 01-28-2016 at 03:24 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 03:13 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I am curious

What will people say about that??

Despite FED's sincere efforts it seems they won't be able to prevent the next big thing

Who should we blame
Its must the normal game. If it looms lime the Repubs are going to win the election, you can bet, dollars to Navy beans, Obama and his clergy will set things up to be a helluva mess , when the I comings take over, or shortly thereafter. Gotta love politics......

Old 01-28-2016, 03:24 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Buuuuush! Do liberals ever get tired of that old, tired refrain?
The passing of time doesn't make him less at fault.

Are the Japanese no longer at fault for bombing Pearl Harbor because it was 70 years ago? Bush ruined the economy. We've now recovered. It's still his fault. It will always be his fault. Any one with a SHRED of intellectual honesty can look at a number of leading economic indicators and know that we're much better off than we were when Bush left office.

Personally, economically, I've had the best 7 years of my life.

It's Bush's fault. Live with it.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
The passing of time doesn't make him less at fault.

Are the Japanese no longer at fault for bombing Pearl Harbor because it was 70 years ago? Bush ruined the economy. We've now recovered. It's still his fault. It will always be his fault. Any one with a SHRED of intellectual honesty can look at a number of leading economic indicators and know that we're much better off than we were when Bush left office.

Personally, economically, I've had the best 7 years of my life.

It's Bush's fault. Live with it.
We are glad the Obama Presidency has enriched your bottom line. Unfortunately for many others it has not. Bush was not in any way a fiscal conservative but he did not sink the economy by himself. Congress, which consisted of Democrats as well as Republicans had a hand in it as well. Live with it.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
We are glad the Obama Presidency has enriched your bottom line. Unfortunately for many others it has not. Bush was not in any way a fiscal conservative but he did not sink the economy by himself. Congress, which consisted of Democrats as well as Republicans had a hand in it as well. Live with it.
Uh huh.

The country is much better off now financially than when Bush left office. So many are in the same boat as me. You're not doing well?

How about pulling yourself up by your boot straps? Get additional training. Improve your skills. I'm sure that's the advice you'd give anyone on welfare.

So which is it? Are you doing better under Obama or do you need to stretch out those bootstraps? I'd be successful no matter who is president. Its sad to blame your own inadequacies on the president.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Uh huh.

The country is much better off now financially than when Bush left office. So many are in the same boat as me. You're not doing well?

How about pulling yourself up by your boot straps? Get additional training. Improve your skills. I'm sure that's the advice you'd give anyone on welfare.

So which is it? Are you doing better under Obama or do you need to stretch out those bootstraps? I'd be successful no matter who is president. Its sad to blame your own inadequacies on the president.
Darlin' I did fine under Bush, great under Reagan and thankfully coasting into a comfortable retirement under President Obama. I simply asked why do liberals blame Bush for everything wrong, from singlehandedly destroying the economy to the pimples on their a--?

Old 01-28-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Darlin' I did fine under Bush, great under Reagan and thankfully coasting into a comfortable retirement under President Obama. I simply asked why do liberals blame Bush for everthing wrong, from singlehandedly destroying the economy to the pimples on their a--?
So you did fine under Obama? I thought he was the demon-child according to Conservatives.

I was in elementary school when Regan was president so I can't comment.

The reason liberals blame Bush for the mess that was our economy is this: It was his fault. And we continue to suffer the repercussions today.

Obama is by no means perfect, but, he's certainly been a much better steward of our economy and foreign policy than his predecessor.

The 1986 Red Sox World Series Loss is still Buckner's fault. Time doesn't change that.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Darlin' I did fine under Bush, great under Reagan and thankfully coasting into a comfortable retirement under President Obama. I simply asked why do liberals blame Bush for everything wrong, from singlehandedly destroying the economy to the pimples on their a--?
Probably for the same reason Cons blame everything from the Weather to racism to IS on Obama - pure selective perception.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
So you did fine under Obama? I thought he was the demon-child according to Conservatives.

I was in elementary school when Regan was president so I can't comment.

The reason liberals blame Bush for the mess that was our economy is this: It was his fault. And we continue to suffer the repercussions today.

Obama is by no means perfect, but, he's certainly been a much better steward of our economy and foreign policy than his predecessor.

The 1986 Red Sox World Series Loss is still Buckner's fault. Time doesn't change that.
Bush did not destroy the economy singlehandedly. Congress had a hand in it as well. Real estate speculators, Wall Street, and greedy people in general contributed. Blaming Bush, while refusing to acknowledge the other participants is ideologically driven and shortsighted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies