Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Thanks & respect, I appreciate.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
We already covered this. Just because the government doesn't charge as much as private land owners for grazing, doesn't mean it's consuming tax dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Anything for the cause! As long as the welfare queens benefit! Woo who!

Why not be honest & just say, TLDR, 'too long didn't read'?

You're kidding here, right?

I did read through it.

The whole grazing fees thing is nothing more than a red herring. This issue isn't about grazing, not for the The bundys, the Hammonds, or the BLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In the video, one of the other protestors arrested, says that Shawna Cox, who was in the car with Finicum stated that he charged toward the LEOs brandishing a gun. Since she was there with him, she probably knows more than those who are saying he had his hands raised.
There seems to be conflicting reports, Victoria Sharp said he had his hands up when they shot him. Shawna Cox was arrested, and is facing felony charges, is she just saying what the feds are telling her to in an attempt to avoid charges?

I doubt we'll get the whole truth about what happened.

Last edited by stburr91; 01-27-2016 at 08:34 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
We already covered this. Just because the government doesn't charge as much as private land owners for grazing, doesn't mean it's consuming tax dollars.

I did read through it.

There seems to be conflicting reports, Victoria Sharp said he had his hands up when they shot him. Shawna Cox was arrested, and is facing felony charges, is she just saying what the feds are telling her to in an attempt to avoid charges?

I doubt we'll get the whole truth about what happened.
Was Victoria Sharp there?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Was Victoria Sharp there?
I heard a report that she was.

I think I'm say that both people have their reasons to be motivated to put a slant on the story.

Last edited by stburr91; 01-27-2016 at 09:04 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:

I did read through it.
Guess you missed this part, huh?

"Receipts from grazing fees were $125 million less than federal appropriations in 2014.
Total federal appropriations for the USFS and BLM grazing programs in fiscal year 2014 were
$143.6 million, while grazing receipts were only $18.5 million.

Appropriations for the BLM and USFS grazing programs have exceeded grazing receipts by at
least $120 million annually since 2002
"

Go ahead, lie your way out of this one.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:

I did read through it.

The whole grazing fees thing is nothing more than a red herring. This issue isn't about grazing, not for the The bundys, the Hammonds, or the BLM.
What, pray tell, is THE issue? What is the human life-sacrificing issue?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Let me clarify. I mean that them going home to hug their families isn't an option at this point, because they will all likely be arrested now.
Well, sucks to be them. They went to great lengths to make their bed, time to lie in it.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:

"Receipts from grazing fees were $125 million less than federal appropriations in 2014.
Total federal appropriations for the USFS and BLM grazing programs in fiscal year 2014 were

Appropriations for the BLM and USFS grazing programs have exceeded grazing receipts by at
"

I don't know what all these appropriations for the BLM is being spent on, so I can't comment is whether or not this is correct.

The point that I made earlier still remains, of all the subsidies consuming tax dollars, these are the ones you have a problem with? Really?

Like I said, this is just partisan bias, and is not what this issue has ever been about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, sucks to be them. They went to great lengths to make their bed, time to lie in it.
True, they made a bad decision, now they have to pay the price.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,883 times
These buffoons need to learn how to be men. They cry about not getting/using land resources for free. They try to get their way by bullying with their guns. How about actually getting a job, save some money and buy your own damn land. They seem like such gutless cowards. Sounds like this loser took the easy way out via suicide by cop.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:

"

I'm not sure he'll read any of the relevant information you've provided (shrugs shoulders) so I'm leaving this one here for you:

https://www.revealnews.org/article/r...ght-subsidies/

This is about an anti-government rebellion in the Nevada sagebrush – with hefty taxpayer subsidies for the 'rebels':

Quote:
The subsidy program compensates ranchers who claim financial losses because a drought disaster has driven up the cost of feed for livestock.

Environmentalists derided the ranchers as drought deniers who nevertheless want a government handout for drought relief.

“It’s another example of the hypocrisy,” said Laura Leigh, founder of Wild Horse Education, a Reno nonprofit that seeks to protect wild horses on the Nevada range. “They want to run full numbers (of cattle) and claim there’s no drought, and they want to collect drought subsidies besides.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies