Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 12:01 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Buy health insurance of my choice.
Elaborate or this is just you repeating the point you've been told to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 12:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots.
No it isn't. Obamacare is just a big expansion of medicaid.
Its an attempt to force everyone UNDER ONE PLAN!!!! (Easy monitoring of everything)

Old 01-29-2016, 12:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Sincerely? You don't seem to realize that big healthcare insurers sell a set of coverages that is generalized. Kinda like I can't get just the channels I like from the cable company, I have to pay for all those gazillion sports channels that I never wathc, and are only in the way as I scroll through the index. You can still buy health insurance that allows you tailoring, to the same extent that you did before, and I bet your prior coverage would cover stuff for females that you never thought about, but feel free to blame ACA for including it now.
Really? Ostupidcare mandates that I have to have that coverage or I wouldn't be ACA compliant and subject to the fine. You have to report your compliance on your tax return.

I never had to do that before. I did not have to pay for crap I would never use. Now here comes your hero and guess what? I have to pay for it because some deadbeat wants free stuff.

The fine is cheaper than the premiums. And I pay no fine due to my tax credits.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:57 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Really? Ostupidcare mandates that I have to have that coverage or I wouldn't be ACA compliant and subject to the fine. You have to report your compliance on your tax return.

I never had to do that before. I did not have to pay for crap I would never use. Now here comes your hero and guess what? I have to pay for it because some deadbeat wants free stuff.

So what the hell are you whining about?

Old 01-29-2016, 12:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
So what the hell are you whining about?
I want what I had before that effing liar took it away!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
No it isn't. Obamacare is just a big expansion of medicaid. Where do you think the money is coming from to pay for it?
Don't you know, it's all FREEEEEEEEEEE.

The ignorance on the left can be astounding, and once you realize that they vote, it's also frightening.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
So on high school graduation day, an 18 year old should be able to afford a health insurance premium? What if they are heading to college? You are seriously going to debate that it isn't beneficial for people to have THE OPTION of being under their parent's insurance until the age of 26?

Wow, the right really does love cuddling in bed with corporate America. I knew plenty of med students who had insurance who probably wouldn't have otherwise if not for the change. Of course, most of them would probably "servive"...but it's clearly better to be insured.
"Cuddling in bed with corporate America" is signing a federal law making it illegal for any American not to buy health care insurance from corporate America.

What about the kids who graduates from high school, who do not head off to college, gets married and start raising a family? Are they suppose to pay higher health insurance premiums to subsidize these future CEOs and executives going to college?

So Billy and Suzy with one or two children, and have been paying higher health care insurance premiums, because you think it would be nice if they covered all these college kids who get free insured, at Billy and Suzy's expense?? What other stuff, in your Utopia, should people get for FREE, at Billy and Suzy's expense?

Old 01-29-2016, 07:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Don't you know, it's all FREEEEEEEEEEE.

The ignorance on the left can be astounding, and once you realize that they vote, it's also frightening.
The current GOP frontrunner has promised to replace Obamacare with something wonderful that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it.

Seems ignorance is bipartisan and frightening, eh.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Your choice to be uninsured. There's certainly enough boxes to check to avoid a penalty.

Hope you have the financial resources to pay for hospital, rehabilitation, treatment and medication in the event you have an unfortunate accident, become a victim of a crime or receive a nasty late stage diagnosis.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Look I'm a centrist but for the most part lean Democrat...however that has not stopped me from voting Republican in the past. But I keep on hearing how Obama is lawless and taking away our freedoms but Lets look logically. What were you allowed to do on Jan. 19 2009 (the day before Obama officially became president) that you are now longer allowed to do. and please no vague talking points or an idea he presented. Also if it wasn't a problem with his predecessors it cant be a problem with him

I guess your right. Limiting and highly restricting our freedom and liberties, is not taking them totally away.

You can be born with unlimited liberties, but as you grow older, they slowly get narrowed down. In many cases to only one to choose from.
Take it or leave it, then becomes your choice and they will assure you, that you still have the freedom to choose.

You can have your rights, but not here. - Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies