Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 06:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Not true. Most whites in your region are broadly of Anglo/Germanic descent.
Nope.

As a native Southwesterner, I know better than that.

Most whites out here are of Hispanic origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 06:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Not true. Most whites in your region are broadly of Anglo/Germanic descent.
I live here and; MOST non Hispanic white people def ID as "anglo", even people of Italian family.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:16 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope.

As a native Southwesterner, I know better than that.

Most whites out here are of Hispanic origin.
I mean non-Hispanic whites, obviously.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:20 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I live here and; MOST non Hispanic white people def ID as "anglo", even people of Italian family.
Aside from the Italians, who aren't that numerous, the majority of non-Hispanic whites in the Southwest, or in most of the US, are of mixed British Isles and German stock. Not exactly a truly pan-European sampling, or overly non-Anglo. Even the Germans are of closely-related Germanic stock. And if your roots in this country go back far enough, you're basically "white American" in terms of ethnicity. This is how many people, especially in the South, identify.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:30 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Your bigotry is blatant in every word you speak. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's not the truth but I expect no different from people that live in a fantasy world, a warped fantasy world.
Prove that what I said is bigotry. You have not proven anything a lie on my part.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Which only makes it clear that you are historically ignorant and lends nothing to the discussion.
I'm historically ignorant? I named examples in earlier posts showing how race has been a major factor. Call me ignorant all you want. Show me where I am a liar. Show me where I am wrong. Until that can be done, then you have lied.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
What is wrong with that? If you give a POW access to alcohol, he might say something useful that he wouldn't otherwise. What does a black U.S. soldier need to be getting drunk for anyway? Loose lips sink ships.
You rationalizing enemy POWs getting better treatment than Black American soldiers fighting for THIS country is a sign of bigotry. Giving an enemy more rights than your own soldiers is treasonous.

Soldiers got drunk from time to time. Why should Black soldiers have been given different rules than White soldiers? They were fighting for the same country, for this country. Shouldn't have they been treated the same?

Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM

109 posts, read 68,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You rationalizing enemy POWs getting better treatment than Black American soldiers fighting for THIS country is a sign of bigotry. Giving an enemy more rights than your own soldiers is treasonous.

Soldiers got drunk from time to time. Why should Black soldiers have been given different rules than White soldiers? They were fighting for the same country, for this country. Shouldn't have they been treated the same?
You have a point. If blacks were drafted, trained, and told to shoot Japs and Germans, they should have had the same access to the Officers, NCO, and enlisted clubs. However, I don't think that blacks should have been in our military at all.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
You have a point. If blacks were drafted, trained, and told to shoot Japs and Germans, they should have had the same access to the Officers, NCO, and enlisted clubs. However, I don't think that blacks should have been in our military at all.
They definitely shouldn't have been, but not for the same reasons you believe.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Because government does not respect the rights of the individual.
Related to your story of the unequal treatment of blacks during wartime, Japanese Americans were thrown in jail for being Japanese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies