Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 12:01 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,719,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Oh really? There are many many professionals that are more successful than you or I ever dreamed of that use it daily. You really should research it more before you call malarkey.

You are probably caught up in painting people with your broad-brush stereotype because all you know about is street weed, or maybe you actually prefer the type of "couch lock" results that some strains (including street weed) gives you. Well, I am here to inform you pal, that many strains are uplifting, motivating, energizing, and creativity inducing. To deny that means you are uninformed and simply don't care to learn. I can guarantee you with 100% certainly that much of your favorite music was composed or performed with the aid of cannabis. Please try to expand your world to include more than just the crappy people you have associated with that are annoying and high maintenance.

Bull. There literally are millions of us long-term users that never went on to hard drugs. Millions. To deny that again means that you are more out of touch than you realize. All of us, including yourself and the most hard drug addicted user that ever existed, drank milk before moving on to hard drugs. To claim that all hard drug users have cannabis in their past is no more telling than saying they all drank milk in their past. Wake up and use some logic.

As a matter of fact, I have been to Amsterdam. I found an open culture that are very smart and tolerant. Yes, there have been changes recently, meant to curb the pot tourism, but they are not trying to remove it from their culture, far from it. The problems you are referring to will subside as soon as there is no need to flock to particular countries (or states) in order to enjoy legal cannabis. You will see that here in the states once it is legal in the majority of states.

Oh! The light bulb comes on! Now I understand your jaded viewpoint. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, you need to get a clue. Really. If we were co-workers and had never discussed the subject, I assure you there would be NO WAY you would know about my usage. NO WAY. I am a VERY productive member of society, routinely engineer complex electronic equipment, pay my taxes, and write computer code. And I am the reason people have a problem with pot? Give me a break, lol!!! It is your personal bias and ultrasensitivity to users (and abusers) that people have the problem with.

Good idea. Stop trying to judge people you have never met from 1000 miles away based on your limited and jaded view of cannabis and its effects on humans.
Jeez weed should be mellowing everyone out. So what some contend it is bad for a person... They have valid points!

Some contend it shouldn't be a schedule 1. They are probably right!

It is a drug, it is addictive (very mild physiologically, quite strong in some physchologically), but, whether it's the casual user or the high all day, it can be a reasonable addiction (meaning highly functional). There is some evidence pointing towards medicinal uses (much of it anecdotal but some appears as valid for nausea, maybe glaucoma although placebos have also had similar effects).

I quit after 25+ years because I got bored with it. I'd still prefer someone be baked beyond to work on something I'm paying for vs. being inebriated from alcohol, benzodiazepines, opiates, meth, or cocaine derivatives (but maybe not lsd if I'm at a comedy club). But pointing out the dangers in other drugs to justify the safety in weed... Never quite understood that. Well maybe I understood it in high school but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far away (or maybe I was on another acid trip. Lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 12:33 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,686,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Doctors treat people like cattle.

a lot of quacks out there, they are prescribing opiates like candy creating hard junkies in the process.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
a lot of quacks out there, they are prescribing opiates like candy creating hard junkies in the process.
True 12 years ago... Now every state has a check on doc shopping and prescriptions where docs go to jail or get medically censured. One can still get around it, it's just a lot harder these days.

As for opiates and heroin, that is spot on. Opana is like 400 a pill (I don't use, I work with those recovering) vs 40-50 for 'ole boy', 'hank', dope (heroin).

And I'm not comparing the market forces or effects of opiates to bud everyone! Lol

Old 02-02-2016, 12:57 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,686,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
True 12 years ago... Now every state has a check on doc shopping and prescriptions where docs go to jail or get medically censured. One can still get around it, it's just a lot harder these days.

As for opiates and heroin, that is spot on. Opana is like 400 a pill (I don't use, I work with those recovering) vs 40-50 for 'ole boy', 'hank', dope (heroin).

And I'm not comparing the market forces or effects of opiates to bud everyone! Lol

in a world with 7.3 billion people a country with 320 million Americans take 80 percent of opiates!!! a lot of quacks still operating I guess

America's Prescription Drug Addiction - Rates and Statistics

https://www.thefix.com/content/ameri...on-painkillers

Prescription Painkillers: Record Number of Americans Pain Medication - ABC News

Old 02-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
in a world with 7.3 billion people a country with 320 million Americans take 80 percent of opiates!!! a lot of quacks still operating I guess

America's Prescription Drug Addiction - Rates and Statistics

https://www.thefix.com/content/ameri...on-painkillers

Prescription Painkillers: Record Number of Americans Pain Medication - ABC News
You can do the same % on antibiotics, Ed medicine, etc... You'll find we take close to that much of everything!

The funny thing is, you are blaming the 'quacks'... Like the doc intentionally asked a person to come in complaining of pain that, more often than not, is life choice directed?

Opiates are prescribed for the same reason people take 'roids: THEY WORK.

Although I am glad pain management clinics get scrutinized the way they do, especially by my profession.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,369,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Go ahead. I'm waiting for you "freedom loving" conservatives to chime in.

No one owes you "5" of anything, especially in light of your belligerent taunt.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:14 PM

269 posts, read 177,153 times
Quote:
Oh really? There are many many professionals that are more successful than you or I ever dreamed of that use it daily. You really should research it more before you call malarkey.

You are probably caught up in painting people with your broad-brush stereotype because all you know about is street weed, or maybe you actually prefer the type of "couch lock" results that some strains (including street weed) gives you. Well, I am here to inform you pal, that many strains are uplifting, motivating, energizing, and creativity inducing. To deny that means you are uninformed and simply don't care to learn. I can guarantee you with 100% certainly that much of your favorite music was composed or performed with the aid of cannabis. Please try to expand your world to include more than just the crappy people you have associated with that are annoying and high maintenance.

Bull. There literally are millions of us long-term users that never went on to hard drugs. Millions. To deny that again means that you are more out of touch than you realize. All of us, including yourself and the most hard drug addicted user that ever existed, drank milk before moving on to hard drugs. To claim that all hard drug users have cannabis in their past is no more telling than saying they all drank milk in their past. Wake up and use some logic.

As a matter of fact, I have been to Amsterdam. I found an open culture that are very smart and tolerant. Yes, there have been changes recently, meant to curb the pot tourism, but they are not trying to remove it from their culture, far from it. The problems you are referring to will subside as soon as there is no need to flock to particular countries (or states) in order to enjoy legal cannabis. You will see that here in the states once it is legal in the majority of states.

Oh! The light bulb comes on! Now I understand your jaded viewpoint. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, you need to get a clue. Really. If we were co-workers and had never discussed the subject, I assure you there would be NO WAY you would know about my usage. NO WAY. I am a VERY productive member of society, routinely engineer complex electronic equipment, pay my taxes, and write computer code. And I am the reason people have a problem with pot? Give me a break, lol!!! It is your personal bias and ultrasensitivity to users (and abusers) that people have the problem with.

Good idea. Stop trying to judge people you have never met from 1000 miles away based on your limited and jaded view of cannabis and its effects on humans.
You mad?

Look guy, you're a drug addict that doesn't operate at 100% because you're on drugs. You're in serious denial just like most drug addicts or alcoholics. You would be more productive living your life sober. End of story.

I have no problem with Marijuana. As I've already said, I smoke it from time to time and voted for it's legalization in my state. What I do have a problem with is listening to some delusional drug addict that's been high for 40 years tell me that he/she isn't an addict. As I've already said, this is one of the biggest reasons non-smokers don't want it legalized. They don't want to deal with Peter Potsmoker that thinks a mind altering substance isn't a real drug. Also, people know that you're high, they just don't care enough to make a deal out of it. Enough with you're hippy nonsense already.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,320,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
You mad?

Look guy, you're a drug addict that doesn't operate at 100% because you're on drugs. You're in serious denial just like most drug addicts or alcoholics. You would be more productive living your life sober. End of story.

I have no problem with Marijuana. As I've already said, I smoke it from time to time and voted for it's legalization in my state. What I do have a problem with is listening to some delusional drug addict that's been high for 40 years tell me that he/she isn't an addict. As I've already said, this is one of the biggest reasons non-smokers don't want it legalized. They don't want to deal with Peter Potsmoker that thinks a mind altering substance isn't a real drug. Also, people know that you're high, they just don't care enough to make a deal out of it. Enough with you're hippy nonsense already.
Absolutely ridiculous. You do not have me pegged at all. You have a picture in your mind of who I am that is prejudice and unalterable, which in no way resembles me in the slightest.

I'm not mad, but I do get a little defensive when someone pegs certain character traits and/or flaws on me that do not fit. You have no idea who you are communicating with.

And just so you know, during my 40+ years of experience, which trumps your experience by an incredible amount, there was a time about 25 years ago in which for 3 years I did not use it. Looking back, it is easy to see that those were the least productive years in my life.

I know, that paragraph just bounced right off your deaf ears.

"End of story". Yep, you are another brick wall. I'm done with you too.

Last edited by Raddo; 02-02-2016 at 03:50 PM..

Old 02-02-2016, 03:32 PM

65 posts, read 45,326 times
All drugs should be legal and taxed. I would be happy with it being left up to the states though

Then we can fund more rehabilitation facilities which are desperately needed

Old 02-02-2016, 04:03 PM

269 posts, read 177,153 times
Quote:
Absolutely ridiculous. You do not have me pegged at all. You have a picture in your mind of who I am that is prejudice and unalterable, which in no way resembles me in the slightest.

I'm not mad, but I do get a little defensive when someone pegs certain character traits and/or flaws on me that do not fit. You have no idea who you are communicating with.

And just so you know, during my 40+ years of experience, which trumps your experience by an incredible amount, there was a time about 25 years ago in which for 3 years I did not use it. Looking back, it is easy to see that those were the least productive years in my life.

I know, that paragraph just bounced right off your deaf ears.

"End of story". Yep, you are another brick wall. I'm done with you too.
Oh, I think I got you pegged. That's why you're freaking out. Addicts hate hearing the truth. I cool with you're addiction. It's your denial that is truly pathetic.

Like I said, it's people with your mindset that make non-smokers second guess legalizing pot. Any rational person reading the nonsense you're touting is shaking their head guaranteed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies