Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:14 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,516,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You got a link for that ?
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...gions_2012.xls

There's 2012...slightly lower that year at 42% of all posession arrests. looking for the link now for the decade

Here's 2013
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...rsons-arrested

1.5 million drug abuse arrests in 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 10:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Ahh... ok then. You don't live in reality. Our conversation is over. Go ahead back to 1919 and see how that worked out.
Oh but I do live in reality.. You have an agenda... I don't support your agenda. I have seen what cannabis does to formerly productive people. No, I can't and won't support the legalization of marijuana. Sorry, but you simply don't have the ultimate argument here.. You just think you do..

Old 01-29-2016, 10:19 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
The thousands of people a year put in cages for these substances that the tax payers are paying for in prison, the existence of gangs and cartels that murder people by the thousands each year to control a substance that should be legal, the research that these substances are not only benign, but may have several medical benefits but remain illegal...etc....

Do I need to continue? I sure hope not...I bet you clamor on and on about guns...

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.

Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car - ABC News

Old 01-29-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh but I do live in reality.. You have an agenda... I don't support your agenda. I have seen what cannabis does to formerly productive people. No, I can't and won't support the legalization of marijuana. Sorry, but you simply don't have the ultimate argument here.. You just think you do..
You keep on living in your teetotaling world. It doesn't belong in reality on the federal law level.

I see people die from alcoholism every week while providing anesthesia in a level 1 trauma center. I can't intubate someone at least once a month because of barret's esophagus from chronic alcoholism. Never saw anyone in the hospital for cannabis. Funny.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.

Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car - ABC News
So you think alcohol should be illegal too, then? I see this same article every time a cannabis thread pops up. From 2012 hahaha. I could probably find 10 new drunk driving death articles a day. Funny how that works.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
You keep on living in your teetotaling world. It doesn't belong in reality on the federal law level.
Let me see... You live your life in an altered state and question my reality?? Really??

Old 01-29-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Let me see... You live your life in an altered state and question my reality?? Really??
I smoke cannabis once a month. I wake up at 4am 5 days a week, so I limit my conscious altering occasions. As far as drinking, maybe twice a month, though I do love craft beer. Keep deflecting, though.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I smoke cannabis once or twice a month. I wake up at 4am 5 days a week, so I limit my conscious altering occasions. Keep deflecting, though.
Who is deflecting here? You question my reality, when I don't live my life in an altered state, while you do. You say you smoke once or twice a month. I have known a lot of smokers and they say the same thing... Fact is, they don't. They smoke considerably more. My guess is you do too. I know a lot of functional alcoholics too.. They get up at 4am and go to work too... They were loaded the night before. There is nothing wrong with my grip on reality, but you may want to re-examine yours. You may also want to check on your integrity..

Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
I smoke cannabis once a month. I wake up at 4am 5 days a week, so I limit my conscious altering occasions. As far as drinking, maybe twice a month, though I do love craft beer. Keep deflecting, though.
Most of my friends smoke it daily. Some do it for relaxation just like alcohol. But many do it because it relieves pain and anxiety. And they don't get high from it.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM

Huh... high efficacy in helping people quit using a highly addictive substance proven time and again to cause cancer

Pilot study of the 5-HT2AR agonist psilocybin in the treatment of tobacco addiction

It should be schedule 1, though...and no further research should be done....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies