Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:32 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Gays are indicative of a deviant alternative lifestyle (Anti -Family Values) and as such are not allowed to exist within the Republican Party.
So your saying that the lib party is not for families?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:54 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Gays are indicative of a deviant alternative lifestyle (Anti -Family Values) and as such are not allowed to exist within the Republican Party.
Is that why they've been locked in a log cabin?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Whatever !
Heh, the answer of those who have no rational response. Nice.

Quote:
How can I be incorrect of my OWN OPINION?
The main question in my post was "why do you have the opinion you are presenting?"

You are incorrect in your opinion about whether you are narrow minded because your opinion runs counter to the definition of the term. See the definition of narrow minded posted for your convenience and enlightenment. Making up your own definitions of dictionary terms doesn't work. Fact > opinion. You lose.

Quote:
I know what is wrong with it and I owe you nothing to substantiate my personal opinions.
Please post what you think is wrong with it... unless you have nothing of substance to post. You certainly owe me nothing but if you plan on making remarks which I find offensive without substantiating them please don't be surprised when I pick them apart. You have the right to voice whatever opinion you hold and I have the right to tear it apart. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Heh, the answer of those who have no rational response. Nice.

The main question in my post was "why do you have the opinion you are presenting?"

You are incorrect in your opinion about whether you are narrow minded because your opinion runs counter to the definition of the term. See the definition of narrow minded posted for your convenience and enlightenment. Making up your own definitions of dictionary terms doesn't work. Fact > opinion. You lose.

Please post what you think is wrong with it... unless you have nothing of substance to post. You certainly owe me nothing but if you plan on making remarks which I find offensive without substantiating them please don't be surprised when I pick them apart. You have the right to voice whatever opinion you hold and I have the right to tear it apart. Freedom of speech works both ways.
Freedom of speech is for you to say what you want, it is not for you to use to tear what someone else says apart.

Why would it be offensive? You can make fun of me for being straight I dont care a bit. You have that right. And I wouldnt consider it offensive at all.

Dont need substance, its my opinion and I do not want to change your thoughts at all, you can feel and think anyway you want.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,211 times
Quote:
Freedom of speech is for you to say what you want, it is not for you to use to tear what someone else says apart.
Actually it is every bit for me to use to tear what you say apart. I would think that is less detrimental than, say, you tearing someone else's livelihood and lifestyle apart. If you can dish it, you better be able to take it too, buddy.

You have still not given a rational, logical reason as to why you don't support Gay marriage, by the way.

It's amazing, some people just can't come out and say they're homophobic? Why is it so difficult admitting what you are?

Last edited by SmerkyGrl; 02-09-2008 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 06:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:

Why would it be offensive? You can make fun of me for being straight I dont care a bit. You have that right. And I wouldnt consider it offensive at all.

Dont need substance, its my opinion and I do not want to change your thoughts at all, you can feel and think anyway you want.

you're being called out because you are narrow minded, not b/c you are "straight". there are plenty of fair minded "straight hetro" folks out there who believe in what the Constitution and the ideals of the
Republic.

for what reasons do you feel that gay citizens are not entitled to the same rights as every other american?

Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
If when I say what I want it tears someone else's argument apart how is that not Freedom of Speech? Or is your idea of Freedom of Speech only freedom for those who present your point of view?

Quote:
Why would it be offensive?
For the same reason that saying blacks don't deserve equal rights and interracial marriage should be illegal are offensive.

Quote:
You can make fun of me for being straight I dont care a bit. You have that right. And I wouldnt consider it offensive at all.
Why would I make fun of you for being straight to begin with? Why would you make fun of someone for being gay?

Quote:
Noted that you base your opinions not on substance but on whim and ignorance.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
What is going on today? This is the third thread where I have found the posters going off and discussing each other instead of the topic.

I suggest that everyone just take a breather here too.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies