Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 AM

572 posts, read 280,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Why would you expect anyone to pay attention to such silly claims?
Because at least then I would get the impression that you were capable of understanding them, and could correct you if you don't.

I would respect an intelligent rebuttal, but a thoughtless dismissal only proves you're out of your depth.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You do realize that "white" in this case is a shorthand term used to describe the European descended population group and not literally a color or physical trait?
It still has no meaning. It could of been just as easily an African descended population group. There really is no empirical or logical reason for saying "white people created civilization". It's an empty statement and serves no purpose. It's like saying a white person created the light bulb. The person race or ethnicity has no meaning or purpose in the creation of the light bulb. The only reason it's spoken is to assert a racial superiority, yet it's quite obviously a correlation does not equal causation type deal. It's a relative coincidence that mostly white people have created ****, it occurred this way due to other non-racial or ethnic reasons, i.e. non inherent reasons (environmental).

You do not understand almost every single argument you bring from stormfront is based on a logical fallacy. The reason people call your arguments racist or stupid is becasue this gets pointed out, but you close-mindedly double down on clearly illogical and irrational premises.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:15 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
It still has no meaning. It could of been just as easily an African descended population group. There really is no empirical or logical reason for saying "white people created civilization". It's an empty statement and serves no purpose. It's like saying a white person created the light bulb. The person race or ethnicity has no meaning or purpose in the creation of the light bulb. The only reason it's spoken is to assert a racial superiority, yet it's quite obviously a correlation does not equal causation type deal.
He didn't create the light bulb....the village and the culture established by the village created it.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He didn't create the light bulb....the village and the culture established by the village created it.
I would suppose you are a white privilege advocate that removes a unique human beings abilities from the equation. The persons race or ethnicity has nothing to do with it, but his/her unique inherent curiosity and intelligence coupled with the supportive environment led to the creation of the light bulb, it just so happen he happens to be white and male. Which means nothing.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:41 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I would suppose you are a white privilege advocate that removes a unique human beings abilities from the equation. The persons race or ethnicity has nothing to do with it, but his/her unique inherent curiosity and intelligence coupled with the supportive environment led to the creation of the light bulb, it just so happen he happens to be white and male. Which means nothing.
Then why do you bring it up?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb The End of an Era... for White Males

As a white male, I'll say this...

Whatever this "new era" turns out to be, we white guys will still be in good shape.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Then why do you bring it up?
Did you even read my post?

Hint: to demonstrate that race and ethnicity does not matter. It's like you picked out one part and ignored the rest. You can not be this big of ****ing idiot, can you?

Read this post again:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/42860537-post52.html

Once you do that, stop taking my statements out of context in an horrible attempt to misrepresent my premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies