Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 PM

8,281 posts, read 6,360,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
TSA groping is mandatory now. And they've yet to catch one single terrorist.

I'm 72 and I was groped at Portland airport last Christmas by TSA.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Go ahead and start.

Please.

The freedom over my own health?

Thanks to Obama I am forced...well not forced because the Supreme Court ruled that while it isn't that oppressive that I have to pay a tax to insure myself and if it is any more punitive they reserve the right to overturn it.

How generous of my nine rulers in black robes to say Obamacare taxes ( lol they are penalties to the sheep ) are not oppressive enough to be against my American constitutional rights.

Oh I sorry.

Silly me.

I'm just an American who believed In freedom liberty and independence.

For everyone.

Not the well they are only 3/5ths they don't count.

Yeah I count.

You know that rebellious slave that killed a lot of whites that some Americans like to celebrate today?

Yeah he counted.

So do I.

Not that I am advocating killing those who proclaim law like they did way back then and today....

Or am I?

I'm just one pissed off American.

Damn my dog just ran away from me.

How would those who voted for passed signed and ruled constitutional it was ok to enslave Americans to pay to insure their lives via the law of the land like to feel a fraction of justice doling out Of modern day hollywoods slave revolts propaganda?

Because we all know birth of a nation ain't so racist.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who would be willing to dole out that justice?

After all who is really enslaved?

A well paid ( or subsidized in this case ) slave is still a slave.

Another American history lesson not even taught in black history month.

Last edited by Ih2puo; 02-06-2016 at 11:26 PM..

Old 02-07-2016, 04:41 AM

26,954 posts, read 15,172,021 times
Progressives here like to ask, "Specifically what freedoms has Obama failed to take from you after trying to?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
So you can tell them.

Nice to see it actually worded truthfully.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:40 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,683,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I never had GROUP insurance.
Whether you bought an 'individual' plan or not, what the 'group' gets covered forms the basis of what you get covered. Something to do with actuarial tables, maybe? Just like with cable tv, you don't get to pick each and every little piece of your coverage. Not to mention that most people would fail miserably at trying to cobble together a plan, because they aren't knowledgeable enough to cover all the bases of what could go wrong.

If you were able to tell your insurance company prior to obamacare being instituted that you didn't want coverage for mammograms, I'd like to know what company that was? Obamacare may have changed the reimbursement for mammograms in some way, or allowed for one with no co-pay annually, but I'd be willing to bet that some sort of coverage that included being able to get a mammogram was included.

Although they are a really minor number of breast cancer cases, men do indeed occasionally need mammograms. You could possibly, someday, be glad that you had to have that coverage.

And, the question from the OP was 'what freedoms has Obama FAILED TO TAKE from you...' Bingo - he failed to take your mammograms away from you (not that he actually tried to in reality, tho).

Old 02-07-2016, 06:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,911,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post

Thanks to Obama I am forced...well not forced because the Supreme Court ruled that while it isn't that oppressive that I have to pay a tax to insure myself and if it is any more punitive they reserve the right to overturn it.

How generous of my nine rulers in black robes to say Obamacare taxes ( lol they are penalties to the sheep ) are not oppressive enough to be against my American constitutional rights.
Please cite your constitutional right that Obamacare violated. The constitution says that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes. You never had a right not to pay taxes that Congress authorized. The tax penalty under the ACA is a tax and if you are legal obliged to pay it or, hark -- buy health insurance that will pay your bills should you need medical care.

Perhaps this is you:

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be
Quote:
SCONDIDO, CA—Spurred by an administration he believes to be guilty of numerous transgressions, self-described American patriot Kyle Mortensen, 47, is a vehement defender of ideas he seems to think are enshrined in the U.S. Constitution and principles that brave men have fought and died for solely in his head.

"Our very way of life is under siege," said Mortensen, whose understanding of the Constitution derives not from a close reading of the document but from talk-show pundits, books by television personalities, and the limitless expanse of his own colorful imagination. "It's time for true Americans to stand up and protect the values that make us who we are."

Old 02-07-2016, 07:02 AM

18,410 posts, read 7,042,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why? For the same reason that states mandate uninsured motorist insurance. For the same reason that you get must pay a ticket if you go through a red light. These are rules that government has a right to decide.

As for coverage of that "female junk," that adds nearly nothing to your plan cost.

I think many conservatives here are confusing constitutional rights with the rights they would have if we lived in a state of nature, where there was no government at all.

According to some, it seems they only began to fret that government had the right to impose rules upon them when Obama became President. Somehow, they didn't seem to mind Bush's warrantless wiretap program or his policy of secret rendition. But when the new guy came in, every regulation change became a tyrannical imposition on personal liberty.
Car insurance exists to protect others from my actions when I operate a vehicle on public roads.
I am not mandated to purchase car insurance if I don't drive or even if I operate a vehicle on private property.

So why should I be mandated to purchase health insurance if I am young and healthy? Or coverage beyond what I need or want?

Old 02-07-2016, 07:09 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Please cite your constitutional right that Obamacare violated. The constitution says that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes.

Be honest with yourself here...

Was this taking of power, the people had for themselves to decide before, sold to the public by Obama, Pelosi & Reid as a TAX? Was it sold as, we are going to instate a Progressive income based tax, on top of an already burdensome income based tax?... Both to redistribute wealth unequally....

Old 02-07-2016, 07:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post

Oh I sorry.

Silly me.

I'm just an American who believed In freedom liberty and independence.

For everyone.

Not the well they are only 3/5ths they don't count.

Yeah I count.

You know that rebellious slave that killed a lot of whites that some Americans like to celebrate today?

Yeah he counted.

So do I.

Not that I am advocating killing those who proclaim law like they did way back then and today....

Or am I?

I'm just one pissed off American.

Damn my dog just ran away from me.

How would those who voted for passed signed and ruled constitutional it was ok to enslave Americans to pay to insure their lives via the law of the land like to feel a fraction of justice doling out Of modern day hollywoods slave revolts propaganda?

Because we all know birth of a nation ain't so racist.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who would be willing to dole out that justice?

After all who is really enslaved?

A well paid ( or subsidized in this case ) slave is still a slave.

Another American history lesson not even taught in black history month.

I'm kinda sorry that you spent so much time making up that whiny screed.

How's your health, anyway?

Old 02-07-2016, 07:22 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,096,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Car insurance exists to protect others from my actions when I operate a vehicle on public roads.
I am not mandated to purchase car insurance if I don't drive or even if I operate a vehicle on private property.

So why should I be mandated to purchase health insurance if I am young and healthy? Or coverage beyond what I need or want?
Because if/when something happens to you the rest of us have to pay the bill if you don't have insurance. If it were up to me, people who don't have insurance should be left to die. Unfortunately, that's not how our society works.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Quote:
All under the auspices of the Dept of Homeland Security.

Brought to you by George W Bush and his GOP congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Nope. Brought to you by Joseph Lieberman.
It's pretty far gone to claim that a single senator put the Dept of Homeland Security together. Especially when the prez and congress were of the opposite party. But feel free to keep on convincing yourself of that.

Quote:
And still the Bushes are progressive leftist family-planning promoting, voodoo economics deriding liberal Rockefeller Republicans.
Another psycho talk statement.

Quote:
What's a Homeland? Sounds Stalinist.
It does.

Brought to you by Dubya and his GOP congress.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies