Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times

Advertisements

Kansas can keep buying companies from Missouri, but it's not really helping them.

In Kansas City area, jobs aren

Missouri side of the Kansas City area accounts for more job growth | The Kansas City Star

http://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain-...kansascity.pdf

Yael T. Abouhalkah: Poor Kansas loses to Missouri in KC area jobs race | The Kansas City Star

Meanwhile:

Kansas will not even release how much they are giving the Dairy Farmers to move from KCMO to the speedway area. Is anybody in Kansas even interested in how much corporate welfare (your taxes) are involved here? I'm guessing between PEAK incentives, TIFF and latching onto one of the STAR bond areas near the speedway, they will get well over half of their new office building paid for plus tens of thousands of dollars per employee or similar deals to what AMC, Fishnet etc.

Dairy Farmers of America plans to cross the state line to new KCK headquarters | The Kansas City Star

Reduce taxes + corporate welfare. Doesn't seem to be working.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:44 AM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
It's unreal how much heat people in this forum (myself included) take for bickering about an imaginary state line when this Brownback guy has waged an all-out war specifically just against that state line of Kansas City, Missouri. Someone try telling him its just an imaginary state line.

Why do this to your neighbor? Why not target and war against Texas? Or California etc? Why does he hate the Missouri side so much? That he's willing to squander so much just to move companies a few miles across an "imaginary state line". This Brownback is a wildfire of a cancer, I just wish Missouri could do more to p*ss that wildfire out. But then again, from those reports, Kansas is the one that needs to more.

Perhaps Kansas is on a hundred year plan? By then, maybe they'll finally have more job growth.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:25 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
This idiot hurts the state of Kansas more than anything. Companies paying less tax means individuals will end up paying the rest.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...e-project.html

The company said it would immediately begin the process of identifying interim and permanent office space "within the metro KC area" — a departure from its initial commitment to remain in downtown Kansas City.

"BNIM is committed to Kansas City, our city, today and in the future. However, with our lease expiring at our current temporary headquarters, we must immediately begin the process of identifying interim and permanent office space within the metro KC area. With our recent growth and planned projects set to increase by 50% in the near future, we will also begin the process of shifting some future growth to our offices in other cities until such time as we have an office plan in the KC metro."

Sounds like they plan to move across the state line to Kansas.

Last edited by luzianne; 02-08-2016 at 01:13 PM..

Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,165,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

The company said it would immediately begin the process of identifying interim and permanent office space "within the metro KC area" — a departure from its initial commitment to remain in downtown Kansas City.

"BNIM is committed to Kansas City, our city, today and in the future. However, with our lease expiring at our current temporary headquarters, we must immediately begin the process of identifying interim and permanent office space within the metro KC area. With our recent growth and planned projects set to increase by 50% in the near future, we will also begin the process of shifting some future growth to our offices in other cities until such time as we have an office plan in the KC metro."

Seems relevant...to something, I guess. Just not this topic.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Seems relevant...to something, I guess. Just not this topic.
It's relevant. KCMO businesses moving from KCMO across the state line...which is sort of the opposite from what kcmo is trying to "prove" by his post. I for one am tired of his incessant posts trying to discredit Kansas/Johnson County and it makes me, and I'm sure others, hope Johnson County thrives, even if it is at the expense of KCMO.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM

290 posts, read 346,655 times
Quote:

They won't or if they do they will oppose everything they stand for (i.e. a suburban office park). I have had too much familiarity with BNIM finishing up my architecture education at KU. No doubt they are dissatisfied with the anti-TIF petition. It's an unfortunate situation for the firm and city. Lastly, this isn't a critique on Kansas office parks, but the identity of BNIM is too tied to KCMO and the urban core.

A year ago, BNIM happy in their move to the Crossroads:

[vimeo]105704594[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/105704594

Old 02-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA650 View Post
They won't or if they do they will oppose everything they stand for (i.e. a suburban office park). I have had too much familiarity with BNIM finishing up my architecture education at KU. No doubt they are dissatisfied with the anti-TIF petition. It's an unfortunate situation for the firm and city.

A year ago, BNIM happy in their move to the Crossroads:

[vimeo]105704594[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/105704594
Well, obviously things have changed in the last year. They are not happy now.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:39 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
It's relevant. KCMO businesses moving from KCMO across the state line...which is sort of the opposite from what kcmo is trying to "prove" by his post. I for one am tired of his incessant posts trying to discredit Kansas/Johnson County and it makes me, and I'm sure others, hope Johnson County thrives, even if it is at the expense of KCMO.
I was tired of those incessant posts in November '07. And yeah, there's lots of others - who, for the most part, have given up and don't post here any more.

Nine years is a long time to wait for light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:53 PM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
Quote:
It doesn't get any worse than what you just said. Time and time again you are the one saying things like this. Don't know how anyone could participate in a KCMO forum with such an open hatred and a careless outlook for this city.

A little oblivious are we? That JoCo has already selfishly thrived! And at the very hurtful expense of KCMO! The very JoCo in which you love would be nothing right now if it weren't for KCMO.

Why do you even let kcmo bother you so much? You always accuse him and others of complaining and being upset all of the time, when they aren't. YOU ARE THE ONE, obsessively upset and complaining all of the time! Just go and enjoy your utopia of JoCo luzianne, and stop worrying and complaining so much about how others are trying to shed light upon the real problems that hurt this area/region as a whole. Because it's a real shame that too many people in this city are opting to stay quiet and/or just not informed or just have a careless attitude as to why and how Kansas continues to further harm the metro, esp the Missouri side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies