Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do your homework. It was a video promoting/legitimizing affirmative action. So slavery genocide etcc is entirely the fault of all white males? Thanks but no thanks. Move on.
In this country, yes, it was entirely the fault of white males?

As a result, white males in particular received socio-economic advantages in this country for hundreds of years.

Do your own homework and learn your country's history.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:29 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Butthurtedness * 1000.............just more excuses! And sadly, the weak-minded will buy into this nonsensical brainwashing.

Time to divvy up the country........Blacks should NOT have to live in the same country
as evullllll, despicable, racist Whitey!!!!!

Old 02-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

As a result, white males in particular received socio-economic advantages in this country for hundreds of years.

purposefully misunderstanding, ok
Quote:
entirely the fault of all white males? Thanks but no thanks
the lighter skinned kid in the class is like, uh oh, why's everyone looking at me like that?

Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:

Excuse me, but from whom did we receive socio-economic advantages? America was and still is a White majority nation. This back and forth prattle gets us nowhere because your side wants to resurrect past history into some sort of guilt trip.
Not interested. NEXT!

Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do your homework. It was a video promoting/legitimizing affirmative action. So slavery genocide etcc is entirely the fault of all white males? Thanks but no thanks. Move on.
So the video wasn't politically correct enough for you and you think it shouldn't be shown to delicate high school students. What a world this has become thanks to the PC police.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:31 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Acknowledging the fact that white privilege exists is not white bashing. It's simply being honest about reality in the US.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Acknowledging the fact that white privilege exists is not white bashing. It's simply being honest about reality in the US.

This may be so in some opinions. We are all entitled to our own are we not. I sure as hell know a bunch of white people who did not get this "MEMO" about white privilege.

Because they sure as hell did not grow up with it. And yes some of them could have used it.

In 2016 it is just sad, that things cannot be better, I can understand both sides of the coin, but a whole bunch of white people I know, never got that white privilege in any way growing up.

And most white people I know do not have any white guilt at all for past sins they have not committed.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:45 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
So you want to cut out the parts of American history that make you uncomfortable or feel "guilty?"

IMO that is a personal issue.

Like what was stated above, history is what it is. You learn from it and move on. There is not reason to take historical facts to your chest and then feel guilty about them. This was shown at school. A discussion probably was held regarding the clip.

What did you learn?

Would be one of the questions. Instead of feeling guilty and defensive, try to learn something. History happened. Not talking about difficult subjects of our shared history does nothing to negate what actually occurred and how those occurrences shape the present. It is important to understand that there is a cause and effect to everything.

Other cultures and countries are irrelevant and it is always interesting that instead of dealing with American history, many want to point fingers at earlier cultures further back in history in order to silence our own country's past.

It makes me giggle sometimes because it is so ridiculous.
Well said.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This may be so in some opinions. We are all entitled to our own are we not. I sure as hell know a bunch of white people who did not get this "MEMO" about white privilege.

Because they sure as hell did not grow up with it. And yes some of them could have used it.

In 2016 it is just sad, that things cannot be better, I can understand both sides of the coin, but a whole bunch of white people I know, never got that white privilege in any way growing up.

And most white people I know do not have any white guilt at all for past sins they have not committed.
I don't know if you always forget, or haven't bothered paying attention to anything anyone has said regarding white privilege, but white privilege is racial privilege, not economic privilege.

A white man that has the same education and income and graduated from the same schools a white woman did has higher social status than the female.

In turn, a white female has higher social status than a non-white male who graduated from the same schools, and earns the same money the white male and female do.

I'm not gonna criticize white privilege. It is a natural occurrence in every country and it purely comes from the fact that European Caucasians make up the majority population, as well as controls the majority of the wealth. Nothing wrong with that. The only problem I have with it is whites who are purposely ignorant of the concept and actively use their social status (gained due to racial background) to undermine others. That's when a line is crossed, and that's how racism begins.

I don't rub people the wrong way in real life because I know how the game is played. I'm biracial, but I "act white" because, let's face it, if I apply for almost any job, my boss is gonna be white almost 99% of the time. Fine, I'm cool with it. What I can't stand is I make a effort to integrate into white culture, and there are some out there who are bitter about it and have made it known to me. That's what pisses me off. So, at the same time, we can dispense with the myth that minorities hate white people at the same time because, for some reason in these discussions, I get accused of being a racist towards whites (I'm gonna be racist towards my own grandmother, ok..whatever) for whatever reason

Old 02-10-2016, 04:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
but if you get a black man that gradulate from the same school as the white man, go to same college, get same degree, makes same grades as the white man, then now you have black priviage because he going get hired first due to affirmante action, as aka government jobs, highway dept etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies