Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want universal health care?
Yes 174 46.90%
No 197 53.10%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:51 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Yes, you are creating class warfare as you defend the average Joe from me, the evil Space Crab/Reptilian Alien CEO bent on taking over the world one claim at a time a I deny a chiro visit billed at $35 to line my pocket!
My best friend, a psychiatrist used to tell me most people would not need counseling if they had a parent, a spouse, a sibling, or a friend to talk. A large portion of his work was to simply listen. The over use of medicine is truly over the TOP.

BTW, 35 bucks to a chiro is much less than 200.00 per visit to a physical therapist that is handling four patients at a time. Meanwhile the primary care doc is lucky to get 70.00 for a visit.

And the hospital most luxurious wing is the one that houses the admins and CEOs who pretend to work by creating meetings and writing emails to each other.

Good post!

Old 02-19-2016, 12:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How does your claim relate to the above post? Which rules and regulations are impairing the private health insurers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
How do you think you ended up with employer-based/employer-sponsored health plan coverage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sorry, but what does that have to do with my statement, or are we off and running on a new topic now?
It used to work like this:
  1. You pay catastrophic health/life insurance premiums for 120 months (10 years) and no more.
  2. Your premiums are fixed and unchanging over the 120 months.
  3. At your death, the unused balance of coverage is disbursed to your named beneficiaries like your spouse or children or grand-children or favorite charity.
This change in the IRS Tax Code ended that:

"Premiums paid by an employer on policies of group life insurance without cash surrender value covering the lives of his employees, or on policies of group health or accident insurance...do not constitute salary if such premiums are deductible by the employer under Section 23(a) of the IRS Code."

Source: Public Law 83-591, August 16, 1954; Internal Revenue Code of 1954, Section 106. For more information see the 1986 Internal Revenue Code.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:59 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
My best friend, a psychiatrist used to tell me most people would not need counseling if they had a parent, a spouse, a sibling, or a friend to talk. A large portion of his work was to simply listen. The over use of medicine is truly over the TOP.

BTW, 35 bucks to a chiro is much less than 200.00 per visit to a physical therapist that is handling four patients at a time. Meanwhile the primary care doc is lucky to get 70.00 for a visit.

And the hospital most luxurious wing is the one that houses the admins and CEOs who pretend to work by creating meetings and writing emails to each other.

Good post!
Actually, your psychiatrist friend are on the same page.

And, even though we disagree, what is the one word I have used REPETITIVELY.... so we, you and I agree 1000000000%%%% on the use of medicine. But my thoughts and others needs aren't the same... which is why I've also made the 'look' in the medicine cabinet reference on multiple occasions.

How you like dem apples Jules... you agree with a Reptilian/Space Crab CEO Claim Denier who has 42 Congresspeople in his pocket!

Old 02-19-2016, 01:43 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
Just create a labor shortage in the USA. Deport the 10 million plus illegals and reduce legal immigration by 25 percent. The business community will trip over themselves to provide higher wages and medical insurance.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:47 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Just create a labor shortage in the USA. Deport the 10 million plus illegals and reduce legal immigration by 25 percent. The business community will trip over themselves to provide higher wages and medical insurance.

That's racist talk to a liberal. Forced sensitivity training for you!

Old 02-19-2016, 03:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

Good post!

I'm just curious if you are aware of the region of the country with the highest average salaries?

Hint: it's not Silicon Valley or Wall Street.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
On one condition: everyone pays proportional to their income and nothing is refunded via tax credits

No illegals. Anyone enrolled is E-verified.

I guess that's two.

I had to vote NO because the question was way too vague.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
I'm just curious if you are aware of the region of the country with the highest average salaries?

Hint: it's not Silicon Valley or Wall Street.
What is Washington DC?

DING DING

What is Washington DC, or Rolling Hills CA would be acceptable.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:23 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It used to work like this:
  1. You pay catastrophic health/life insurance premiums for 120 months (10 years) and no more.
  2. Your premiums are fixed and unchanging over the 120 months.
  3. At your death, the unused balance of coverage is disbursed to your named beneficiaries like your spouse or children or grand-children or favorite charity.
This change in the IRS Tax Code ended that:

"Premiums paid by an employer on policies of group life insurance without cash surrender value covering the lives of his employees, or on policies of group health or accident insurance...do not constitute salary if such premiums are deductible by the employer under Section 23(a) of the IRS Code."

Source: Public Law 83-591, August 16, 1954; Internal Revenue Code of 1954, Section 106. For more information see the 1986 Internal Revenue Code.
When did it work like that? I've never heard of anything like that in my life and I've been alive for a long time

Old 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
That's racist talk to a liberal. Forced sensitivity training for you!
I'm liberal but I don't consider it racist, just foolish.. no one is going to deport 10 million people that's just silly Trump talk. But I've been screaming for going on 40 years about how hiring illegals is keeping wages low, but no administration regardless of party has done a damn thing to punish employers who hire them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies