Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 05:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
And Democrats were right. CRA was no problem. The problem was non-conforming subprime, which Bush repeatedly refused to regulate in 04-06.

We've discussed this repeatedly, but y'all never learn, you just keep repeating the same crap. What's the phrase conservatives like to use? "Useful idiots" ? That's a good description of the "blame CRA" crowd. You are useful idiots , working for the banks, and probably don't even know it.
And how did Congress vote on that bill that would have stripped HUD of its regulatory authority over Fannie and Freddie ?

The US is not run by a dictatorship you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 05:19 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
lol CRA. Right.

Glad you took the time to post it.

Unfortunately, the facts have been posted so many times over the years, but I've yet to see a single right winger on here acknowledge objective reality. I don't think it's going to happen.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And how did Congress vote on that bill that would have stripped HUD of its regulatory authority over Fannie and Freddie ?

The US is not run by a dictatorship you know.
But according to a lot of conservatives it is a dictatorship because of President Obama. So now it's not???

Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He is just riding the republican governors laws......
Oh ok so that's how you're twisting it now.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Glad you took the time to post it.

Unfortunately, the facts have been posted so many times over the years, but I've yet to see a single right winger on here acknowledge objective reality. I don't think it's going to happen.
Notice how they disappear when someone posts a chart that depicts relevant data.

But they'll be back in a future thread, posting the same lies.

Last edited by le roi; 02-16-2016 at 05:21 AM..

Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Louisiana should pattern themselves after the great (bankrupt) Democrat run state of Illinois.

Never mind, they have. Generations of corrupt politicians who deserve (and are) to be in Prison.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Louisiana should pattern themselves after the great (bankrupt) Democrat run state of Illinois.

Never mind, they have. Generations of corrupt politicians who deserve (and are) to be in Prison.
Specifics (for example posting exactly how Louisiana is like Illinois), rather than vague, sarcastic generalizations would be a more effective. For example, exactly how did Jindahl govern like a liberal?

Old 02-16-2016, 12:41 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Just look at MN!

Minnesota is 2015's Top State for Business

America's Top States for Business

Gov. Dayton reversed the damage that conservative Pawlenty did. Gov. Dayton did it by increasing the tax on the wealthy and improving our infrastructure and education.
You need to find a BETTER source. CNBC, really?

"We rate states based on the education level of their workforce, the numbers of available employees and the states' demonstrated abilities to retain college-educated workers. We measure workforce productivity based on each state's economic output per job. We look at the relative success of each state's worker training programs in placing their participants in jobs."

It LOOKS like very one sided biased "survey" to me.It LOOKS as if they have a very strong bias toward college education.

Plumbers, electioneers, carpenters DON'T qualify under their weighing.

Trade schools don't qualify.

Trade apprenticeships don't qualify.

On the job training doesn't qualify, etc.

Why did they ONLY look at "
state's worker training programs " and NONE of the others.

Like I said, CNBC.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:32 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
What!, What!, What!? A post from this op, NOT about Scot "Hitler" Walker?

I'm...absolutely...confused?

What?......I need to lie down.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
I think there can be successful state economies under Republican leadership, but the recent track record (as in last 5-6 years) of Republican governors isn't too good over all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies