Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
yeah I was hoping to hear real responses.
I get why you asked the question, and yes, I think you are sensing the extremism that seems to have taken over the entire country like an epidemic, with people divided over just about everything, from race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and economic class.

Mass psychosis ... people being offended by the most ridiculous things, behaving like spoiled 5 year olds.

Of course, the world is going batcrap crazy too. Endless wars, extremist terrorism ... Worldwide financial chaos ... NATO provoking Russia by its Turkish proxy ...

I was born in the 50's, and I've never seen things this bad. Never seen the country in the hands of such anti-American traitors who don't even bother to pretend to be patriots ...

The leftist/Marxist/Fascists are wrecking the country, as the sheep cheer them on.

Sad, and sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 11:23 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I get why you asked the question, and yes, I think you are sensing the extremism that seems to have taken over the entire country like an epidemic, with people divided over just about everything, from race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and economic class.

Mass psychosis ... people being offended by the most ridiculous things, behaving like spoiled 5 year olds.

Of course, the world is going batcrap crazy too. Endless wars, extremist terrorism ... Worldwide financial chaos ... NATO provoking Russia by its Turkish proxy ...

I was born in the 50's, and I've never seen things this bad. Never seen the country in the hands of such anti-American traitors who don't even bother to pretend to be patriots ...

The leftist/Marxist/Fascists are wrecking the country, as the sheep cheer them on.

Sad, and sickening.
We have come a long way since the 50's....thank god. But who are the anti americans traitors you are talking about

Old 02-16-2016, 11:38 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have come a long way since the 50's....thank god. But who are the anti americans traitors you are talking about
FDR was a free traitor.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

I was born in the 50's,

I can understand your lack of perspective if you were born in 1959 and were a mere child who wasn't allowed to watch TV until the 70's, because the 60's but this current era to shame when it came to divisions amongst the populace.

PS-Back in the 60's we still had real Marxist.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:02 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,783,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don't remember things were this divided before, even under Bill Clinton.

exactly. this is why I asked because its one thing to 'read' about it in history books it's another thing to live in a country where it feels very divided. I think it's an important question for people who live in America.

I think a huge responsibility of our next president will be uniting this country once again

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 02-17-2016 at 12:54 AM..

Old 02-17-2016, 01:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I'm not sure if it's just because so many Americans (raising hand) disagree with President Obama's current policies that it seems this way but it really feels we are a very divided nation. Was it always this way?

I remember after 9/11 President Bush really united our country everyone kind of came together and it didn't feel divided. I also remember seeing AMERICAN FLAGS flying everywhere there was so much patriotism and love for this country, what happened?

For those that are older what was it like during the 1920's 30's 40's 50's etc? I really hope our next president has a positive affect on our people to unite us once again.
Yeah...we were REALLY united in the 20's. Especially in the South.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STWR View Post

I don't remember people being divided under Clinton at all-- he wasn't exactly left-wing.
LMAO....you must've been comatose during the Clinton Administration.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:38 AM

572 posts, read 279,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....you must've been comatose during the Clinton Administration.
Clinton had a 65% approval rating when he left office, the highest since Eisenhower... higher than Reagan. He also left with a budget surplus and the worst his enemies could do was some ridiculous sex scandal that had nothing to do with his performance as a leader... mostly because he was very much the 'socially left/fiscally right' kind of politician that pretty much everyone liked at the time. Maybe YOU personally felt 'divided' but nobody else seemed to... they loved the guy.

Bush on the other hand left with 28%. I don't know how anyone could possibly think that Bush was popular or that he brought people together. He had his gimme moment with 9/11, but he couldn't even spin that after Iraq and the crash. He opposed stem cell research for weird religious reasons, plunged everyone into an unpopular war that racked up massive debt, and his entire second-term election actively sought to divide people using fear of terrorism, patriotism, and other mindless propaganda techniques. He barely won his first-- how is that 'bringing people together'?

Bringing together a divided country was one of Obama's big promises during his first election campaign-- given his popularity in '08, that must have resonated at least a little. Of course, that's not what happened... but yeah, there are some really skewed perceptions of reality on this forum.

The only thing that is going to 'unite America' is a wide-scale terrorist attack or other disaster, followed by a halfway competent response. If ISIS nuked L.A., Trump would potentially enjoy a massive surge in popularity even with die-hard liberals, mostly because nobody likes feeling helpless and they look to their leaders in times of duress. Immediately after 9/11 nobody was talking about how the US brought it on themselves-- that came later.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:48 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Demographically the country should become less divided. The voting base of the GOP is shrinking (such as the stalwart older, non-college educated whites) while minorities and better educated are gaining ground for the Democrats. This election cycle is not quite the turning point, but next decade it will undeniably become a different landscape.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
............................. both of which resulted in, or fomented, war which killed hundreds of thousand of US BOYS (which all had parents who actually loved them) for a political agenda.

Liberals, given that they are fascist in nature, are quite willing to sacrifice INDIVIDUAL rights, lives, and freedoms in pursuit of an idealistic (never achieved on earth) utopian society which has only been achieved in textbooks (which have spurned the desires of the greatest mass muderers in world history) or in college classrooms.

WAKE UP......................... Liberalism is fascism and is willing to sacrifice the goals and aspirations of the individual in hopes of a utopian society which has never existed in the history of man, compared to the US society, which has created the most free, industrious, group of men ever seen in human history.

Liberalism offers the false promise of "equality" (which has never occurred in human history) with the concession of liberty (which was originated in the US); this requires sacrifice of individual and economic liberty.

WAKE UP

Liberalism = Fascism

Listen to these liberal idiots and become the same slaves that have described human history PIOR TO THE UNTIED STATES!!!!

What is the deaths of several million sons to a liberal to achieve politcal gain? Nothing- ask Stalin. I NEVER want my sons to die for the empty promise of "equality" guaranteed by Marx and Stalin. I will stick with Jefferson and Lincoln.
Gee; Liberalism seems to be working fine in some other first world developed nations. It's yours that's all fugged up. Always comes down to corrupted leadership doesn't it? Yours are bought and paid for before they even assume office and you folks can't seem to clue into the super-pacs and wealthy supporters buying your elections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies