Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 09:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
jacqueg
Very big of you. But, fortunately for the rest of us, you are not the person whose permission anyone has to seek.
I'm sorry, we're discussing, not seeking permission for our beliefs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 09:27 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm not talking about religion...Muslims are a race...just like whites, jews, etc...
I could never have imagined such ignorance.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Of course they should.

You want to give them a special pass just because their minorities?

Notice how people complain that deporting illegals who broke our law "breaks up families" but no one complains when U.S. citizens are sent to prison, breaking up THEIR families.

This is a good example of applying a double-standard when it comes to non-whites, immigrants and Muslims.

Why is it asking "too much" of them to be self-critical and adjust to our laws and traditions?

Some Jews might not assimilate, but they also don't commit terrorist acts in this country. They just stick to themselves -- they don't even go to public school, so they are not demanding special holidays or other special treatment.
Why is it that the majority in this country gets a "special pass" every time someone in their group is in the national headlines for the wrong reason (see: Uber driver shootings), but minorities should speak out against it in their groups?

You just gave yourself away, as if it wasn't transparent enough. This isn't about total assimilation for you, or you would expect every race/culture/religion, like Jews and Asians, to completely assimilate and abandon their culture, heritage and traditions. This is about fear and control. You're okay with certain minority groups and their culture, as long as they aren't out in the open with it and keep their mouths shut. Oh yeah, that sounds like freedom to me.

And adhere to what laws? Only speaking "American" or English in this country? No hijabs? Not being able to practice certain religions, contrary to what the Constitution states? I see, you have no problem breaking laws/amendments and infringing on certain people's freedoms, while demanding those same groups "adjust to 'our' laws.

It's interesting how you don't see the disturbing parallels between the way you think and some of the very nations you fear.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:38 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I could never have imagined such ignorance.
Our education system is a complete dumpster fire.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
It is ironic that Americans do not know this is going on...actually disgusting that our media is keeping this from us....

First off, this article is from 2015. your delayed outrage is noted.

Second, this isnt about taking away a Holiday from Christians, this is about Muslims wanting their children to be home from school on thier holidays as well. It also mentions Jewish people wanting the same thing, but you didnt mention that.

Also, the having as many kids as you can thing, is a staple in the Bible and pretty much all religions.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:45 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
First off, this article is from 2015. your delayed outrage is noted.

Second, this isnt about taking away a Holiday from Christians, this is about Muslims wanting their children to be home from school on thier holidays as well. It also mentions Jewish people wanting the same thing, but you didnt mention that.

Also, the having as many kids as you can thing, is a staple in the Bible and pretty much all religions.
First off, I know when the article was from

glad you noted my outrage

Second, no one said it was about taking any Holiday's away....

if they want their kids to stay home from school on their holidays, then keep them home

and also, they are breeding specifically for one purpose and one purpose only and it wasn't taken from any religion...it is known that they are a very patient people and will accomplish their goals even if it takes 1000 years, however, I don't believe it will take that long...apparently many Americans have no idea what is going on in other countries....and that's ok...you will find out soon enough

Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In this case, (op) nobody has discriminated against them, better?

We are discussing this particular case, not American or world history.
Again, how would we know this based on the information in the OP?

Can you say with 100% certainty that none of the people who voted against this are free of any anti-Muslim bias?

Given human nature, I would find that 100% hard to believe.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Again, how would we know this based on the information in the OP?

Can you say with 100% certainty that none of the people who voted against this are free of any anti-Muslim bias?

Given human nature, I would find that 100% hard to believe.
ok fair enough

But the decision not to close schools on Muslim holiday is because it would cause undue hardship to the non Muslim parents.

The decision has nothing to do with discrimination like these Muslims in op suggested. It is not like the school refused to close the school because "we are a Christian country" lol

Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
First off, I know when the article was from

glad you noted my outrage

Second, no one said it was about taking any Holiday's away....

if they want their kids to stay home from school on their holidays, then keep them home

and also, they are breeding specifically for one purpose and one purpose only and it wasn't taken from any religion...it is known that they are a very patient people and will accomplish their goals even if it takes 1000 years, however, I don't believe it will take that long...apparently many Americans have no idea what is going on in other countries....and that's ok...you will find out soon enough

I doubt you knew about the date and I know you didnt mention the holiday itself, but that is your point of the article as breeding has nothing to do with the article itself.

Otherwise, you are simply connecting 2 disconnected subjects making an argument using a 6 month old article

Old 02-25-2016, 10:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:

and also, they are breeding specifically for one purpose and one purpose only...
Animals breed.

You consider some people animals?

Earlier you called Muslims a 'race'. Did you mean human race? What breed are you, I wonder? If you have children, why did you breed?

Educate yourself:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZPPYz5Q6dzzEGw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...v3182plqyuDp-Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies