Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 10:39 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your analogy is long winded and misses the point. You are against abortion so what have you done to advocate for these babies and kids waiting to be adopted. You seem to want to put more babies into the system. And you are against welfare....catch 22.

Lots of nice couples hoping to adopt are presently on waiting lists.

My nephew was adopted by a professional Christian couple.

He`s now 20, has a girl friend, plays hockey and attends college.

But women don`t get abortions because they don`t want to raise a child.

Women never have to raise a child they deliver.

The real reason women get abortions is because they don`t want to be pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 10:44 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Lots of nice couples hoping to adopt are presently on waiting lists.

My nephew was adopted by a professional Christian couple.

He`s now 20, has a girl friend, plays hockey and attends college.

But women don`t get abortions because they don`t want to raise a child.

Women never have to raise a child they deliver.

The real reason women get abortions is because they don`t want to be pregnant.
How do you know? And of course women get abortions because they don't want a child. Why else would they

Old 02-23-2016, 10:52 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your analogy is long winded and misses the point. You are against abortion so what have you done to advocate for these babies and kids waiting to be adopted. You seem to want to put more babies into the system. And you are against welfare....catch 22.
Sorry you missed my point. I think that adults should be responsible and actually be productive members of society. I guess thats too much to ask. I have adopted 2 kids, but I guess that not enough for you? I donate A LOT of $$$ to charities as well. And... I pay my taxes.

Regarding the adoption process: I think you have some wrong information. There are many parents ready to adopt babies. If a pregnant woman goes to an adoption agency she can easily adopt her baby. In act, the (birth) mother will even get money for medical, housing, etc. There are different options, but the birth mother has "choices". The so-called pro choice groups DO NOT advocate for adoption at all. So, why don't you call them out on that? Is not adoption a choice? But yet, it is never mentioned by the pro abortion groups?

I am not against welfare for THOSE WHO NEED IT. If you read my post, you will see that I want more people to get back to work. If we have more people working then we will have fewer people in need of assistance. See how that works?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:02 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Sorry you missed my point. I think that adults should be responsible and actually be productive members of society. I guess thats too much to ask. I have adopted 2 kids, but I guess that not enough for you? I donate A LOT of $$$ to charities as well. And... I pay my taxes.

Regarding the adoption process: I think you have some wrong information. There are many parents ready to adopt babies. If a pregnant woman goes to an adoption agency she can easily adopt her baby. In act, the (birth) mother will even get money for medical, housing, etc. There are different options, but the birth mother has "choices". The so-called pro choice groups DO NOT advocate for adoption at all. So, why don't you call them out on that? Is not adoption a choice? But yet, it is never mentioned by the pro abortion groups?

I am not against welfare for THOSE WHO NEED IT. If you read my post, you will see that I want more people to get back to work. If we have more people working then we will have fewer people in need of assistance. See how that works?
Oh really, please tell me when that has happened. The problem is most people want babies but what the older kids. Do you realize that some kids go home to home in foster care and then let out into the world when they are 18. What the heck. They have no one. But did you know planned parenthood actually counsels women before they have an abortion.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:18 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:

PP and adoption:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...-what/adoption

Pro-choice covers all options, including adoption. That is why it is pro-choice.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

PP is seeing patients that private doctors do not want to see, including Medicaid patients and indigent uninsured with no money. PP is not competing with private practice.

PP isn't owned by the government. PP isn't competing with private practice... Isn't that what I said. The government makes it so no one can possibly compete with PP.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 AM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

You have a lot more faith in the our social services system and foster care than me, it works in some cases but is certainly not a solution. Children raised by single women are in most cases doomed to a life of poverty and many end up in the court system, uneducated with no future. We spend over $20B on foster care for around 1M children, if abortion stopped tomorrow that would be another million.

The same people complaining about PP are also critical of the cost for social services and welfare, seems counter productive to shut down PP but that has been their goal for the last 10 years.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:01 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If PP separated their abortion business from their other services there would be no reason not to let them get medicaid money only for the "other services".

The answer is pretty simple..make the abortion business a subsidiary and they get $0 Fed funds.
Not a bad idea. I have a problem with offensive military actions, especially drones. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I would like to see the military separate offensive units from defensive ones as a separate subsidiary. I would like to see 0 tax dollars used for offense. This will never happen. Why?

Old 02-24-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You have a lot more faith in the our social services system and foster care than me, it works in some cases but is certainly not a solution. Children raised by single women are in most cases doomed to a life of poverty and many end up in the court system, uneducated with no future. We spend over $20B on foster care for around 1M children, if abortion stopped tomorrow that would be another million.

The same people complaining about PP are also critical of the cost for social services and welfare, seems counter productive to shut down PP but that has been their goal for the last 10 years.
It depends on what your "goal" is. Is your goal to reduce the deficit? Is your name Rand Paul? because he's the only person who seems concerned about that. It's notable that libs love to talk about the financial burden only when it comes to unwanted kids. Otherwise, its free college, food stamps, free cell phones, open borders, etc. Let the rich white male Christian republicans pay for it.

Again, we need everyone to pitch in and work towards a better society. The issue (that I am discussing) here is adoption vs abortion. The only options that are discussed by politicians (and planned parenthood) is keeping the baby, or abortion.
To clarify: You (and the liberal position) is that a single pregnant woman is well served by aborting her baby. And then you will point to stats (like you posted above) that show all the bad things that happen to those kids. Nevermind that Barack Obama and Ben Carson had no father at home.
I'm suggesting that instead of abortion, they consider adoption.

The other point here is responsibility and consequences. bad behavior has consequences. Women don't get pregnant by chance. A choice was made to have unprotected sex, and (abracadabra) you're pregnant.

You and other libs are the ones who have also been arguing that the cost is a big problem. Yes, the overall fraud, waste, and abuse is ridiculous... So,we agree on this.
Of course, you have no problem giving millions of $$ to illegals. There are so many people that abuse the welfare system in this country. But it's the poor kids that are the ones who need to be cut off first?
99 weeks isn't enough time to find a job?
My point is that able bodied adults should not need free handouts. Starving kids do!
If those single Moms chose adoption instead of abortion then we would have fewer kids in need of support. Instead of that situation, we would have a PRODUCTIVE member of society.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
PP and adoption:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...-what/adoption

Pro-choice covers all options, including adoption. That is why it is pro-choice.
It's a nice gesture. but how come they never talk about it? The adoption agencies that I have been to are concerned about saving babies.
How many adoption agencies would tell the pregnant woman to abort her baby? Of course not, their business is adoptions. In the same way, planned parenthood specializes in abortions. They aren't going to mention adoption until after they discuss abortion. Their priorities are backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies