Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 08:07 AM

57,009 posts, read 25,978,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I don't recall me or you spending hundreds of millions of our tax dollars on any of those, can you prove me wrong? Of course, you may find some obscure...blah blah blah.....but continue....

Lefties continue to change to goal post....

Show me a study that is accepted by the ENTIRE scientific community and NOT the 97% of global warming scientist. You cannot.
Why would we spend million of dollars combating something that was not accepted in the scientific community. There is plenty of evidence of global warming, go on the NASA site and dispute their findings if you are a non believer or argue with the scientists from Exxon.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,072,505 times
Deniers gonna deny.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Blah blah blah.

We simply didn't have the tools like we do today to study the climate. Would you rather go with the evidence based on better techniques or not?
Just pointing out facts.....50 years ago, we were destined to freeze....hell you even have people in this very thread that said "everything back then is a lie."

And of course, but those computer models are just that....models....

Old 03-23-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why would we spend million of dollars combating something that was not accepted in the scientific community. There is plenty of evidence of global warming, go on the NASA site and dispute their findings if you are a non believer or argue with the scientists from Exxon.
Funny, you contradicted yourself in the same paragraph....even though you said "Exxon." So, please show me, these 97% of scientist, provide a link a reputable link that shows 97% of the "Scientific" community agrees. Not some global warming link, don't provide a link to a news organization....

Old 03-23-2016, 04:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,093,598 times
Quote:
Just pointing out facts.....50 years ago, we were destined to freeze....hell you even have people in this very thread that said "everything back then is a lie."

And of course, but those computer models are just that....models....
We were destined to freeze? LOL. You can lie all you want but you won't be able to corroborate we were destined. I'll await for your next deflection.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
We were destined to freeze? LOL. You can lie all you want but you won't be able to corroborate we were destined. I'll await for your next deflection.
Of course not, just like you cannot corroborate that our temperature is going to continue to rise....you can guess....but that's it.....

Old 03-23-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Of course not, just like you cannot corroborate that our temperature is going to continue to rise....you can guess....but that's it.....
We can make an educated guess based on the information we have. Instead of doing what you are doing and dismissing science because of teh liberalz and agenda 21 and other stupid far right paranoia.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
We can make an educated guess based on the information we have.

The science 50 years ago did just what you say.....what makes you think you will be right this time?

How many "ice ages" have we had?

Quote:
Instead of doing what you are doing and dismissing science because of teh liberalz and agenda 21 and other stupid far right paranoia.
WOW....such a sad response, but what else can we expect, when you disagree with a "liberalz" you are just stupid and just don't understand the science, this year anyway....

Old 03-23-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
The science 50 years ago did just what you say.....what makes you think you will be right this time?
We didn't have satellites in space that measure and quantify the factors of climate change. We didn't have the computer power to run the type of models we are able to run today... from climate... to astrophysicists.... to microbiological... to social... to financial....

You seem very ignorant about the technological progress of measurements and modeling over the last 50 years.

Quote:
How many "ice ages" have we had?
Countless. The Earth was a ball of molten lava for hundreds of millions of years. What's your point?

Quote:
WOW....such a sad response, but what else can we expect, when you disagree with a "liberalz" you are just stupid and just don't understand the science, this year anyway....
Well you don't understand the science and your objections to AGW are merely political. Try being honest.

Let me guess.... you use the classic denier logic of "the climate changed in the past so it's impossible man has a role".

What do you think result of releasing gigatons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere annually that have been stored underground for tens to hundreds of millions of years is?

Old 03-23-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
We didn't have satellites in space that measure and quantify the factors of climate change. We didn't have the computer power to run the type of models we are able to run today... from climate... to astrophysicists.... to microbiological... to social... to financial....
LOL....you are right, but do we base everything off of the last 50 years?

Quote:
You seem very ignorant about the technological progress of measurements and modeling over the last 50 years.
Again with the "you're stupid comments, that gets so old when talking with the left, you have no clue about me.....

Quote:
Countless. The Earth was a ball of molten lava for hundreds of millions of years. What's your point?
Freaking awesome dude......do you think we will have another one?

Quote:
Well you don't understand the science and your objections to AGW are merely political. Try being honest.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, we are stupid because we disagree with you...congrats on proving my point...

Quote:
Let me guess.... you use the classic denier logic of "the climate changed in the past so it's impossible man has a role".
Of course not....and if you will read my post in other "global warming" threads, you will realize and see that I agree with global warming, what I don't agree with is that if we don't do something right now at this very point in time, we are all going to die.

Quote:
What do you think result of releasing gigatons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere annually that have been stored underground for tens to hundreds of millions of years is?

HAhaahaaa, I wish I would have read this last statement before I wrote everything else....but I'm I'm going to leave my responses.....

How long has man been around? And if what you say is true in your BOLD statement, what does man have to do with anything current? If it has been building up for "tens to hundreds of millions of years" how is man responsible? LOL......

You really cannot make this stuff up.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies