Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:57 PM

32 posts, read 26,709 times

Advertisements

Many people are by now wanting to move the troops out of Iraq. I was wondering how many people here are strong supporters of the Iraq War?

I think it is time to draw troops out, but people who believe the war should continue please tell, and leave a few good reasons as to why the troops should stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,225,576 times
Not me.
Then again, I am against all war at all times. There is no reason, in my mind, to wage war.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,365,285 times
Does George Bush read this forum?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,571,648 times
There are no reasons for us to be there. Who do we think we are always trying to jam our ways and wishes down everyone elses throats? How would we feel if some 8th world country invaded us and tried to jam their customs down ours? We would fight back.... maybe? Just like they are doing.

Even if we had some sort of right or reason to illegally invade another country, the fact that those very people we are trying to help continue to shoot at us and throw bombs at us is reason enough for me to say ********* Im outta here.

Who do we think we are trying to be the worlds policemen? No wonder everyone hates us. Why cant we mind our own business and maybe there will be less conflict in the world.

Even in Vietnam. The south who we were supposed to be helping were all hiding while we were getting ourselves killed. I dont know about you but if I am helping some one, help means to help....not hide or fight against me.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,181,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not me.
Then again, I am against all war at all times. There is no reason, in my mind, to wage war.
None? At all? Ever?

What if - what if say the United States was attacked? You are suggesting that we do not wage war to defend our nation?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 PM

335 posts, read 1,027,548 times
I have been against the war since day one and my stance grows more solid as the ugly facts have revealed themselves. IMHO I feel that we are in a pickle thanks to he who must not be named. Our troops were sent there under false pretenses and their is no justice being done about this!
I will share a small story with you all about a good friend of mine whom I have know since I was 14. "John" and I went through everything together, our families know each other, we graduated highschool together, we went our seperate ways during college but managed to stay in contact.
Well 3 years ago John joined the Army and was stationed in Iraq, we were all concerned but hoped for the best.
This past November I get a call from my mom stating that John is in big trouble. During a routine patrol John's convoy was hit by a dirty bomb, his good friend had his legs blown off in front of him, John was lucky enough to come out of it with a few cracked ribs. Needless to say his friend passed, well John could not burn these images from his mind and became anti-government, he refused to follow orders and was renouncing the war and our occupation. To make a long story short up until this point John was a model soldier and now? He was slapped with an article 15 and given dishonorable discharge and called unstable and disturbed? He is now severely depressed and unable to piece his life together and mind you he has a wife and 2 beautiful children, does this sound like vietnam?
We have had a staggering number of deaths in Iraq but the number is shadowed by the massive number of troops returning to the states with ptsd, as amputees, severe head trauma that has affected memory and gross motor skills. And what was the mission again? Exactly what have we accomplished over there? And do these accomplishments outweigh all the bad?
I think we should come home but is this wise? We have literally MESSED UP SO BAD THAT WE ARE STUCK.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,102,976 times
Who here is FOR the Iraq War (Extending)

Anyone who votes republican.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,912,819 times
How much longer are people going to whine about this. We are there. Right or wrong. Agree or disagree. We're there and won't be withdrawing all our troops anytime soon.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,181,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Who here is FOR the Iraq War (Extending)

Anyone who votes republican.
I also know some democrats who support the war

I also know republicans who do not support the war

Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,102,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I also know some democrats who support the war

I also know republicans who do not support the war

Doesn't matter. The question was who is for extending the war...think McCain would end it ??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies