Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:25 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,778,360 times

Advertisements

Student Council at my state university seen as just a joke and something those interested do to puff up their sketchy resumes post-graduation. Surprised they wield this much powa regarding a vendor concession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 09:39 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,090,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Then provide examples.
The obvious does not have to be proved. How about you give me examples that show otherwise? Again, I haven't moved big boy- I'm still here!

Old 02-25-2016, 09:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,487,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The obvious does not have to be proved. How about you give me examples that show otherwise? Again, I haven't moved big boy- I'm still here!
In other words, your posts are nothing but empty words that you obviously can't back up. As I figured. Buh bye.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:50 AM

8,874 posts, read 13,841,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurPan View Post
According to university student body president Evan Calhoun:

When we learned more about Chick-fil-A and its corporate values and discriminatory policies, and after hearing these concerns raised by a section of our student body, we concluded that these corporate values are not aligned with our values as a student body, and it is not in the best interest of our UNK community to pursue Chick-fil-A right now.”
Just wondering...

What are the specific corporate values and discriminatory policies in question?

Or do they mean they don't like the opinion of the owner?

At first glance, it sounds like people are making things up about the company to punish the owner's personal belief's.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Just wondering...

What are the specific corporate values and discriminatory policies in question?

Or do they mean they don't like the opinion of the owner?

At first glance, it sounds like people are making things up about the company to punish the owner's personal belief's.
It just sounds as if they are so concerned.. you know it is the new version of "Think of the children..."

Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 AM

1,329 posts, read 826,488 times
You can't spin this as a pro-democracy issues. How is it democracy to support depriving a minority of their rights (gays)? This is what Chick-fil-A has a record doing, so it is right that people oppose its presence.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
You can't spin this as a pro-democracy issues. How is it democracy to support depriving a minority of their rights (gays)? This is what Chick-fil-A has a record doing, so it is right that people oppose its presence.
Yes it is actually. Majority vote is what matters.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:29 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,195,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
if the majority of people are anti equal rights for other human beings, it wouldn't make it right.
people who use the bible to hurt others are using it wrong.
That isn't the issue here. Nobody in this is "anti-equal rights." This was about a lunch menu decision!

Old 02-25-2016, 10:56 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,090,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
In other words, your posts are nothing but empty words that you obviously can't back up. As I figured. Buh bye.
My posts are my opinions, just like yours are. You are free to disagree, but I just don't understand why folks get so defensive when a person disagrees with them, and then demands that I "proove" my opinion! Don't take this so seriously. After my initial response, the rest were done in jest. Sorry you were offended.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,195,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Their opinions should count as much as yours and mine- not more.
Kind of like, "one person, one vote." All votes count equally; but if you don't have the numbers, you lose. That's the way it works, and it's not the fault of the majority.

In this country, we don't take another vote because someone isn't happy with the outcome. That's what happened in this case. And the reason they were unhappy matters little. It shouldn't have even been considered. But, this is liberalism. This is a good lesson, because this is where the Left is taking America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies