Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,407,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
They will have control over their misery and they will be join only by Indians, Pakistanies and Nigerians, no European allowed in the pity party!
Oh, we've got plenty of them already........... We're not miserable....... we're loving it!!.......

You see, my country has had plenty of crises before. The one in '76 was a doozy........ Chancellor Denis Healey had to turn back at the airport, on his way to Hong Kong. The pound had collapsed, and he had to apply for an emergency loan to the IMF.

Boy, that was scary. I had my spare bedroom full of tinned food. That's the truth, not a joke.

We survived that, and we'll survive this. Money is not everything my friend. My country was going down the pan, and this vote came just in time........ hopefully.

Defining Moment: Denis Healey agrees to the demands of the IMF - FT.com

Old 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM

18,797 posts, read 8,422,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
And throughout all of this, Scotland and England are separate countries. UK and Great Britain are umbrella organizations, but Scotland and England are separate countries, like I originally said.
But they share the same currency and much Gov't, so they are closer to a US state in relationship than 2 more typical separate countries.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:57 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,491,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Nice deflection to avoid saying there is no plan.

Wouldn't you liked to have seen details of how it was going to be achieved? And when? Or do you just trust Nigel and Boris, they're honorable chaps, never catch that Nigel telling a huge porkie in the campaign
You mean like the plan for Obamacare that Obama and the Democrats published prior to the 2008 election?

Oh, wait...

Old 06-27-2016, 08:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,491,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Boy - you're bitter huh?........ Never mind. We're OUT...... get used to it. We will get plans when the new Prime Minister is picked, and we will go forward from that day. You don't like Nigel, which is a shame. He alone, by getting this vote, has saved our country.

It's a glorious dawn. Try and join in.........
Surely Nigel Farage has to be the Time "Man of the year" for 2016. If not him, then who?

Old 06-27-2016, 09:01 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,412,414 times
The EU reminds me a lot of the USA pre the constitution. It's just a loosely bound league of states with very different viewpoints, mainly focused on regulating trade. In it's current form it is not sustainable to handle a real crisis and the refugee crisis has revealed that. If Russia started invading Eastern Europe it would be equally inept. The EU will either reform itself into sustainability or it will go the way of the dodo bird.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:04 AM

1,504 posts, read 848,306 times
THIS will trigger nothing..Why do people want to project economic and social gloom and doom. Belief is strong...If you believe you will be okay - You will be...I remember back in the 80s in the subway system of Toronto...a digital sign showing the news stated that a recession is about to take place...Why would you pre-emptively emotionally depress a population and get them to believe that darkness is about to fall upon the land. Human beings are so prone and weak when it comes to suggestion...England will be fine....as for the speculative stock markets...those making money out of nothing should lose a bit of money...big deal...It is not as if they earned it.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:21 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,407,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Surely Nigel Farage has to be the Time "Man of the year" for 2016. If not him, then who?
The Queen should Knight him. Sir Nigel Farage.......... Mebbe not right now. Lets wait until the dust settles......

Old 06-27-2016, 09:25 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,377,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How long? We have already had 40 years.

"In the long run we are all dead." JM Keynes
And we've kicked the can down the road about as far as we can. There is a reasonable good chance that we will have a great depression kind of event. A reset is going to happen.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:28 AM

275 posts, read 185,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Oh, we've got plenty of them already........... We're not miserable....... we're loving it!!.......

You see, my country has had plenty of crises before. The one in '76 was a doozy........ Chancellor Denis Healey had to turn back at the airport, on his way to Hong Kong. The pound had collapsed, and he had to apply for an emergency loan to the IMF.

Boy, that was scary. I had my spare bedroom full of tinned food. That's the truth, not a joke.

We survived that, and we'll survive this. Money is not everything my friend. My country was going down the pan, and this vote came just in time........ hopefully.

Defining Moment: Denis Healey agrees to the demands of the IMF - FT.com
Money is not everything. Control and immigration control are the important things, however the majority of the immigrants from 3rd world countries enter the UK due to the commonwealth agreements, not due to the EU. You will continue having those, but will lose hundreds of thousands of paying taxes educated European immigrants. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The EU reminds me a lot of the USA pre the constitution. It's just a loosely bound league of states with very different viewpoints, mainly focused on regulating trade. In it's current form it is not sustainable to handle a real crisis and the refugee crisis has revealed that. If Russia started invading Eastern Europe it would be equally inept. The EU will either reform itself into sustainability or it will go the way of the dodo bird.
EU should reform its constitution and citizens vote representation, that's for sure. Not denying the EU is run by "professional" politicians with little grasp on the needs of regular folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
THIS will trigger nothing..Why do people want to project economic and social gloom and doom. Belief is strong...If you believe you will be okay - You will be...I remember back in the 80s in the subway system of Toronto...a digital sign showing the news stated that a recession is about to take place...Why would you pre-emptively emotionally depress a population and get them to believe that darkness is about to fall upon the land. Human beings are so prone and weak when it comes to suggestion...England will be fine....as for the speculative stock markets...those making money out of nothing should lose a bit of money...big deal...It is not as if they earned it.
I believe that the banks would not need to have presence in a EU financial center if they want to continue some operations in euros, I believe Euopean agencies and consortiums won't have to relocate, I believe airlines won't need to apply to new permits, I believe the EU won't demand open borders in exchange to open trade...NOT. Believing doesn't change reality.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,377,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
About as long as our national debt will cause hyperinflation.
There are several ways that our current situation can play out. Hyperinflation is one of them, Deflation with high unemployment is another, A stagnant growth middle ground until we hit a session is what we are getting.

But we are on an exponential growth in national debt curve and that needs to be reset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies