Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 03:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Business
Foreign banks warn of crash and big lay-offs in the City after Brexit vote

“Overseas banks currently using the UK as a base for accessing the EU market and employing an estimated 115,000 staff are likely to be looking closely at their operations in the UK in the context of the leave vote,” said Simon Hunt, UK head of banking and capital markets at PwC.

Brexit win sees City banks warn of crash and lay offs after EU referendum vote
Yes, the bankers were against all of this. In the end they are going to do nothing.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:37 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
Quote:
Business
Foreign banks warn of crash and big lay-offs in the City after Brexit vote

“Overseas banks currently using the UK as a base for accessing the EU market and employing an estimated 115,000 staff are likely to be looking closely at their operations in the UK in the context of the leave vote,” said Simon Hunt, UK head of banking and capital markets at PwC.

Brexit win sees City banks warn of crash and lay offs after EU referendum vote
So more assumptions. We heard such things days,weeks months before the vote.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:38 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
My political philosophy is actually "Voluntaryist". Which means I believe that government should be a voluntary association of men. I believe that our government, whether it pretends to be a democracy or not, is not a democracy(or a Republic for that matter). The people overwhelmingly despise our government, and when they vote, they vote for the lesser of two evils. They vote to protect themselves from the government, or from those who want to use their economic positions to exploit the people.

And the people themselves are being manipulated by a handful of elites, who turn the people against each other, distracting them with petty issues, mainly through their control of the "mass-media". They don't inform, they keep the people ignorant and alarmed, to further their own agendas.

With that said, the actual outcome of a voluntary society, would look a lot like tribalism. The people who would volunteer to enter a society together, are people who share common values and common interests, and thus, in the vast-majority of cases they would be related to each other. Basically, they would form a nation in the traditional definition of the word. Like the "Cherokee Nation", a nation bound together by blood and history.

So by extension, voluntaryism is tribalism, and tribalism is nationalism. Men by their nature are tribal, and thus, men by their nature are nationalists.

But a man only loves the nation that he loves. That he feels at home in. Because a nation is a family, it is a home. The world as it is, is made up of a bunch of fake nations in which no one feels at home. And in most cases, they need to die.

Majority of Americans Feel Like 'Stranger in Own Country'

I don't care how they die, or if some rich bankers lose their money. The world will go on, and a better world will be the result.
You sound like you want to be a caveman with no technology, arts, architecture, books, roads, vaccinations or much of anything else. If Trumpism is longing to be cavemen there is no point in wasting more time, this country should split sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishReaper View Post
SO more assumption. We heard such things days,weeks months before the vote.
The vote is done, this is no longer a threat, it already happened. This is not assumption, they are making plans to wind down London operations and move to another actual EU location. This is not assumptions anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, the bankers were against all of this. In the end they are going to do nothing.
So you think Britain will continue to represent EU banking when they are no longer in the EU? When the companies are openly saying now that the vote is done, we will need to move our operations? So when these people are being told their jobs are over, thousands and thousands of British people, are you going to send them money? Tell them it's not really happening? Good plan.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
So you're excited about the destruction of the world. I'm not surprised.
I'm excited for the world to make sense again. I'm excited for the "New World Order" to come crashing down, and for the bankers to be dragged out into the streets and hung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7i0wCFf8g

Old 06-24-2016, 03:41 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exchange 'smart' for 'old' and that would be the more likely voter pool. It was HUGELY divided among generational lines - with the young people wanting to remain.
While the young skewed towards Remain, the poll that people keep spreading across social media (a yougov poll) that showed 60 Remain- 20 Undecided- 20 Leave was also off by 8 points (52-48 the other way) so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
You sound like you want to be a caveman with no technology, arts, architecture, books, roads, vaccinations or much of anything else. If Trumpism is longing to be cavemen there is no point in wasting more time, this country should split sooner rather than later.

If you can only have technology by having a one-world government, then I would rather have no technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw

Liberals pretend as if greed is the root of all evil, and they pretend they are fighting against greed and money and materialism.

But in reality, they are just materialists of the most pathetic sorts. And I despise them.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:43 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
Quote:
The vote is done, this is no longer a threat, it already happened. This is not assumption, they are making plans to wind down London operations and move to another actual EU location. This is not assumptions anymore.
Nothing has happened. You should play the lottery with your fortune telling skills

Old 06-24-2016, 03:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
I actually gave you numbers! Dense dense dense...

Let's say of the 350,000 worldwide expats receiving SS, 100,000 of them are living in Mexico (apparently domestic retirees don't count hahahahaha). That's only 0.25% of all retirees! Completely and utterly insignificant.

I again ask you directly: why have the vast vast majority of rich Limousine Liberals not said they will move to Mexico if Trump wins, whereas they will move to Canada? In fact I haven't even seen one rich actor, singer, politician, artist, etc. say they'd move to Mexico...

Awww, your feelings get hurt? I guess it's okay to call people bigots like you have all throughout this thread. Typical liberal hypocrite.
I'm assuming it's the language barrier. Moving someplace that speaks English seems more appealing to most Americans than moving somewhere that doesn't speak English.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:45 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
I spoke to my friend in England last night. He said he voted go because it felt more and more that the country was "owned and run by the people in Brussels." He's not sure what will happen now, but he's happy that they'll get their country back--and that Cameron's out.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishReaper View Post
Nothing has happened. You should play the lottery with your fortune telling skills
The vote just happened last night. No, people are not losing their jobs today but watch what happens in the next two to six months. I don't need to predict the future, the companies are openly saying it out loud right now. These jobs will be moved to the actual EU and the small presence that remains in London will be to serve the much smaller local economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If you can only have technology by having a one-world government, then I would rather have no technology.

Liberals pretend as if greed is the root of all evil, and they pretend they are fighting against greed and money and materialism.

But in reality, they are just materialists of the most pathetic sorts. And I despise them.
I have no use for anti-intellectuals that long for a prehistoric time. Perhaps they just never went to school, perhaps they are bitter about their own prospects, perhaps they need others to blame but wasting my time on them is pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies