Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 10:32 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Plus, since no one ever checks to see if a voter is registered to vote in multiple states/districts/etc., someone can register to vote for their friend who is ineligible.
I'm not quite sure I understood that, you seem to be saying that a felon would register to vote for their friend, why wouldn't their friend vote for himself, why would he need a felon to vote for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 10:35 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Really a stupid argument...the value of one stolen vote isn`t worth all that effort and risk, but if no one is checking IDs, there is no cost and extremely little risk.

Plus, since no one ever checks to see if a voter is registered to vote in multiple states/districts/etc., someone can register to vote for their friend who is ineligible.

The ineligible voter walks in, casts a ballot under their friend's name and no one knows about it except the two of them.

This would work for felons in areas where they are not permitted to vote, illegal immigrants and others similarly situated.

Even if the serial registerer were discovered, they could simply claim to not know who voted in their place.
And if they had a fake ID with their friends name on it, then it would bring no big deal, or better yet, they can just do a mail in vote for their friend and save them time and the need for a fake ID.

You are really reaching with your arguments just to justify a few weeks good law. I get it, you want to feel good and pretend like your photo ID matters.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's actually more complicated than that. Just providing that info isn't enough. Financial institutions actually have to verify the info that was given.

Online Manual - BSA InfoBase - FFIEC
I don't think you even read that, if you had you might have noticed a few things:

1) Documentation is not required for an existing customer as long as the bank has a reasonable belief that it knows the customer’s true identity

2) the section titled: Verification Through Nondocumentary Methods. Which discusses the means by which a person can prove their identity without documentary evidence.

My great aunt lived in the same house in California for most of her life, she died last year at 101. She never drove, she took buses or cabs everywhere she went. She banked with the same bank for 70 years, because of the length of her relationship with that bank she never was asked to 'prove who she was'. She had a social security card but no photo ID. She got by just fine and since we are talking about California she was able to vote (and she always did)

Old 02-27-2016, 10:55 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think you even read that, if you had you might have noticed a few things:

1) Documentation is not required for an existing customer as long as the bank has a reasonable belief that it knows the customer’s true identity

2) the section titled: Verification Through Nondocumentary Methods. Which discusses the means by which a person can prove their identity without documentary evidence.

My great aunt lived in the same house in California for most of her life, she died last year at 101. She never drove, she took buses or cabs everywhere she went. She banked with the same bank for 70 years, because of the length of her relationship with that bank she never was asked to 'prove who she was'. She had a social security card but no photo ID. She got by just fine and since we are talking about California she was able to vote (and she always did)
well,since those laws were part of the patriot act, which came about in 2001...and your aunt was already a customer, it wouldn't apply as she wasn't opening a new account.

he did read it, and he also read the fed register paid 642 I sent him.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
well,since those laws were part of the patriot act, which came about in 2001...and your aunt was already a customer, it wouldn't apply as she wasn't opening a new account.
he did read it, and he also read the fed register paid 642 I sent him.
I know what they were part of, I was responding to the post quoted below. I don't see anything in it that states that existing customers are exempt,or that there is a mechanism in place for providing non documentary proof of evidence, so I clarified that for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
It's actually more complicated than that. Just providing that info isn't enough. Financial institutions actually have to verify the info that was given.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:52 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Completely untrue story well debunked over the years...

• Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes. What a McCain-Palin Web ad calls "voter fraud" is actually voter registration fraud. Several ACORN canvassers have been found guilty of faking registration forms and others are being investigated. But the evidence that has surfaced so far shows they faked forms to get paid for work they didn’t do, not to stuff ballot boxes.
ACORN Accusations
Voter registration is PART of voter FRAUD.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maryland is a democratic state so there must have been voter fraud on the republican side. lol
Sorry, ALL the cases reported were from DEM CONTROLLED districts.

Your bias is showing.

I'm TILL WAITING fro how old your grandparents are that you keep referring to.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not everyone drives. And if you know Pass Christian then you know everything is walking distance
That doesn't address the OTHER things I asked about.

What is the matter, afraid to answer?

This is typical of you, only respond to the things you THINK support your opinions and IGNORE those that don't.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:05 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Please tell me who you DONT want at the voting booth. Just let those people know that you want them to stay home. Problem solved.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Please tell me who you DONT want at the voting booth. Just let those people know that you want them to stay home. Problem solved.
Illegals. 30 million is a substantial number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies