Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:05 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I'm I suppose to be impressed? Sounds like quite a few jobs I know.
No, just responding to the assertion that I should break away from the mesmerizing spell of some Rasputin-like Democratic talking points provider. Speaking of which, how's that Saddam-9/11 theory coming along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The only part of your finances that I find interesting is how you can be paying the Alternative Minimum Tax without knowing what AMT was. That I do find really odd.

Perhaps because we don't deal with our taxes. Thats what our accountant is for. I probably couldn't tell you much about the legal matters either but thats why we have an attorney. Financial and investment advice? Yep, got someone to handle that as well.

Like you, these people get paid for figuring stuff out and then telling us what we need to do. Works quite well.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Like you, these people get paid for figuring stuff out and then telling us what we need to do. Works quite well.
Yeah, let's see. Drains money out of your pocket while keeping you from learning much about rather important areas of your lives. Good plan...

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM

337 posts, read 826,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah, let's see. Drains money out of your pocket while keeping you from learning much about rather important areas of your lives. Good plan...
Well, it has been putting money into the bank so, yeah it works. I am not a brain surgeon, but if I needed it, I would pay for a professional. No one (except maybe you) can be an expert at all things. That is why their are professionals that handle such things.
But, hey I guess you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Well, it has been putting money into the bank so, yeah it works. I am not a brain surgeon, but if I needed it, I would pay for a professional. No one (except maybe you) can be an expert at all things. That is why their are professionals that handle such things.
But, hey I guess you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night?
Sag, looks like you are getting tag-teamed by the Snake family. Could get ugly.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Sag, looks like you are getting tag-teamed by the Snake family. Could get ugly.
Especially if they claim that his pockets were drained by a professional at that Holiday Inn.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
After reading the last set of postings a reminder may be in order here, the topic is:

Poll, Should Bush be impeached?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Lying to the U.S. Senate....Lying to the U.S. Congress..Lying to the U.S. Intelligence
Community..Lying to the Joint Chief Of Staff Of The U.S. Military..Should Impeachment Proceding Be Started "Yes Of Course" Will It Be Of Course Not.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
If Bush were impeached, Cheney would be too - THEN WE WOULD BE STUCK WITH NANCY PELOSI AS PRESIDENT. No thanks.
Just think how mad Hillary would be.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
I have heard many posts that think Bush only has a yr.left so we should just ride it out.

I disagree for a couple of reasons.
We are so in debt from this war in Iraq that each household owes half a million dollars.

If it's a matter of cost, I for one would certainly be willing to get a few more bucks in debt to help pay the costs of impeachment of both Bush and Cheney.
I wouldn't care if Pelosi was president for a yr.

Second, if we do nothing, such as impeachment and prosecution and this administration has no repurcussions at all for all of the terrible things they have done and been involved in covering up, what is to stop future presidents and administrations from doing the same things?
If a company president of a major corporation can do whatever they want to without the risk of penaltys or prosecution of any kind and they run that company the way Bush and co. have run this country, that company will fail miserably.

I do not want Bush or Cheney to enjoy retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies