Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:18 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Donald Trump said he was in favor of capital punishment for cop killers. I think it's time. That might stop some of this. It sure would give the bad guys pause.

This story about the female police officer is tragic beyond words.
I agree with you. It is about time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Does Virginia lower the bar for female police and firefighters?

If so, you have to wonder how much of a role that played.
Did you open and read the link?

Shooter murdered his wife then opened fire on officers as they approached the home and hit three officers.

One officer, the female died.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I am soon buying a handgun for protection but this is really upsetting. It seems every time someone goes postal there is a gun nearby.

Why are these people allow to have guns? When I buy my gun I will be more than happy to be vetted and will gladly take a psychological test.
Who are " these people" ?

Old 02-29-2016, 01:26 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,023 times
If you've followed along with Julian for any length of time you would know "these people" refer to anyone who commits an act of violence with a gun. As if we were somehow supposed to know beforehand that they were one of "those people".

Old 02-29-2016, 04:11 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Derringer? Hardly a handgun but touché !
ARE YOU TRULY ASKING A QUESTION OR BEING SARCASTIC.

YOU are the on who made the claim.

If a derringer is NOT a hand gun, what is it?

YOU are the one claiming to know so much about hand guns.

If a derringer is your ONLY choice, I guess you DON'T know as much as you want us to believe.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Look up 'Thompson Contender'.
And it is NOT the ONLY one.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
so sorry to hear condolences for the community and prayers for the family- we had an officer maimed in Tampa from a domestic abuser - to many of these suckers only get a slap on the writs until they kill people- need to up the annie on wife beaters - I know wives too are abusers- but not heard of them killing-
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Most domestic violence is initiated by the female partner.

The options a male has is to hit back, be arrested and lose everything, including his home and children.

Hope Solo and the Surprising Truth About Women and Violence

A domestic violence victim - Washington Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So your blaming the killers wife? You do know that most cases when a spouse is murdered it is by the husband or former husband. You rarely hear about the wife or former wife killing the husband.

Yes, wives murdering their husbands tends to fly under the radar. Women are frequently not charged for murdering their husbands because many automatically assume the man must have done something to merit being murdered and view the murderer as the real victim.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
ARE YOU TRULY ASKING A QUESTION OR BEING SARCASTIC.

YOU are the on who made the claim.

If a derringer is NOT a hand gun, what is it?

YOU are the one claiming to know so much about hand guns.

If a derringer is your ONLY choice, I guess you DON'T know as much as you want us to believe.

You have jumped in the middle of a thread you know nothing about.

In another thread he indicated he would only allow weapons that shot less than two shots and that nobody needed anything that more than that. He then states he's going to buy a handgun for protection.

You are arguing semantics while the rest of us just call BS. If you honestly believe he's going to buy a single shot derringer or Thompson "handgun" for protection I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:26 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, wives murdering their husbands tends to fly under the radar. Women are frequently not charged for murdering their husbands because many automatically assume the man must have done something to merit being murdered and view the murderer as the real victim.
Nah, we're just better at covering the evidence or finding creative ways to kill that don't look like murder. Remember the Alfred Hitchcock episode when the wife bludgeons her husband with a frozen leg of lamb and then puts it in the oven and ends up feeding it to the cops who come to investigate? She's our hero.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You have jumped in the middle of a thread you know nothing about.

In another thread he indicated he would only allow weapons that shot less than two shots and that nobody needed anything that more than that. He then states he's going to buy a handgun for protection.

You are arguing semantics while the rest of us just call BS. If you honestly believe he's going to buy a single shot derringer or Thompson "handgun" for protection I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
I prefer the Judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies