Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 07:58 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny, if there were anyone here that really had a secret/TS (or higher) clearance, they would know that if you were even in question, your clearance is suspended......until the investigation is over.........
Not always true. I have one, TS/SCI. And it can come down to immediate supervisor, CO, or security officer deciding what to do. Depends on what the issue is. IE DUI, espionage, domestic violence? Does not take much to have clearance pulled, put in stand by though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM

981 posts, read 898,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hey let us see if you all are Americans or not.

We presume that people are innocent until proven guilty..

Simple concept.

But are you really Americans?

Jump on here and post that you believe Clinton is and was fully law abiding citizen and will continue to believe so until it is proven otherwise.

I would suggest if you cannot make such a pledge you should not post on the question.
Agreed. Innocent until proven guilty. However, I consider good judgement to be a minimal skill for the Presidency. And installing a private server for all your communication in the position of SoS where the position itself involves the security of our embassies abroad shows, at a minimum, APPALLINGLY bad judgement. Would you consider an attending surgeon that ignores protocol of the OR by refusing to wash his or her hands before operating qualified to be head of surgery?

Regardless of the content of the emails, how could anyone think that using a private server as SoS exercised sound judgement, particularly after the training she received regarding security when she accepted the position? I find it profoundly disturbing that anyone could find her qualified to be President after demonstrating such poor judgement.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
FBI doesnt prosecute. The investigation is still going on. Read much.
They are now focusing on her aids that had access to her accounts, passwords etc. Once INVESTIGATION is over, they will send recommendation to DOJ.. They will then decide to prosecute.. See how things work....
That's exactly what I've been telling you. Good to see that you absorbed it. So, she isn't "guilty" of anything. She hasn't even been charged with anything. But there's lots of politically motivated name-calling going on among those who want to see her prosecuted.

That requires evidence, not daily hate radio talking points.

This current "investigation" like the half dozen or so others than preceded it, will likely result in a big bag of nothing. Or a tiny bag of not much.

Those who are licking their chops anticipating serious consequences will most likely be deeply disappointed.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:54 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That's exactly what I've been telling you. Good to see that you absorbed it. So, she isn't "guilty" of anything. She hasn't even been charged with anything. But there's lots of politically motivated name-calling going on among those who want to see her prosecuted.

That requires evidence, not daily hate radio talking points.

This current "investigation" like the half dozen or so others than preceded it, will likely result in a big bag of nothing. Or a tiny bag of not much.

Those who are licking their chops anticipating serious consequences will most likely be deeply disappointed.
Based on the information and emails put out, she is guilty. This is due to my experience dealing with classified emails going from one nipr to sipr..Guilty regardless, it went from one to the other, and with you as the person who did it.I dont need a DOJ to prove guilt. The evidence is overwhelming for me to say she is guilty... If a indictment and prosecution isnt performed our DOJ will be a failed entity.
Licking our chops, really.. Her cankles are not worth licking.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Based on the information and emails put out, she is guilty.
Very amusing.

I say we should await the outcome of the current "investigation" before jumping to a conclusion. You know, indictments, courtroom testimony, presenting evidence.

All that stuff we know as the justice system.

Although it's very obvious what your personal bias is in this matter, please understand that it won't serve to tip the scales.

Quote:
This is due to my experience dealing with classified emails going from one nipr to sipr..Guilty regardless, it went from one to the other, and with you as the person who did it.I dont need a DOJ to prove guilt. The evidence is overwhelming for me to say she is guilty... If a indictment and prosecution isnt performed our DOJ will be a failed entity.
Licking our chops, really.. Her cankles are not worth licking.
I hope they pick you for jury duty.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:46 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Time to clear up some commonly used distractions and pro Clinton talking points:

1. Information is classified, regardless of the presence or absence of classification markings. That whole "I never sent or or received anything MARKED classified" is a non-starter.

2. The allegations of Colin Powell receiving classified data via personal email are a distraction. A total of two emails containing classified data were sent to Powell. They were immediately identified as potential data spillage, contained, and deleted. Compare this to Clinton, the only SECSTATE in history to exclusively use a private email server for official business.

3. For those unfamiliar, it is impossible to "accidentally" send classified data to an unclassified network. Classified networks are closed systems. They are not connected to the wider internet. A person with the appropriate clearances and access to classified networks cannot simply send data from the classified network to a Gmail account, or any other address on any network outside the classified network they are working in. This is a deliberate system architecture design component. In the case of Clinton's email, staffers and deputies would have had to deliberately copy classified data onto some form of removable media, or retype the classified data into an unclassified network to "spill" the data. Anyone with a clearance and access to classified data has received mandatory training to know acts like those above constitute a crime, and pose a risk to national security.

4. This is not a GOP led witch hunt as some would have people believe. This matter is now in the hands of President Obama's Department of Justice, and the FBI. The FBI is reported to have 100 agents working on the investigation. The DOJ has offered immunity to Bryan Pagliano, the Clinton staffer responsible for her private email server. This is important to note as the DOJ doesn't normally offer immunity unless there is some chargeable offense to be immune from.

5. Anyone with a clearance knows that TS data, by its very definition poses a grave threat to national security if compromised. So a former SECSTATE bypassed requirements for a .gov email address for matters of convenience, received classified data at and above the TS level on a personal, non-government, unclassified email system thus willfully exposing that data to compromise. It has also been widely reported that the late January release of emails contained back and forth between Clinton and deputy Jake Sullivan discussing sending talking points to Clinton. The Deputy said staffers were having issues sending the data via secure means, so Clinton responded by telling Sullivan "If they can't, turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure." That exchange seems to indicate Clinton telling Sullivan to strip classification heading and send classified data to a nonsecure system. Sort of the opposite of her claims to this point.

Bottom line, you are free to have your own opinion on this, and any other matter. You aren't free to have your own facts.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:00 AM

The facts are:

1) No charges have been presented.

2) Some on this thread are already pronouncing her guilty.

3) This whole affair is far from an open and shut case.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:22 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Right wing mouthpiece (Limbaugh, Fox News, Beck, former GOP congressman, etc): "She's a witch!"

Chorus of right wing sheep: "Burn her!"

The rest of rational America: "Not so fast. You have to prove it."

RW sheep: "No! She's a witch! Burn her!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

I've never heard anyone say we need to "burn her."

Obama's own FBI is investigating her, not only in regards to her email account, but investigating her Clinton Foundation too.

We are waiting for the results of the FBI investigation, not to see if she did anything wrong, but to see how broadly she violated the law. There is no doubt that she violated the law.

Every single email sent or received by her email domain severs, were stored on computer hard drives, in non secure areas, with access by unauthorized people. It does not matter if an email had it's classification increased to secret or higher, after it was sent.

All her email sat on those servers, before, during, and after they were officially made top secret or higher. so it does not matter if she sent or received an email that had not yet been officially classified, because after it was classified it was still stored on those server hard drives, in those unsecure, unauthorized locations, with access by unauthorized personnel.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I've never heard anyone say we need to "burn her."
Instead of me having to explain it to you, I'll just say...

You heard it here first.

Quote:
Obama's own FBI is investigating her, not only in regards to her email account, but investigating her Clinton Foundation too.

We are waiting for the results of the FBI investigation, not to see if she did anything wrong, but to see how broadly she violated the law. There is no doubt that she violated the law.
Prove it.

Quote:
Every single email sent or received by her email domain severs, were stored on computer hard drives, in non secure areas, with access by unauthorized people. It does not matter if an email had it's classification increased to secret or higher, after it was sent.

All her email sat on those servers, before, during, and after they were officially made top secret or higher. so it does not matter if she sent or received an email that had not yet been officially classified, because after it was classified it was still stored on those server hard drives, in those unsecure, unauthorized locations, with access by unauthorized personnel.
I'm willing to wait for this thing to play out.

You'll have to wait, too. Regardless of how much you hate Hillary and have been conditioned to jump to conclusions based on leaks.

It'll be over when it's over.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
The facts are:

1) No charges have been presented.

2) Some on this thread are already pronouncing her guilty.

3) This whole affair is far from an open and shut case.
1) Did Hilary send and receive all her official Secretary of State emails, via her personal email domain server?
YES!
2) Was her email domain server secure? Was the main server and/or the back up server located in a secure and authorized location? Did only authorized personnel have access to her server?
NO!
3) If even one email was classified, before or after it was sent, it was in violation of the law, because they were all stored on her server, which was located in an unauthorized location, with access by unauthorized personnel.

Hilary is guilty of having a private server with classified, official State Department emails stored on it, located in unauthorized locations, with unauthorized personnel having access to all of her emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies