Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
A GREAT example of the cherry-picking I spoke of ...

Most here will have at most CHILDHOOD memories of the fifties, where they were protected from the realities of life in the world outside the dome their parents created for them.
Yep and deny the hardships that others faced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 08:15 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Was Wilson unaware the US is a Republic, not a democracy?
This country has not been a true republic in 200 years, rather more akin to a democratic republic with a Constitution that can be amended to change such things as right to bear arms.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.”
–Thomas Jefferson

The Money Masters – Famous Quotations on Banking

“I am afraid the ordinary citizen will not like to be told that the banks can and do create money. And they who control the credit of the nation direct the policy of Governments and hold in the hollow of their hand the destiny of the people.” Reginald McKenna, as Chairman of the Midland Bank, addressing stockholders in 1924.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The governmental-industrial-complex..........its mission is to make things worse.
The Government Economic Complex.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul
The governmental-industrial-complex..........its mission is to make things worse.

Yeah, we don't need meat inspectors either, they just slow down the economy. Doctors and hospitals would do far more business without meat inspectors. Think of how that would create economic activity!

The same thing goes for air traffic controllers. Who needs'em? Just let the planes fend for themselves and if they crash, they crash.

Nor do we need FBI agents, TSA agents, FEMA, EPA inspectors, scientists, judges, Asst attorney generals, etc., etc.

The government making things worse has no factual support.

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-07-2016 at 09:58 AM..

Old 03-07-2016, 01:01 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
All we really need is one big bank led by the one big banker of the world. then everyone will be in debt and all the bankers very happy.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
this is EXACTLY what they did:mad:- the kept everything quiet and behind close doors- when I was older and my mom died, I learned we had a gay cousin- and and being a DRUNK was not really funny, men hurt women physically - child abuse is dead wrong-- and so many other things- and my parents were both college grads-and professional people- I had NO idea-
at 21 a friend from Philly took me to a show - I did NOT know men dressed in drag I had no idea !! ZIP- when George C Scott played in the movie "Hard CORE" I was in shock- since that day- I became a different kind of person- I look under the rug-
I think many still have NOT taken those rose colored glasses off and refuse to-- and simply are out of touch with TRUTH-- or they turn away and make bad things an insignificant issue -downplay and stay happy-
Agreed, absolutely!

But many of the people at this site have been conned into believing that surrender of more of our basic options as free citizens (some of which are bound to offend someone) to a supposedly better-educated, and more-sensitized elite is the answer. And the only place that road leads is to serfdom in the sort of gray, stagnated, everyone-in-his/her-place society that most of our ancestors came here to escape.

It's everybody's choice, but I made mine a long time ago.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Since these Right Wing Nut-job Politicians seem so interested in controlling others sexuality, a News-person with guts should ask one of them "When was the last time you had some deep down intensive raw sex with your partner?" MY guess is, NEVER.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:17 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Since these Right Wing Nut-job Politicians seem so interested in controlling others sexuality, a News-person with guts should ask one of them "When was the last time you had some deep down intensive raw sex with your partner?" MY guess is, NEVER.
That's because they are satisfied f'ing the public.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:38 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
And the last two posts show the all-too-common trait of so-called "liberals/progressives" centering their cheap attacks on the sexual lives of people of whom they don't approve. It's the Lefties who have some growing up to do.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:51 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And the last two posts show the all-too-common trait of so-called "liberals/progressives" centering their cheap attacks on the sexual lives of people of whom they don't approve. It's the Lefties who have some growing up to do.

The RWNJs seem very interested in people's sex lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies