Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How great is the GOP meltdown?
This is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen! 8 15.69%
This is funnier than I even thought funny can be! 1 1.96%
This is so funny it's dangerous -- someone is going to die of laughter! 5 9.80%
It couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys. 37 72.55%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 AM

160 posts, read 148,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When it comes to the GOP in its current form, good riddance to bad rubbish. Of course America needs a major conservative party, but it doesn't need one that panders to Teajadists. Send the kids back to the kiddie table where they belong and form a party that doesn't rely on them for votes.
Exactly. I had no problem turning in my Republican party affiliation. A smart person knows when to bail out. No reason to go down with a sinking ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 11:32 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
True but the Democratic party have become the Alien Enemy Within. I think of the film Slither or Invason of the Body Snatchers to compare how the Democratic party has gone from being the Working Man's Party to one for fringe elements, SJWs and guilt ridden whites.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-04-2016 at 12:32 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 11:35 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
This is nonsense. The "average Democrat voter" does NOT have "serious reservations about supporting Hillary". The only Dems who don't support Hillary are either Bernie supporters or closet Republicans living in strongly Democratic areas who want to be successful in politics or aren't nutty enough to feel comfortable in the current Republican party.
The Democrats that I know (most of them women) choose to support Sanders because they don't like Hillary. These women want to see a woman president, but they do not trust Hillary, and are afraid that she will lead us into more interventionists wars. They don't see her as much different than the Republican. I think some of them will vote Hillary if she gets the nomination, but a few of them (women in their 20's) I know will not.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:41 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
After last night I could never vote for any of the top 3 Republicans. I am good with either Democrat.

I had not heard stuff like that since I was in middle school on the basketball court.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Lightbulb Question for Democrats - How great is the GOP meltdown?

Their self-inflicted meltdown is entertaining to watch.

For the short term.

Beyond that, it's bad for America. The GOP really needs to get its act together and return to sanity. Divorce itself from the moronic religious right and pledge to become a governing party once again.

Our country works best when both parties are offering solid policy positions that effectively address the issues. When either party goes off the rails and devolves into a mess of self-destructive turmoil and division, the long term results will never be satisfactory.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:50 AM

451 posts, read 465,485 times
The Republican Party is going through some painful growing pains into something different. I sense Sanders' popularity is a pre-cursor to a coming schism in the Democratic Party as well. The times are a changin'.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:30 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
True but the Democratic party have become the Alien Enemy Within.
My view is more inclined to view the Democratic Party as Ripley.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:28 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
I agree, I don't see a meltdown. I see a smelting down. I would vote for a dead dog over that skank Hillary or commie Sanders. You want to see a wuss look at Burnie giving up the stage to thugs. This is the guy who will make us safe? LMAO and Skankles, what a scum sucking bovine.
Nice language; you must be a Trump fan.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Trump defending against Marco's comment abut the size of his hands was benign, compared to that vulgarity "I promise you, the president has a big stick," uttered by Biden.
Why do Republicans think his 'big stick' reference referred to Obama's penis? Oh, that's right...sex is never far from the conservative mind. lol

Also, Rubio made a comment about Trump's HANDS. Trump took it to the lowest level all by himself.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...C8XaBAWV0ua_VA

Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If the GOP implosion only impacted the GOP, I would revel in the schadenfreude. Couldn't possibly be more well-deserved.

But I do happen to like a well-functioning government, and the GOP's crisis is going to have an impact way beyond their own ranks. And that's no joke, at all.
Well said, and I couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies