Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
This one seems out of the norm. Rural area with farm workers staying in public housing. Apparently going on for 40 years. And it is not clear that they are in fact illegal. I would expect some are but some will not be. Again this is Florida where the pattern is different.
I know how it is in Florida, and the word "undocumented" means "illegal". It's just a word that liberals use to act like it's something that it's not, like their headline calling them "immigrants" instead of "illegal immigrants".

If they weren't here illegally, then there would be no reason to kick them out of their house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 02:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Immigrant families kicked out of Dade city apartments

Two dozen families are being evicted from a Dade City apartment complex because Housing Authority officials say they were undocumented.

I was shocked reading the content of this article as it is about illegal aliens using government free money for their housing while they are not entitled to it and on top of that using false Social Security Numbers which is crime number 3!

They whine about the kids (young kids) being Citizens (so they have anchor babies/kids) and having to break up their family but they can take their kids and come back through the front door like we did.

If you read the article than you will be shocked as it is stating "Two dozen families are being evicted from a Dade City apartment complex because Housing Authority officials say they were undocumented."

Crimes explained;

-Illegally entering the country is a crime

-Getting Housing benefits from the government while being an illegal is a crime, especially when the government isn't aware they are illegal aliens!

-Using other peoples SSN is a crime and I believe that is a felony.

How can 2 dozen illegal aliens getting housing that is meant for citizens and not paying much money?

Why is annews channel starting out with "Immigrants" instead of "Illegal Aliens".... but we know this channel leaning towards the left so that will probably be the answer.

I'm not clear on what is going on. There are a lot of undocumented aliens in subsidized housing because their anchor baby kids qualify the entire household. In the meantime waiting lists are 5-10-more years long.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
True... and not mentioning how they were stealing by using other peoples SSN and getting government benefits that were withheld from people who need it.

How can 2 dozen families get in these housing places?

I think some people need to be fired! That means new jobs for people who will oversee the government money.

Got anchor baby? Your anchor baby qualifies YOU for subsidized housing.

We used to have a legal principle that an individual should not benefit from unlawful behavior.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
The issue is that it appears to be government housing and not available to non citizens. The legal status of the people is not clear. The one family has Honduran passports and could well be legal. This apears to be south Florida where it would be common to run into non citizens who are not illegals.

SS numbers if simply made up are not criminal.

As long as anchor babies are recognized as citizens, having them qualifies illegal aliens for subsidized housing.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:49 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
George Carlin has a whole bit about how changing words even just slightly can totally change the subtext of a position. I know this a "duh" no crap statement, I just think he really laid it out well and used a few examples and it was funny, but also really made you sort think about it.

This news story is a perfect example along with all of the stories that the typical mainstream media reports about illegal aliens. I'm not sure when the shift was made from that term to undocumented immigrants, and yes, that has a much softer sympathetic tone behind it.

I'm not one of these hardcore right types on illegals. They are illegal in this country, I get why there are here, and on a lot of levels I sympathize and can feel their pain. That being said you don't go into a country illegally, you're basically cutting in line and obviously committing a crime in that country. Every country on the planet pretty much has their own laws on who comes and goes within their borders. This stuff is common sense to the point that it shouldn't even be a damn subject to begin with.

You follow the laws of whatever land you want to go to, this includes America obviously.

I've heard rumors that in the past people were just given "news" and a whole lot less commentary. I guess with the 24hr news cycle things have shifted and "news" is pretty much now opinion based commentary as it now appears to be, at least to my lizard brain.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
The issue is that it appears to be government housing and not available to non citizens. The legal status of the people is not clear. The one family has Honduran passports and could well be legal. This apears to be south Florida where it would be common to run into non citizens who are not illegals.

SS numbers if simply made up are not criminal.
Not south Florida but a small town near Tampa. The artillery says and quotes the people to be illegally here and all they had to show was a passport...a Honduras passport.

We had people denied who were legally here as we checked for income and they had no working perils so how can we see their income as legally earned and safe for any owner to believe they will not move out overnight.

This management must have know about the scams and more than 2 dozen families is a lot of people.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:39 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Both chambers of the Florida State legislature have been under Republican control since 1996, 20 years. Of that , the Governor has been a Republican for 17 years. The Chamber of Commerece and Agriculture lobbies influence politicians on all sides.
Yup, an the Old R' Guard is having fits over Trump's successes. They've gotten stale and can't accept it.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
As long as anchor babies are recognized as citizens, having them qualifies illegal aliens for subsidized housing.
No that is not true. The parents have to have legal status and not having a valid I-94 makes them illegal. Buy if the head of State closes his eyes to that than what can be done.

I know of a 20 year old student who is here legally for almost 16 years and parents have green card and sibling became citizen this year and this student is facing having to leave if his green card visa isn't available soon and before his I -94 expires and before he will age out.

How fair is that? Legally from day 1 and this family is going to be taken apart due to the long wait for his visa date to be eligible to aply.
His I-130 is already approved so all the waiting is for USCIS to allow him to sum it the last part. Nobody is talking about the stress for him and his family and how fair this can be for someone who does everything the right way.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:59 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yup, an the Old R' Guard is having fits over Trump's successes. They've gotten stale and can't accept it.
This thread is racist, xenophobic, bigoted, mysogenistic, islamophobic, and probably has the support of David Duke and the KKK.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The Fed has heavy involvement with HUD or did you forget that ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies