Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why would Obama know about a water system switch in the city of Flint Michigan ?

Because it's always Obama's fault. They even tried to blame an earthquake on Obama. No, I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My comment was... government is not the expert in the room... right, left, middle, whatever.
We are talking about Water filtration, in this case, government is the expert. And no, that isnt what you said.

Your argument is based on the premise that Democrats did nothing as if Democrats were in power and could do something.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:09 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
We are talking about Water filtration, in this case, government is the expert. And no, that isnt what you said.

Don't know what the communication problem is ... I said in my OP...

Quote:
It's not that Repubs would have been any better... it's that government in general can't run things. They are not experts at anything. All we can hope is that they can mange stuff at a competent level.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Why would Obama know about a water system switch in the city of Flint Michigan ?
Exactly!

If O wasn't aware of this list of situations he certainly wouldn't be aware of Flint's water supply.

He wasn't aware of obamacare rollout not being ready for use.

He wasn't aware his plane, Air Force 1 was out of its hanger and flying low over NYC

He wasn't aware the shovel ready jobs he was pushing, didn't exist

"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said the president didn't know about explosive Veterans Administration scandal until he saw news reports"

""Obama was unaware for the last 5 years, the NSA had been spying on German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other members of world leaders. Only after an internal Obama administration review in 2013 did the White House know of the spying.""

"President Obama news conference with Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan (5/16/2013): "I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the I.G. report before the I.G. report had been leaked through press -- through the press.""

Michael moore arrived just in time to save Flint!

Old 03-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't know what the communication problem is ... I said in my OP...
I understood your point, im saying you and Moore are wrong. I also made the secondary point of saying that blaming both parties when one isnt even in power is just as attempt to share the blame where there is no need to.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Exactly!

If O wasn't aware of this list of situations he certainly wouldn't be aware of Flint's water supply.

He wasn't aware of obamacare rollout not being ready for use.

He wasn't aware his plane, Air Force 1 was out of its hanger and flying low over NYC

He wasn't aware the shovel ready jobs he was pushing, didn't exist

"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said the president didn't know about explosive Veterans Administration scandal until he saw news reports"

""Obama was unaware for the last 5 years, the NSA had been spying on German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other members of world leaders. Only after an internal Obama administration review in 2013 did the White House know of the spying.""

"President Obama news conference with Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan (5/16/2013): "I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the I.G. report before the I.G. report had been leaked through press -- through the press.""

Michael moore arrived just in time to save Flint!
1. it doesnt take a genius to know why the President doesnt know about spying on foreign leaders, its called plausible deniability.

2. The VA scandal, this is the one that really gets under my skin when it comes to attack on the president not knowing something.

Do you seriously not know that CNN was the one who found the scandal, and there for, where else would he learn about it from, since they broke the news ???????? Did you expect him to read the minds of everyone at CNN ????????

Or are you actually making the bigger argument that he should have somehow known that fraud was going on ?

3. Shovel ready jobs actually did exist, but funding has to be appropriated in enough time for those jobs to formulate.

4. I have never even heard about the plane thing, and I doubt anyone even cares.

5. Obamacare is a set of rules and regulations, not a website.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:10 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
the Republican governor assigned a tyrant to run Flint's government. The Tyrant then punished Flint and its people for being black Democrats.

I consider the situation to be a case of legal assault with intent to sicken and harm the citizens. harming these people was not an accident or a side effect. It was the goal of switching water supplies.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:58 PM

409 posts, read 258,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
the Republican governor assigned a tyrant to run Flint's government. The Tyrant then punished Flint and its people for being black Democrats.

I consider the situation to be a case of legal assault with intent to sicken and harm the citizens. harming these people was not an accident or a side effect. It was the goal of switching water supplies.
That tyrant was a black Democrat.

And the whole issue never would have happened if black Democrats hadn't turned the city into a bankrupt ****hole in the first place.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
And Obama (D) is the President. What did Obama do to prevent the situation in Flint from happening? NOTHING.
Like Hilary said, Obama and I started doing something for a while about lead but then we just lost it in all that other stuff we had to do. Don't worry, when I get into office I'll go look for it and start it up again. Darn that lead thing, where did that go.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:02 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because it's always Obama's fault. They even tried to blame an earthquake on Obama. No, I'm not kidding.
What kind of pipes feed and circulate in the White House?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies