Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 06:37 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why don't you put these in the Black folk suggestion box?
Would Blacks even take any suggestions seriously? Or are they good with letting Dems keep their kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools to keep the teachers unions happy so their donations keep pouring in, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 06:41 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Honestly, who cares? Race involves a fraction of a percent of DNA. The only people that make an issue (either as an excuse or a reason for "superiority") are idiots. Individuals are responsible for their own actions, not anyone else that they share a race with.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:05 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And yet you ignore the many Asian gang members in the United States.
I am full aware of it. Do you want to compare who can do worse or do better?

How is that even relevant to my original question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer
Right, why black people can't be like Asians: committing less crime at a rate of 1/4 of whites and dominating the STEM?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It is not for you to decide who a group of people should vote for. You have no real idea of their mindset. And that same tired conservative tripe that you continually whip out doesn't erase the fact that you stereotype 90% of Blacks as too stupid to make their own decisions. Black people know that voting Democrat is in their best interest, just as in 1989 David Duke finally realized that his politics were most closely related to the Republican Party, a party he has supported for the last quarter century.
How did I decide for them? I merely pointed out a very likely consequence of their voting if anybody have learned anything from the last amnesty.

"Black people know that voting Democrat is in their best interest," sure they do. I was listening NRP one day about why people voting for Sanders. Somehow the reporter pointed out the race for each interviewee. Each and every black person, men and women, said the reason they will vote for Sanders or Clinton is FREE STUFF, free college, free health care, more welfare, free this and free that.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
FYI, there are plenty immigrants of African descent. Stop acting as though the two are mutually exclusive. Around 10% are foreign born and likely another 10-15% are first generation American. Amnesty affects some as well.

Additionally, Latinos can be of African descent. Again, stop acting as though the two are mutually exclusive.

The anti-immigrant sentiment of Republicans turns away scores of recent Americans of African descent. Republican religious views also turn away non-Christian and non-mainstream Christian African descendants.

Any and everything is about race for many of you. However, people of African descent are more diverse and consider more issues than many of your minds grasp.

As Detroit stated, worry about your people and your vote.
I was talking about illegal immigration, just FYI. There's a huge difference between legal and illegal immigration.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Worry about your people and your vote.

You can't do anything about ours, and we don't have a suggestion box.
Great answer as you illustrated the real problems: inability to understand the political consequences of people's action and inability to even remotely consider a different opinion.

The Democrat politicians sure as hell know what they are doing!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Right, why black people can't be like Asians: committing less crime at a rate of 1/4 of whites and dominating the STEM?

Are you saying so many blacks are in prison is the direct result of heavy and racist policing? Do you have any evidence to support that? It looks to me police are shooting far more white people with at a much higher rate - it certainly does not look like police is targeting blacks.

I didn't ask about education status of blacks. I am asking why blacks can't compete with any other races in schools?
See post #147.

Also:

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...ity-sentencing

Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Would Blacks even take any suggestions seriously? Or are they good with letting Dems keep their kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools to keep the teachers unions happy so their donations keep pouring in, etc.?
Black people don't need "suggestions" from you.

We are well aware of all of the problems that affect our community, and we are aware of them WAY before you are. We work on those issues and problems which is why are demographic steadily improves, and especially so since the 1980s when more barriers of discrimination finally ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Great answer as you illustrated the real problems: inability to understand the political consequences of people's action and inability to even remotely consider a different opinion.

The Democrat politicians sure as hell know what they are doing!
In regards to the bold, I actually am not a Democrat. I am an independent.

It is my belief that neither party has the best interests of the entire populace, let alone black Americans in mind with any of their "promises."

Like myself, most black Americans know that all politicians are liars and are out for themselves. We primarily take a pragmatic approach. The main reason why as a demographic we are much more likely to vote Democratic, especially in presidential elections of late, is because the GOP presidential politics spews prejudicial muses about us like the bold of which I quoted from you.

As an independent who actually, really doesn't like the Democratic party, why would I vote for a candidate that you support, when you see me as an inferior being in regards to intelligence. You do not respect me as a valued member of society.

It is the image of the GOP that keeps black people with the Democratic party. The Dems have their issues too as stated, I really don't like them much, but that is just liberals on a personal level in regards to their superiority complex. They, similar to Informed Consent, and it seems like yourself as well, think we don't know about our own problems or how to tackle those issues. I've worked with my share of liberal whites in particular and many of them hold these views. But, the difference between the Democratic party and liberals versus those in the GOP (I have worked with many conservative groups as well, mostly religiously based groups) is that they are much more willing to listen when black people speak to them and they will shut up their superiority complex when it is pointed out. Not all of them do, but most will. Conservatives, and especially hard lined right GOP members OTOH will keep on attempting to "educate" black people about stuff we already know and try to get us to "acknowledge" stuff that is already acknowledged and that has been for years. They won't "acknowledge" our gains, work, and goals on specific issues or projects. They will try (in regards to the religious folks) to minister to us and get us to a church and to keep us believing that as a group/demographic, we are the lowest of the low and can only improve our lot (even though we have been improving for decades without them) by following their values.

Many conservatives and especially the GOP accept their own prejudices. They do not consider our country's history in regards to discrimination, which only recently was dramatically decreased. They feel that since the Civil Rights Act was passed in the 1960s that we should have automatically done better and they rarely ever admit (none of them that I can think of who I know or who I work with) that they actually do view black people as inferior to them and that this is a view that has proliferated in our country through the present day.

Both yourself and InformedConsent are like this. You think you have all the answers to black people even though you are not very knowledgeable at all about us. You think that due to us voting for the Democratic party in an election that we are ignorant and beneath you and that we are a permanent scourge on America.

As an independent, I don't support candidates who espouse, agree with, or condone such thoughts and behaviors. Black people know how to organize and how to protest and how to get things done. Most of the dramatic changes in our society have been done based on our example. We are a powerful demographic and anyone who espouses, agrees with, or condones me or the black demographic as idiots, do not deserve my time or consideration at the ballot box.

The view of us as inferior, IMO is much more important than any other policy as bias can and does affect us on every level in society and especially in regards to the inherently racist criminal justice system (beliefs that blacks are criminal = bias/inferior view versus other demographics), education (beliefs that blacks are ignorant i.e we don't know what is best for us, our kids can't learn, our kids have behavioral problems = bias/inferior view versus other demographics), our culture (beliefs that black culture is bad parenting/family life, violence, criminal, ignorance, and poverty = bias/inferior view of versus other demographics)and the workplace (blacks cannot do certain jobs as well as _____, our credentials don't matter or are inferior, we should get paid less because of the other biases mentioned above = bias/inferior view of us versus other demographics).

The bias of conservatives and their lack of reflection about it is what keeps black people not voting GOP in large numbers and especially not in presidential elections. Look at this election season. There are hundreds of videos going around of your party's front runner not allowing black people to even attend his rallies. The guy who was punched by the old man in NC wasn't even protesting anything. You expect us to go out in large numbers and vote for a man who won't even let black people attend his rallies? That is an idiotic thought IMO.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:23 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Black people don't need "suggestions" from you.

We are well aware of all of the problems that affect our community
Then why don't Blacks effectively address those problems? Why are Black on Black murders so high? Why are Black adults letting Dems keep their kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools when as you know I've posted several times, 2/3 of Black adults favor school vouchers?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why don't Blacks effectively address those problems? Why are Black on Black murders so high? Why are Black adults letting Dems keep their kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools when as you know I've posted several times, 2/3 of Black adults favor school vouchers?
Again, why do you think that we are not effectively addressing "these" (which ones?) problems when statistically our demographic has improved on all levels since the 1980s? If we are not effectively addressing them then on all accounts we would be substantially worse.

Why are "white on white" murders so high? (FYI, black violent crime rates have fallen since the 1980s as well and have not worsened)

"Dems" do not keep black adults from doing anything. Why do you think black adults are incapable of making intelligent decisions about the education of their own children? Why are educational outcomes (i.e. graduation and college matriculation rates) increasing if black adults are being "trapped" by Democrats. How do you think "school choice" became a topic - it was due to black people.

As stated above, about your in particular, yes you ALWAYS post SEVERAL times the same stuff over and over. Yet you also NEVER look at the historical patterns of which you are denigrating black Americans about.

You believe we are inferior in regards to crime and education and political action (on this one it is funny since there is more school choice today based on black activism in particular and vouchers are in place in my home state, as I have also shared with you SEVERAL times. They are primarily utilized by black families).

All of your feigned concerned is not genuine. You just want to keep denigrating black people. That is fine if you want to do so, but I'm not stupid enough to not know about issues in my area especially and I am well aware of the general issues facing black Americans today and I am WAY more knowledgeable than you are about American history in regards to black people, especially of the mid 20th century to present day.

ETA: I also am ACTIVELY involved in community organization and volunteerism specifically with black children and communities and I am particularly focused in this regard on education. I also personally love black culture and black people, which is why I never generalize us to be in a particular way. I respect and admire black Americans and I work for our betterment. You just sit behind a screen and b***tch about "black issues" you find on the internet and you feel that the most recent statistics or googled article you find is reflective of all of the black demographic, when that is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies