Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 11:33 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangul313 View Post
I've seen your posts on here, the overwhelming majority are about Blacks. You're obviously obsessed with Blacks. It's a very odd sick obsession you have. We get it, you hate Black people.
If I hated Black people why would I complain about Chicago being the most segregated city in the US? If I hated Black people why would I incessantly advocate for school vouchers like 2/3 of Black adults support?

I don't hate Black people. But I am incredibly frustrated that Blacks just get in their own way and adamantly refuse to do many of the things that would help them shirk off their Democrat oppressors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I was talking about illegal immigration, just FYI. There's a huge difference between legal and illegal immigration.
The point is that there are LEGAL immigrants who have ILLEGAL relatives. Therefore, amnesty affects people of African descent as well.

It is also noted that you have no real response to the post. Again showing that people of African descent are more diverse and consider more issues than many of your minds grasp...

Old 03-17-2016, 11:52 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If I hated Black people why would I complain about Chicago being the most segregated city in the US? If I hated Black people why would I incessantly advocate for school vouchers like 2/3 of Black adults support?
Because you know school vouchers is your "let them eat cake" mantra for black people. No money and no charter schools.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So, basically, that graph was a measure of property ownership. Perhaps not even that--was it a measure of people who are mortgagers or people who own their property outright? Given the numbers, probably the former.

So whites have been able to gain mortgage approvals from banks at a higher rate than blacks since 2008.

To a great extent, that's actually a comparison of bank lending practices prior-2008 compared to bank lending practices post-2008, and how that change in lending practices affects blacks and more specifically, black whose purchases might have been in black neighborhoods.
Actually, it is about the wealth of the homes/property of whites versus black.

The graphs show how much the white population has regained in value in their property/homes since the end of the recession.

Due to black neighborhoods already having a lower value in comparison to white neighborhoods, blacks already had a lower net worth. When the housing market tumbled, many black neighborhoods saw their homes reduced in value by 75-90% versus the 30-60% that whites suffered during the collaspe.

Since then, the values in white neighborhoods have rebounded to almost pre-recession levels, which if you "into" real estate, like I am, you would see in your community's listings in your local area.

Black neighborhoods and hispanic neighborhoods have not rebounded as much and many black and hispanic home owners are still under water.

For example, my mom is a homeowner with a mortgage. We live in Ohio, which has some of the cheapest homes in America. Her house prior to the housing collaspe was valued at about $60K and she has a mortgage that she is paying off that is about $40K. Prior to the collaspe, she had $20k equity in her home, which is a part of her net worth. During the recession assessed value of the home went down to $15K. Today, her home is now values at $25K, which is still half of what it was in 2006 and she no longer has equity nor any worth tied into her home.

I have an aunt in our city who lives in a majority white area. She also lost value in her home. Her home was worth about $100k in our area. She has a mortgage of about $60K. Her home went down in value to about $40K during the recession, $20K under water whereas she no longer had equity or wealth associated with her home. I recently checked its appraised value on a bank/mortgage website and her home is now worth $80k so she now has equity of $20k which is included in her net worth.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The point is that there are LEGAL immigrants who have ILLEGAL relatives. Therefore, amnesty affects people of African descent as well.

It is also noted that you have no real response to the post. Again showing that people of African descent are more diverse and consider more issues than many of your minds grasp...
Here's the report to show the countries of origin for the estimated illegal immigrants. Do you see African countries listed there? Why not?

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi..._pe_2011_0.pdf

You think, the enormous amount of illegal immigrants in our country is no threat to Black people or people in general?

Who's going to pay for their education, health care, welfare, unemployment, food stamps...? Our government currently has 17 trillion debt if you haven't noticed. Even if we could, why should we? Shouldn't we use our money more wisely like looking after our own citizens first?

How does that enormous amount of illegal immigrants impact our job market? Given blacks are amount the highest unemployed, would you not think the illegals would threaten the jobs available to blacks?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Because you know school vouchers is your "let them eat cake" mantra for black people. No money and no charter schools.
Plenty of money. US public schools spend among the most in the industrialized world per student, yet yield abysmal results. Furthermore, private schools are eligible to receive vouchers, not just public schools. Chicago Public Schools spend over $15,000 per student each year. Why not let that money follow the student to a school the family determines can better meet their child's educational needs?

Reminder: 2/3 of Black adults support school vouchers.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Plenty of money. US public schools spend among the most in the industrialized world per student, yet yield abysmal results. Furthermore, private schools are eligible to receive vouchers, not just public schools. Chicago Public Schools spend over $15,000 per student each year. Why not let that money follow the student to a school the family determines can better meet their child's educational needs?

Reminder: 2/3 of Black adults support school vouchers.
So what about the bold? What does that have to do with anything?

I'm a black adult and a parent of two school aged children.

I support school vouchers. I have nephews who attend private schools with vouchers.

I chose not to use vouchers for my own children. Their public schools are better than the private schools in my area IMO. Also, most private schools are religiously based and I do not want my kids going to a religious school.

Also, are you attempting to insinuate that there are not vouchers available for black youth?

FWIW, it is really funny in my own area as since the voucher program started many years ago, a majority of the private schools received an influx of black students. Many of the white people here complain now that there are too many black kids using vouchers in the private schools. A lot of whites are now moving to the suburbs who used to use those private schools because they would rather their kid go to a white suburban district instead of to a private school with predominantly black children.

Vouchers today in various areas are very common. If there are not vouchers, there are charter schools as well. My area has way too many charters and a plethora of vouchers.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I think he/she feels that no Democrats supports vouchers, which is totally untrue. Also that all conservatives support vouchers, which is also totally untrue.

I also feel he/she believes that vouchers will help black kids on standardized test, even though most private schools do not have to take the standardized tests that he/she frequently posts on this forum and they also will kick a black kid out with quickness who does not automatically conform to both academic and behavioral standings of a particular school. Therefore, he/she doesn't realize that even with vouchers, all black children cannot and will not be "solved" of their inferiority based on going to a private school.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So according to you

Crime statistics related to black Americans have not improved since the 1970s....
Teen pregnancy rates amongst black girls have not improved since the 1990s....
Educational attainment and achievement has not improved amongst black Americans since the 1980s....
The population of black individuals living in poverty in America hasn't improved since the 1960s...

I could go on and on....

You are not living in reality.
Let's see.

Page 11, Figure 18, showing black murder rate in comparison to white, 28 years trending. I guess if we compare that number with 1600, it would be a significant improvement!

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Also this article gives excellent analysis with sources/references and I posted a few important parts:

Black Crime Facts That The White Liberal Media Daren’t Talk About » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Quote:
– FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.
More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S."

– FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

But aren’t all these statistics undermined by the fact that black people are unfairly targeted and framed for crimes by police officers in the first place? Don’t higher arrest and conviction rates of blacks merely prove that police are racist? This argument is debunked by looking at the proportion of offenders identified – not by police – but by victims – as black. The National Crime Victimization Survey shows that the number of blacks arrested generally correlates with the number of offenders identified as black by victims.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So what about the bold? What does that have to do with anything?

I'm a black adult and a parent of two school aged children.

I support school vouchers. I have nephews who attend private schools with vouchers.

I chose not to use vouchers for my own children. Their public schools are better than the private schools in my area IMO. Also, most private schools are religiously based and I do not want my kids going to a religious school.
And shouldn't that be a choice the FAMILY makes, and not Dems pandering to the teachers unions for donations? Not everyone lives in an area in which the public schools are better than the private schools.

And if you don't want your kids going to a religious school, better be careful when they're selecting a college if they pursue that goal. Some of the best colleges/universities in the US are religious schools... Notre Dame, Georgetown, Boston College, Emory University (which a few years ago successfully treated the two US citizen Ebola victims), etc., etc. And guess what? Students at those schools get taxpayer money... federal grants, etc., to attend.

Quote:
Also, are you attempting to insinuate that there are not vouchers available for black youth?
Feel free to link to the Chicago school voucher program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies