Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 11:24 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times

Advertisements

Hot Chick Alert!

Just hope the ta-tas didn't get damaged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 11:28 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have to say that I think differently now that I've actually read the article. It wasn't about a kid at a range shooting somebody while learning how to shoot.

Why the hell did he have the gun in his possession in the car loaded? That is so many shades of illegal and stupid.

Logic dictates that you transport your weapons unloaded and with the ammo separated from the weapon. Every gun range I have been to require that you arrived with the ammo separated from the weapon.

This woman is an idiot.
And she's far, far, far from being the only idiot with a gun.

But we're not allowed to talk about the possibility of not allowing idiots to have guns. Their rights must not be infringed, no matter how stupid they are. Idiots with guns abound in this country, and we have no recourse but hope we duck at the appropriate moment to avoid having our lives ended by one of them.

"Idiots With Guns" should be America's new slogan. It sure fits.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
I read the article but I couldn't find where (or if) it said what the make of the gun was. Only that it was a .45. My guess, then, was that it was a Glock or similar "striker fired" gun. Light trigger no manual safety. So this woman is an idiot to begin with by allowing her kid to get his hands on a gun. And a double idiot for the gun being a model that even a four year old kid can easily squeeze off a shot. There have been a number of these tragic shootings in recent years. And in every case where the weapon was identified it was a striker fired system such as the Glock. Not one as far as I could determine was a double action system such is used on most modern revolvers. So a 12 lb. trigger pull vs. a 5 or 6 lb. trigger pull. I doubt that a four year old kid could operate a 12 lb. trigger. It wouldn't matter if the parent had the brains to make sure the kid couldn't get hold of the gun. But maybe something to think about if someone is considering getting a gun for home defense and there are children in the home. Myself, I don't have any kids. And if I did I probably wouldn't own a firearm.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
irresponsible gun owners doing stupid things. fortunately they are few and far between, but they do exist. this is why gun safety needs to be taught to everyone starting at a young age.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:41 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
irresponsible gun owners doing stupid things. fortunately they are few and far between, but they do exist. this is why gun safety needs to be taught to everyone starting at a young age.
How about a gun safety course being mandatory before one is allowed to purchase a gun?

Nah, that makes way too much sense.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:52 PM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Just crazy people like this feel that a gun is just a toy or play thing, very careless but luckily she is alive. People like this shouldn't have a gun, until the entire culture changes nothing will change. I hope they charge her with reckless endangerment of a child and throw in some community service on lessons learned.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Well, at least someone got shot in this story. "Shall not be infringed!!!"

Woman Brags On Facebook Her 4-Year-Old Shoots A Gun, Gets Shot By Her Kid

Another responsible gun owner.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nice segue there. Yeppers, it's oh so obvious with a country chock full of stupid you should resist even minimal controls placed upon the acquisition of a firearm.

Same goes for free speech or voting. Some people are obviously just too stupid to be entrusted with such important rights.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How about a gun safety course being mandatory before one is allowed to purchase a gun?

if gun safety was still taught in schools, then there would be no issue with this now would there? but once again you FAIL to understand that you cannot infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. and while i highly recommend that one who bus a firearm go through a gun safety course, one cannot be forced to go through such a course, like it or not.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Like California circa 1967 when coaches also taught boys about firearm safety every fall before hunting season. I was 12. He used a lever-action 30/30 and live ammo and we all shot live rounds. Later in Boy Scouts we went to the range.

All that's been banned. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies