Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 06:22 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was looking forward to her next post.
Just use your imagination...

Status Update: Just got two units of blood, a dose of hemoglobin, and bought my son a tank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 06:41 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Just use your imagination...

Status Update: Just got two units of blood, a dose of hemoglobin, and bought my son a tank.
I saw her Facebook page before it was removed. Lots of gun loving, as you would imagine, but she is also a sovereign citizen. She had all kinds of dedications to "hero" LaVoy Finicum and the criminal Bundy family. Figures.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I don't see how the proliferation is an issue.

WISQARS reports that firearm accidental mortality was 586 people in 2014, the peak was 1999 at 824, the low was 2013 with 505. That said 2014 was the third lowest year since 1999, and that is through increased "proliferation of them in the hands of the very people..."

WISQARS again reports that firearm accidental injury 2013 was 16,864, peak was 18,941 in 2003 low was 14,161 in 2010, it's around the middle for the range of 2013 to 2001 (different data set). That said 2013 experienced the same "proliferation of them in the hands of the very people..."

Yet we know guns sold are at the highest levels ever seen, whether you think this is selling more to fewer, or more to more is up for debate. However the total number of firearms in the US is higher than a 1:1 ratio, and the accidents and mortality are not tracking the increased numbers. Even if we look at households the numbers reporting they possess guns is pretty stable in the face of increasing population, therefore the gross number of households who have guns is increasing at the rate of population, thus more opportunity for accidents to happen.

What has changed is two things, media reporting, and social media. Where previously in the 1990's through 2000 reports were local, now they're national and even international (even though the reporting agency is local). Social media also blows up the storm about these events, like this thread.

Neither of those changes are the result of gun owners, but of sensationalizing of these events. People who are gun owners who don't have any rational basis for owning a gun (they're not at high risks of crime, don't hunt, are not target shooters) are going to fall back to the purpose of the 2nd Amendment as expressed by Madison and Jefferson as a justification. That said they don't need to justify, the right is inherent, there is no need to qualify why you exercise a right.

Don't you dare to bring facts and truth into our discussion!

More children are drowned in home swimming pools but nobody gives a crap.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:52 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
You anti gunners would push your agenda if you would start complaining about stuff like this:

Suspect charged in execution-style murder of Chicago 9-year-old boy | Fox News

And then come here to this thread:

Man Lures 9 year old boy into Alley, Then shoots him in the head

But you won't cause that does not fit your agenda....

You try to find stupid stuff and say see see see.....but when a gang member kills the son of the rival gang (a 9 year old)....blah, that's a gang.....

Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You anti gunners would push your agenda if you would start complaining about stuff like this:

Suspect charged in execution-style murder of Chicago 9-year-old boy | Fox News

And then come here to this thread:

Man Lures 9 year old boy into Alley, Then shoots him in the head

But you won't cause that does not fit your agenda....

You try to find stupid stuff and say see see see.....but when a gang member kills the son of the rival gang (a 9 year old)....blah, that's a gang.....
If I had a son... Wait where's the president when we need him?

Old 03-09-2016, 07:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I saw her Facebook page before it was removed. Lots of gun loving, as you would imagine, but she is also a sovereign citizen. She had all kinds of dedications to "hero" LaVoy Finicum and the criminal Bundy family. Figures.
I think a new Facebook page was created by someone because the jokes and ridicule cannot be contained. The kid wasn't even buckled in his seat and the gun was loaded? Unbelievable. It appears she has a record too.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:45 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Well, at least someone got shot in this story. "Shall not be infringed!!!"

Woman Brags On Facebook Her 4-Year-Old Shoots A Gun, Gets Shot By Her Kid

Ah, the latest installment in the series 'Responsible Murican Gun Owners'...

Murica ... where every moron has a gun.............

Old 03-09-2016, 08:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan
I wonder if she still thinks the same way??

Idiot......

Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

Woman Brags On Facebook Her 4-Year-Old Shoots A Gun, Gets Shot By Her Kid

I'm gonna get slapped for this...

Key word..."Woman"

Old 03-09-2016, 09:05 PM

285 posts, read 176,721 times
What would happen to the average suburban gun owner if he or she had to give up their gun(s)? People often cite "protection" as a reason for possession, so I'm curious about whether people are threatened on a regular basis. Is the gun a necessity for survival?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies