Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 02:19 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,456,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailmotion View Post
I'm really not singling you out; in fact, I happen to agree with you in regard to people being offered a second chance. However, how quickly would YOU [or someone you know] sue a company for negligent hiring of an ex-con that turns around and rapes, robs or assaults you?

Who the hell will sue a company for hiring a convicted ex felon? Doesn't even make any senses. If this person is a sue happy loser, he/she would sue for whatever the reasons. Period.

So a single mother who wrote a bad check would rape your daughter? lol how laughable is this?! Since you asked ME personally, I will give you my personal answer. I will not sue the company at all if their convicted EX felon employee happened to rob me or rape me. lol Heck, I am a fair person. I will go after the individual, not the company. sheesh. duh. Just because they can sue, doesn't mean they have a case. lol

If somebody robbed you or raped you on the street, whom would you sue? The city? LOL

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-09-2016 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
A BC won't deter even the most simple minded felon from legally buying a weapon. They know the trick is to buy everything as parts. I can walk into ANY gun store that sells everything I need and be at the range shooting it in an hour without ever even discussing a back ground check with the salesman. No waiting period, nothing.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
they too can petition to have their rights fully restored through the courts.
I know that, but I honestly don't believe they (dishonorably discharged soldiers) should lose their gun right to begin with. Each ex felon and ex dishonorably discharged soldier should be dealt with individually is my point.

I wasn't arguing with your point.

It is a significant victory for Second Amendment rights, the House this week voted to let non-violent felons win back their gun rights.

House votes to let nonviolent ex-felons restore gun rights | Washington Examiner

Old 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,519,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Who the hell will sue a company for hiring a convicted ex felon? Doesn't even make any senses. If this person is a sue happy loser, he/she would sue for whatever the reasons. Period.

So a single mother who wrote a bad check would rape your daughter? lol how laughable is this?! Since you asked ME personally, I will give you my personal answer. I will not sue the company at all if their convicted EX felon employee happened to rob me or rape me. lol Heck, I am a fair person. I will go after the individual, not the company. sheesh. duh. Just because they can sue, doesn't mean they have a case. lol

If somebody robbed you or raped you on the street, whom would you sue? The city? LOL
Plenty people would sue the company for hiring an ex-con for failure to provide a safe working environment.

I'd sue the people who released the ex-cons too.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,399,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

There is no issue if nothing happens. But in the event something happens, somebody has to be blamed.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,519,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A BC won't deter even the most simple minded felon from legally buying a weapon. They know the trick is to buy everything as parts. I can walk into ANY gun store that sells everything I need and be at the range shooting it in an hour without ever even discussing a back ground check with the salesman. No waiting period, nothing.
Most would just ask their mommy and girlfriends buy one for them. Uncle Joe Biden said on record that the federal government has no sticky time to chase down anybody who fails background checks.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
There is no issue if nothing happens. But in the event something happens, somebody has to be blamed.
Like i said, people would sue for whatever the reasons. They may or may not have a case.

My mom's retail stores hired two nonviolent ex felons. Both were former military. I have full confidence that they won't get themselves or us in trouble. I trust them more than I trust people I don't know. Hey, if I get sued, I get sued, I won't regret my decision for hiring them.

Many people ( I didn't say all) deserve a second chance. What is the second chance to you? Second chance to me is treating them as equal as myself. I don't judge a person's characters based on his so called "background". But that is just me.

Edit: Each ex felon should be dealt with individually is my point. what kinds of crimes they committed and how long ago did they commit such crime Do matter.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:55 PM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Most would just ask their mommy and girlfriends buy one for them. Uncle Joe Biden said on record that the federal government has no sticky time to chase down anybody who fails background checks.
We prosecute a whopping 4 out of the 80,000 prohibited persons per year that attempt to buy. Something they can hang a hat on.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Plenty people would sue the company for hiring an ex-con for failure to provide a safe working environment.

I'd sue the people who released the ex-cons too.
I agree with your second paragraph.
that's it.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,807,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I presume you mean AR-15 or similar. Is not the receiver the only part requiring an FFL, CCW or background check?

Last edited by Felix C; 03-10-2016 at 06:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies