Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 11:46 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I wonder how many expecting mothers(had previous abortions or not),when happy to be pregnant, say: my zygote/fetus is due blank. Seems very hypocritical for laws to protect it when it is wanted, but devalue it when it is not.

In reality, abortion is the legalized killing of innocence out of convenience.
That is a clever take on the due date of the zygote.

A for originality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,405 times
How about artificial insemination? They throw out a lot of fertilized eggs in those clinics.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
What do you want? Even if I agreed with you, I still would of had the abortion. I have no regrets and don't need to justify it.
That was made very clear.

What didn't you understand?

You do need to justify your abortion when you ask others to pay for it. Especially if tax payer monies are funding it above and beyond the other tax payer monies one most likely lives off of.

Quote:
Well aren't you a peach. You also don't understand how EBT works, but hey its an easy dig.
No dig. If the poor, who receive aid from the federal government, have their "food stamps" and "welfare" monthly allotment all put on an EBT card - and one can buy lobsters, chocolate, soda, and gas with said EBT card...why not abortions at PP? Or BC - anywhere? After all, not being able to afford BC is a plight that majorly affects "the poor" and that's why they end up with unwanted pregnancies.

Can't get to a PP for free BC, but if you can find a way to get your hair/nails done & order from Amazon....you can buy condoms in that backward mountain hillbilly underground shelter you live in. Because apparently that's where everyone who doesn't know about/can't find/afford BC lives.

If birth control isn't an EBT purchase that is allowed? It should be. And over soda and chips.

Quote:
Even though abortion statistics show that the majority of abortions are done on women older than 25, many have already had a child and whites are the majority race having abortions.
So what?

Quote:
The only 100% effective method of contraception is abstinence. Everything else has a failure rate. Unintended pregnancies happen.
It helps if you try to use BC first.

Quote:
Have you ever been pregnant?
3x. And only when I wanted to be. It's not that hard to not get get yourself knocked up.

Last edited by Informed Info; 03-16-2016 at 11:53 PM..

Old 03-16-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
How can one so uninformed, use the name "informed info"?
What exactly was "uninformed" vs. what bent your feelers?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:12 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
It helps if you try to use BC first.
Some decades ago (1977, to be exact), I was on doctor recommended and prescribed, pharmacy purchased, conscientiously used BC and got pregnant the very first time out of the chute, i.e. the very first time I had sex.
All I could think was "what the heck happened?". My p-doc had no answers,

Fast forward to 2013, a friend's daughter, mother of 3, was on doctor recommended and prescribed, pharmacy purchased, conscientiously applied BC and got pregnant two months later. I'll never forget how she described it: "I poured a glass of iced tea and commented that it tasted funny. [My husband] said OMG you're pregnant."

I wasn't married when I became pregnant for the first time. My friend's daughter was married and the mom of 3 young children when she again became pregnant.
It happens and happens and happens and then happens again.

Geez, your screen name is so whacked.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
But, it is a clump of cells. You just said it right there. You don't know if it has potential.....people have miscarriages all the time. There went that whole 'potential', right? With that 'potential' argument, perhaps you'd like to make it illegal to have miscarriages as well?
The heck are you talking about?

Every "clump of cells" has a potential to grow and live, until outside forces interfere. Like weed killer or antibiotics.

Miscarriages are very different that actively removing a potential human life from your body because you didn't bother to try to protect yourself from the act that could& did create a "potential" human life.

How many women do you know are happy to have miscarried? Those who were on their way to have an abortion?

And let's get something very clear: In MY opinion, if those who have had abortions would stop referring to the potential human life they aborted as a "clump of cells", that MIGHT just help/make others think twice before having unprotected sex, keep on going after the condom breaks because "it feels good", make sure to not skip a pill/shot,etc., and know it while demanding her partner use a condom. Despite the very low failure rate of condoms, they are better than nothing.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Some decades ago (1977, to be exact), I was on doctor recommended and prescribed, pharmacy purchased, conscientiously used BC and got pregnant the very first time out of the chute, i.e. the very first time I had sex.
All I could think was "what the heck happened?". My p-doc had no answers,

Fast forward to 2013, a friend's daughter, mother of 3, was on doctor recommended and prescribed, pharmacy purchased, conscientiously applied BC and got pregnant two months later. I'll never forget how she described it: "I poured a glass of iced tea and commented that it tasted funny. [My husband] said OMG you're pregnant."

I wasn't married when I became pregnant for the first time. My friend's daughter was married and the mom of 3 young children when she again became pregnant.
It happens and happens and happens and then happens again.

Geez, your screen name is so whacked.
You should have googled what a "biscuit" is before you bought that ticket to ride the train of someone who has nothing other to offer other than to attack my CD screen name/nomiker.

Your story is your story.

Thanks for the additional anecdotes that have NOTHING to do with my OP.

Last edited by Informed Info; 03-17-2016 at 12:47 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 12:37 AM

311 posts, read 451,251 times
I do not believe in abortion. Once the sperm meets the egg and fertilization occurs, that is life. And you must do everything in your power to protect life, especially innocent life.

I do believe, however, in retroactive abortion. Like maybe 20, 30 or even 50 years late term. Some people are so inconvenient, don't you think?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
The heck are you talking about?

Every "clump of cells" has a potential to grow and live, until outside forces interfere.
Every egg and every sperm has the potential to combine and fertilize and grow and live. Does that mean that abstinence is the only moral form of birth control?

Quote:
How many women do you know are happy to have miscarried?
Gadzillions. I'm older than dirt, and seriously, gadzillions. A substantial number of these were called "late periods" but we all knew what it was. In the history of mankind, undoubtedly more women have been relieved to have been not pregnant than pregnant.
"Whew, dodged that bullet."
Just saying.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:41 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifflemaffle View Post
Are you for it or against it?

Watch this before you answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLzzdSljPI
Is that you, Trent Franks?

Do you feel closer to God?

Do you really think that starting threads like this is going to get you into heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies