Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There is no doubt that the main stream media is losing it's relevance. The nonsense they cover, the bias, and slant, the people are tired of it, and are going elsewhere for their news.

We no longer live in a world were there is a monopoly on information, the main stream media is either going to find a way to become relevant, or it will disappear.

It isn't just the news that is fighting to sway our opinion; it is all of the TV. They are playing movies and TV programs of Hitler and the rise of fascism. They are attacking the voters and their intelligence non-stop as more Primary elections loom in the near future. The establishment doesn't want Trump and they are not happy with Cruz - it is very obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 07:35 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
all they care about is Trump or stupid debates or town halls. Meanwhile, in MD, an officer was gunned down and killed in a police HQ and not 1 word about it on cnn.com

2 hellfire missiles found on a passenger plane bound for the US and you'd never know it unless it was trending on FB (that's how I came across both of these news stories)

Why should the rest of the country/world care about a LOCAL STORY?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There were strict rules laid down by the FCC when licenses to broadcast news to the public were granted. I believe it's time to revisit those rules and crack down hard. No more biased news. Just tell the public what is happening in the world.

They really have to get control of the media.

CNN/MSDNC/FOXNEW are not covered by the FCC. They are on cable. I don't think the same rules apply.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:43 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
CNN/MSDNC/FOXNEW are not covered by the FCC. They are on cable. I don't think the same rules apply.
Thank you, that does explain a lot. I would say that has to change.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
a cop being gunned down anywhere in the US is national news. that cop in VA who was killed 2 weeks ago was covered everywhere.
Why is a cop life more valuable than anyone else's?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:53 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It isn't just the news that is fighting to sway our opinion; it is all of the TV. They are playing movies and TV programs of Hitler and the rise of fascism. They are attacking the voters and their intelligence non-stop as more Primary elections loom in the near future. The establishment doesn't want Trump and they are not happy with Cruz - it is very obvious.
Exactly, most of the American public are just puppets being mind controlled by the establishment and power brokers and they don't even realize it!

Old 03-14-2016, 08:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
I heard about the officer being shot on the news

Old 03-14-2016, 08:54 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why is a cop life more valuable than anyone else's?
Because a cop is putting his life on the line for the safety of the public; because the ambush shooting of a police officer is a barometer for a general breakdown of law and order; because what a police officer does is more important to society than whatever you are doing - or else you wouldn't need to ask this question.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:39 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Broadcast radio and tv are leased from the federal government. tHe theory is that the airwaves are publicly owned. The stations do not charge to view. They make their money selling ads. Cable has the best of both worlds. They charge us to see their crap and sell ads.

A company agrees to the rules when they get the lease. IMO, the fees should be raised and the rules changes.

Cable is owned by individuals or corporations. They can do what they please.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I saw the officer's story on facebook this morning. Someone had posted it with a picture of him. He was very handsome and I am saddened that he was killed and feel for his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
IMO the media has gone nuts with their obsession with the minutia of politics, the count down clocks,the discussion panels,endless political opinion,primaries,caucuses,delegates and super delegates,town halls and debates..Will it ever end? Probably not as the media seems to think itself very relevant and has gone politics 24/7 any other news seems to be irrelevant..As a result i dont watch much tv any more as its just politics or commercials and garbage reality shows..
I agree with this though in that I don't watch much TV anymore. I especially don't consider cable news to be "news" in regards to CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. To me they are more entertainment channels and it bothers me that so many, like the OP consider them to be "news."

All they are IMO are a bunch of people with silly opinions talking stupidly. I think local news outfits do a much better job of getting out information versus the cable networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies