Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:04 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
You don't use the water, the water company hike up the price anyway. The wealthy were wise to see how counterproductive the water restriction was in the first place.
This all has more to do with taxes when it does with water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 04:41 PM

799 posts, read 708,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
LOL. You expect anyone to actually believe that? Not even close to being true. Even if you damned the northern rivers of the state, it still wouldn't be true.
Here's what a 5 second google search turned up:

Drought: 10 things to know about California water use | 89.3 KPCC

look at point #1

Old 03-17-2016, 10:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Just highlights what I've been saying for years just hypocritical environmental wackos are. SO which is worse for the environment wackos, a racist, homophobic climate denier that drives an electric car, has a solar system at his house, is frugal with electricity and water usage OR the biggest environmental wacko star (Al Gore for example) that flies in his own large private jet spewing millions of gallons of burnt carbon in the atmosphere, lives in a 20,000 square foot house and has 6 more similar houses that he flies around and uses on his whim?

I know the answer, they will want to fine the homophobic climate denier until he's broke while paying millions and burning millions of gallons of fuel to the environmental wacko and give him millions for speeches. You guys sicken me.
Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:46 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"An estate owned by philanthropist and former media mogul David Geffen used an average of about 27,000 gallons of water a day between June 2 and Aug. 2 —"

That's a lot of water. I wonder if his automatic sprinkler system went nuts and never clicked off.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:04 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about.
Since you have gone to a personal attack and not addressed my correct analysis, you are agreeing that I'm right...gracias.

Loretta 'Super Dummy' Lynch wants to fine "climate deniers"....not the likes of Al Gore causing 1 million times more environmental harm than a 'climate denier.'

Old 03-18-2016, 04:57 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
So these few celebrity homes listed use roughly the same amount of water as a small hospital. Difference is a small hospital's water usage involves cooking, bathing, sterilizing, and the heating and cooling system for the building to care for patients.

Landscape for the climate you have, not the climate you wish you had.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:13 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
But one thing is certain ... their sewer lines don't get clogged with sheet.

El Nox

Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why wouldn't your "landscape" consist almost exclusively of native species that have adapted to periods of drought? I live in a coastal area. The native landscape is sand, sea grasses, low-growing scrub bushes, etc. That's exactly what's in my yard, though it's actually a planned layout and not just random wild growth. I never have to water, and my landscape thrives.

How dare you.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, this has nothing to do with political affiliation though. Those affluent owners, whether in CA or NV as well, they are ALWAYS the culprits when it comes to water wasting. Always. God forbid they should forego having an emerald green lawn & lush blooming plants 365. Disgusting.
Uh; maybe NOT "disgusting". No link handy but I read on the Arizona Republic newspaper many years back about how a house with lush landscaping used MUCH less electricity since AC units only needed to run 4 hours a day in a Phoenix summer but, a home in a desert lot in the SAME Zip code used the AC 20 hours out of 24

Old 03-19-2016, 08:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Who is going to reimburse people whose landscapes are killed due to this? I should have a right to as much water as I can pay for.
You live in Virginia; don't you guys get a lot of rain and snow? Tho water IS harder to come by here in Arizona, to be fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies