Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 10:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is clear that the American people reject Trump. He could have been popular, but he did it to himself.

Trump had low approval in 2016

Guess who is president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 11:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump had low approval in 2016

Guess who is president
The people reject him.

They reject his values, and they reject his program. He is a one term wonder.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:45 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So then Hillary and Obama are both racists then....
Sorry but they are not the president. Why can’t you guys just comment on the post instead of deflecting. Is that too hard to do.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:09 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry but they are not the president. Why can’t you guys just comment on the post instead of deflecting. Is that too hard to do.
So we can't comment unless we bash Trump? Why can't you defend your people? You like to make wild accusations with no evidence about Trump but then don't want us to return with actual evidence against your people...Crybabies is all there is on the left. They want to set the rules so only they can win....Sorry but you don't get to do that.

No different than the dems call for bipartisanship when they have the presidency then cry and throw temper tantrums and block for the sake of blocking when they don't have the office.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:27 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And contrary to your definition, Liberalism is NOT a mental disorder.

.[/i]
Do you have a link to substantiate this claim?

Old 11-27-2018, 06:29 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Default Democrats smash Watergate Record

The house losses coupled with a 60% disapproval rating is pretty historic and only exceeded by Bush after Katrina. A great economy and such a high disapproval ratings says a lot about his support.

Amazingly he still has some who approve.

Quote:
While votes are still being tallied, Democratic House candidates currently hold an 8,805,130 vote lead over Republicans as of Monday morning. The Democrats' national margin of victory in House contests smashes the previous midterms record of 8.7 million votes in 1974, won just months after President Richard Nixon resigned from office in disgrace amid the Watergate scandal.

Of the more than 111 million votes cast in House races nationwide, Democrats took 53.1 percent — retaking control of the House of Representatives by flipping nearly 40 seats — while Republicans received 45.2 percent of the vote.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...dterms-n940116

Old 11-27-2018, 06:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The house losses coupled with a 60% disapproval rating is pretty historic and only exceeded by Bush after Katrina. A great economy and such a high disapproval ratings says a lot about his support.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...dterms-n940116
Trump’s rhetoric / tweets are not working for him.

His favorability ratings would soar if he chose to lay off the tweets.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:59 AM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump’s rhetoric / tweets are not working for him.

His favorability ratings would soar if he chose to lay off the tweets.
It did work for him, he gained seats in the Senate.
In fact if you look at the 11 places he held rallies in, Republicans won almost all of them.
Whereas Oprah and Swift and Obama all failed to win the places they held rallies at.
The only problem for Trump is, his name isn't on the ballot in midterms, and we know a large segment of Trump's base hate the establishment so have little reason to vote in midterms.

TRUMP: I didn’t run. I wasn’t running. My name wasn’t on the ballot. There are many people that think, “I don’t like Congress,” that like me a lot. I get it all the time; “Sir, we’ll never vote unless you’re on the ballot.” I get it all the time. People are saying, “Sir, I will never vote unless you’re on the ballot. I say, “No, no, go and vote.” “Well, what do you mean?” As much as I try and convince people to go vote, I’m not on the ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

The House losses were minimal when compared to Obama 2010 (lost 63 House seats) and Clinton 1994 (lost 54 House seats).
Plus Trump gained seats in the Senate (and that had only happened 5 times in the last 105 years of midterms).

Old 11-27-2018, 06:59 AM

23,568 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When you support a racist then you are a racist yourself. And I’m talking about his support of Hyde-Smith. And yes she is a racist who tries to hide it.
hillary is probably the most racist person in DC. By your logic her supporters/voters are racist. Sorry, I don't feel that way about her supporters. They may be stupid for voting for her, instead of coming together to vote for another, and some may indeed be racist but they aren't racist simply for supporting her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So we can't comment unless we bash Trump? Why can't you defend your people? You like to make wild accusations with no evidence about Trump but then don't want us to return with actual evidence against your people...Crybabies is all there is on the left. They want to set the rules so only they can win....Sorry but you don't get to do that.

No different than the dems call for bipartisanship when they have the presidency then cry and throw temper tantrums and block for the sake of blocking when they don't have the office.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
TRUMP: I didn’t run. I wasn’t running. My name wasn’t on the ballot. There are many people that think, “I don’t like Congress,” that like me a lot. I get it all the time; “Sir, we’ll never vote unless you’re on the ballot.” I get it all the time. People are saying, “Sir, I will never vote unless you’re on the ballot. I say, “No, no, go and vote.” “Well, what do you mean?” As much as I try and convince people to go vote, I’m not on the ballot.

The House losses were minimal when compared to Obama 2010 (lost 63 House seats) and Clinton 1994 (lost 54 House seats).
Plus Trump gained seats in the Senate (and that had only happened 5 times in the last 105 years of midterms).
His name might not have been on the ballot but his congressional supporters sure were there.

Compare the economies in 2010 and 2018 and tell me what you see. This type of loss with a solid economy and no major catastrophes looming is historic. The GOP should have been on the winning end but it was a lopsided disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies