Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the guy with the hatchet mistook a Sikh for a Muslim.

Good that hatchet guy sleeps with the fishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 09:11 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
One of those legendary gun defense situations, better chance of being struck by lightning but it gives you a reason to carry.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of those legendary gun defense situations, better chance of being struck by lightning but it gives you a reason to carry.

It happens far more often than you might realize.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
In regards to what? Gun ownership? I am not fine with illegal gun sales and illegal gun trafficking.

There is no such thing as illegal gun sales, or illegal gun distribution........ Government has no authority to have a say in either....... But they took that authority upon themselves without the peoples approval(constitutional amendment)

The right of the People(not citizens) to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Making any gun illegal is an infringement. Making distribution illegal, is an infringement. Age requirements, is an infringement. Regulating what type of gun, is an infringement. Regulating ammunition(ball and powder) is an infringement.

From the beginning, government had no say in the weapons people were to keep & bear. Not until after the Civil War, did government break the constitution. To prevent another revolution against the federal government and its unconstitutional actions.(power was transferred from the people to the federal government) The 16th amendment made sure of that.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:29 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
In regards to what? Gun ownership? I am not fine with illegal gun sales and illegal gun trafficking.
Please define "illegal".
Generally speaking, I am not in favor of criminals having guns. But, saying if my son gives me a gun without a background check, it is illegal, is, IMO, going too far. Or that if I loan a hunting rifle to another son without a background check it is illegal. Or saying that when my son gives the loaned rifle back to me, it requires another background check.
But then, I live in Montana, so that is not a problem.
Yet.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:00 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is no such thing as illegal gun sales, or illegal gun distribution........ Government has no authority to have a say in either....... But they took that authority upon themselves without the peoples approval(constitutional amendment)

The right of the People(not citizens) to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Making any gun illegal is an infringement. Making distribution illegal, is an infringement. Age requirements, is an infringement. Regulating what type of gun, is an infringement. Regulating ammunition(ball and powder) is an infringement.

From the beginning, government had no say in the weapons people were to keep & bear. Not until after the Civil War, did government break the constitution. To prevent another revolution against the federal government and its unconstitutional actions.(power was transferred from the people to the federal government) The 16th amendment made sure of that.
Then I guess I am fine if you say there is no such thing as illegal gun trafficking.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Then I guess I am fine if you say there is no such thing as illegal gun trafficking.

The 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, clearly states they the government, have no authority to regulate guns, or any arms.

That is left to the individual. The People.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:31 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, clearly states they the government, have no authority to regulate guns, or any arms.

That is left to the individual. The People.
Okay, that sounds good to me.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Better stock up on sharp objects before the *******s Against Edged Violence campaign gets going.

Besides knives, axes, hatchets etc are so 18th century.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:13 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Better stock up on sharp objects before the *******s Against Edged Violence campaign gets going.

Besides knives, axes, hatchets etc are so 18th century.
Like guns, they are tools used for many things. And in battle, when you run out of bullets, better have your knife ready...
Not so 18th century as far as military is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies