Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
In regards to what? Gun ownership? I am not fine with illegal gun sales and illegal gun trafficking.
What illegal sales and trafficking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Must be a run on hatchets, axes and edged weapons.

Local guy just stood in the middle of the road with a baseball bat and machete attacking cars.

two days later a guy with a double bladed axe walked down my sister's street.

rush on edged weapons downstream of the Vikings tv series?

Odd, isn't it? how the media shows a guy with an axe on the west coast and suddenly guys with hatchets and axes show up everywhere.

the old boyscout manual had about 11 ads for guns and many more for axes, hatchets and knives. Imagine, the youth of America being exposed and encouraged to buy guns and axes!!!!!! Yes indeed the 50s and 60s were awash in mureders by boy scouts wielding weapons they obtained without permit or background check. It is said, some weapons were obtained by selling white cloverine salve. nowadays the white salve has been replaced by cocaine and heroin and guns obtained without permit or background check.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:14 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Must be a run on hatchets, axes and edged weapons.

Local guy just stood in the middle of the road with a baseball bat and machete attacking cars.

two days later a guy with a double bladed axe walked down my sister's street.

rush on edged weapons downstream of the Vikings tv series?

Odd, isn't it? how the media shows a guy with an axe on the west coast and suddenly guys with hatchets and axes show up everywhere.

the old boyscout manual had about 11 ads for guns and many more for axes, hatchets and knives. Imagine, the youth of America being exposed and encouraged to buy guns and axes!!!!!! Yes indeed the 50s and 60s were awash in mureders by boy scouts wielding weapons they obtained without permit or background check. It is said, some weapons were obtained by selling white cloverine salve. nowadays the white salve has been replaced by cocaine and heroin and guns obtained without permit or background check.
Buying guns without permits or backgrounds, are illegal.
And so is buying drugs. Illegal....
So, make more laws for any tool used in murdering?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
It was a right of passage for a young boy to show off his first real pocket knife to the other kids when I was a kid.

Today that would result in automatic expulsion, criminal charges, state-mandated therapy and counseling, and maybe a visit from CPS. Guns and knives are not the problem.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Good thing the man with the hatchet didn't have a gun, just imagine how many people he could have killed then.
Imagine if police only had hatchets and not guns... countless black lives would be saved /end sarcasm...

Old 03-18-2016, 11:01 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What illegal sales and trafficking?
Oh nothing, someone else in this thread said those things don't exist.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
It was a right of passage for a young boy to show off his first real pocket knife to the other kids when I was a kid.

Today that would result in automatic expulsion, criminal charges, state-mandated therapy and counseling, and maybe a visit from CPS. Guns and knives are not the problem.
A kid threatened my daughter in high school with his knife. He was not expelled. I had the police involved. Nothing could be done. Because he was a special needs kid..
I have 3 relatives that are special needs, one has aspergers. None of them are violent. Or even threaten violence...

Old 03-18-2016, 05:43 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Buying guns without permits or backgrounds, are illegal.
No it isn't. Very few places require any kind of permit and in most places it's perfectly legal to buy a gun from someone without a background check. Even liberal WA state only recently passed a requirement for background checks and the law is completely unenforced.

It's amazing how completely ignorant so many people are about gun laws and have no problem letting everyone know it.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No it isn't. Very few places require any kind of permit and in most places it's perfectly legal to buy a gun from someone without a background check. Even liberal WA state only recently passed a requirement for background checks and the law is completely unenforced.

It's amazing how completely ignorant so many people are about gun laws and have no problem letting everyone know it.
Dont call me ignorant. I am very well aware of the private sales. Thats what ignorant people call the guns show loophole crap.
And, permits, age requirements etc are all BS anyways. They are just laws to make some people feel safe..

Old 03-20-2016, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Like guns, they are tools used for many things. And in battle, when you run out of bullets, better have your knife ready...
Not so 18th century as far as military is concerned.

Fixed bayonets, is where the boys are made into men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies