Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 04:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,412,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
well, apparently in north korea, it is an appropriate sentence, since their justice system just imposed it on this poor lil' din-doo-nuffin.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon View Post
i wonder what his major was? Any bets it wasn't a stem major?
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughnose View Post
where are you now, dennis rodman? You're our only hope!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 04:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Harsh lesson to learn that hey, it's not so bad in the US after all!

Yeah, those excuses don't work in North Korea. Welcome to reality, kid. I wonder if he was crying when he stole the poster.

If you go in to North Korea and steal which then lands you in jail, YES, you deserve it.
Agreed.

But I suspect he's innocent and was tortured into confessing to something he didn't do.

That's the way it works in North Korea -- and pretty much everywhere else in the turd world.

No matter though.

The dummy shouldn't have been there in the first place.

What the HELL was he thinking???

Maybe his Commie college professors at the University of Virginia (think of the recent fake fraternity "gang rape" case that the university and "Rolling Stone" took "seriously") and hippie parents were "thinking" FOR him.

Yeah, that's probably it.

Poor sap!

Hey, kiddies!

Don't go to North Korea.

What the hell is there anyway?

Go drink beer in Prague.

You'd be better off starring in the next "Hostel" movie than rubbing elbows with Kim Dong Dumb!

Old 03-17-2016, 04:59 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,136,312 times
That will be a lesson learned...the hard way.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:03 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,522,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I never stole anything from the different country that I lived in from 18-21. I learned about their customs, their rules, their laws, and I made sure that I did not break them. I had respect for that country and the people who lived in it.

By 21 years of age, you know better than to steal things.
Exactly. I traveled quite a bit at that age, even off the beaten path. It's just common sense to obey a foreign country's laws while you're there. Frankly, I'm surprised by the people in this thread who are so willing to infantilize a 21 year-old.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,164,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Best to just stay in your own house with the doors locked 24/7?
Feel free to tour the border region of Iran and Afghanistan and let us know how it goes or China and North Korea.

Warmbier is an idiot.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,898,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
They know other countries exist, they have to guard the border in order to keep the poor starving people of South Korea out and this N. Korean documentary shows how people live in America today.

There was a guy in my area from Miamisburg Ohio that was held in N. Korea for leaving a bible in a night club restroom and it was a big news story here, this kid was from Wyoming Ohio about 25 miles away so he should have known better.
Would you like to go have a cup of "hot snow?" Thanks for sharing this.......now the young man will be told he is lucky to be out of America, because it doesn't have enough birds to eat! Must be what entering hell would be like.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:58 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,303,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Get real. This is not a harsh punishment to deter crime, this is another manufactured crisis by NK to use as leverage in trying to get sanctions eased.

Any American who goes to that country voluntarily is an idiot.

Reps. I agree with everything in this post.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:59 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,303,103 times
Quote:
People take chances and sometimes have bad luck. That's part of living life. Taking pleasure in others misfortune... using it to denigrate them, and prop yourself up by constrast as many in this thread have done... these are signs of low character.

Calling a demonstrably and obviously foolish act foolish is a sign of low character to you?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:00 AM

35,492 posts, read 20,853,033 times
when you were a kid- did your parents not teach you not to touch anything when visiting another house? Arrogant American is how he is viewed-- by them.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,441,085 times
Quote:
You're welcome. But I don't need Dr. Phil to tell me that it's wrong to take pleasure in others' misfortune, or that if avoiding trouble is your main goal in life you're on the wrong path.
Look...

If you insist on defending stupidity as if it's a virtue, then go for it. I doubt that you'll get overwhelming support, though.

But adults making poor decisions that even a child would reject can certainly serve as examples for the rational among us to point out as silly and self-inflicted.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies