Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 11:52 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A woman will never ever be equal to a man, until she obtains and carries a weapon she thinks will be able to prevent or eliminate a man to do what he wishes with her.

That is a fact of nature.
... it really depends on the man and woman in question.
Take the average joe, versus Rhonda Rousey or any well trained, experienced female fighter, both of them unarmed and my money will be on the woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Take the average joe, versus Rhonda Rousey or any well trained, experienced female fighter, both of them unarmed and my money will be on the woman.

I believe I have covered that?

""until she obtains and carries a weapon she thinks will be able to prevent or eliminate a man to do what he wishes with her.""

Unless you think "arms" and "weapons" means a gun? Did you know... Your mind is the most powerful weapon you own.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:23 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,726 times
I certainly wouldn't date a woman who was ant-feminist...

Old 05-14-2016, 01:47 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitascreed View Post
Let's say you've been dating a woman for a little while and at some point you have a conversation with her during which she reveals out that she's a feminist.
Define feminist. Feminism in my book should be about freedom, freedom to be whoever you want whether it's Suzy homemaker or the CEO of some major corporation. Activist feminist that would insist women all be CEO's are no better than the men that think they should be Suzy homemaker.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:27 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,181 times
Quote:
Well, when only 23 percent of women and 16 percent of men want to consider themselves feminists, you really can't blame that all on conservatives or conservative men, can you?

Despite that, most of the country DOES believe in equality for women, yet they won't associate with the feminist movement
Seems to me the feminist movement ITSELF has mismanaged it's own message and how it communicates that message to the public.

The big question isn't why some conservative men are threatened by feminism, it's why the vast majority of Americans support equal rights for women but REJECT being associated with the feminist movement.
That would be because a certain segment of conservatives have made "feminist" into a pejorative sneer word, much like "liberal." Many people hold to the viewpoints and tenets of feminism and liberalism, but decline to identify themselves as feminists and liberals.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:32 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
That would be because a certain segment of conservatives have made "feminist" into a pejorative sneer word, much like "liberal." Many people hold to the viewpoints and tenets of feminism and liberalism, but decline to identify themselves as feminists and liberals.
I don't think there are THAT many conservatives or people influenced by the far right to account for those statistics.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:26 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Define feminist. Feminism in my book should be about freedom, freedom to be whoever you want whether it's Suzy homemaker or the CEO of some major corporation. Activist feminist that would insist women all be CEO's are no better than the men that think they should be Suzy homemaker.
That's one of the issues. The anti-feminists tend to use " radical feminists" as the standard of feminism to bolster their argument, when in fact radical feminists are more the exception than the rule.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:04 PM

404 posts, read 366,690 times
No no and no.

Look at all the butt hurt feminists.

Hey, someone asks a question, you get an answer. Dont like the answer, then move on.

Anyways, negative results stay longer with someone than postive ones The last time I met a feminist, we agreed on equal this and that, but I just don't like feminism. Well like every feminist that I HAVE MET, she slowly stopped talking to me, had a huge ego problem, never thought she was wrong and always had to have her way. Thanks but no thanks.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:30 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
You just explain to them that they are a product of over indulgent parents in the kindest way possible. And Daddy didn't hate them, he just ignored them because he really wanted a boy.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Not only would I date Rousey if she was a feminist, I'd beg her to put me in that arm bar move all day, every day.

Who cares really?, women have had to put up with "alpha males" forever, well guys that think they are "alpha", the meat headed one uppers, who believe the world should kiss their ass and try to bully everyone who may disagree with their opinion on a number of issues.

I say good for these women who stand up for themselves, as a married dude in my 40's (20 plus years), I would of married my wife no matter any of her thoughts on my gender, or how she see's her gender being portrayed in society. I actually wish she cared a little more so I could tease her about how men are this, and men are that...., whatever.

If Scarlett Johansson, Ronda Rousey, Jessica Biel, or any other hot chick is a feminist and a man wouldn't date one of them because of that reason, I'd question that guys sexuality.

Men getting offended because a woman has a high opinion of herself, ugh!!

What's next on Fox News, "The War on White Men"? As a race and gender, we've pretty much $h!t on everyone else thought the history of this country, so God forbid someone else becomes president, gets a right to vote, equal pay for a job that doesn't involve staying home in the kitchen.

Last edited by James420; 05-15-2016 at 01:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies