Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Obama lands in Cuba amid protests, detentions | Miami Herald

I didn't even know they had protestors in Cuba, guess they are everywhere.
The old Cubans also have old geezers who do NOT like change- and their kids who agree-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 06:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Here's some photos of other Presidents - by your logic, paying respect to their ideological mentors.

President Reagan and Vladimir Lenin:

President GW Bush and Ho Chi Minh:

President GHW Bush and Mao Zedong:

You clowns never fail. Every last time, you chose to embarrass yourselves.

And thus concludes episode #1037 of conservatives going ballistic over something President Obama has done when, here in the real world, it is merely something that all Presidents - Democrat and Republican - have routinely done over the years.
The bolded perfectly sums up the story of the GOP for the last seven years. Everything is somehow "different" with this president. I wonder why that might be...

Old 03-22-2016, 06:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The bolded perfectly sums up the story of the GOP for the last seven years. Everything is somehow "different" with this president. I wonder why that might be...
Because he constantly shakes his finger at half or more of the country, is extremely divisive, and is a poor leader.

Poll: Obama 'worst president' since World War II

Old 03-22-2016, 06:50 AM

Most posters here have no idea what went on via news or behind the scenes-in Cuba- they have no clue how many are dead in the Florida straights looking for freedom- They have no clue how terrible the whole coyote ordeal really is. If the gates open- change will eventually come - the Castro's are zombies- any day now- and they know it- they will be dust- and screaming from hell-
You don't want to open the gates because of human rights? GIVE ME A BREAK - we trade with many nations that do don't know what that word is- you are just afraid be more Spanish to be spoken-- or like some of the same old geezers who just hate change-

Old 03-22-2016, 08:33 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
I just witnessing his apology speech to the Castro regime (at the same time he spent like 10 seconds discussing the tragedy in Belgium - the real issue of the day). Sickening. Cuba has nothing we need, the US has everything they need. Why is US the one making the apology tour?

Sure Cuba is no threat to us, lift the embargo...but come on Obama, we hold all the cards, do the deal and negotiate at least! Cuban's are suffering, and it's not just because of the embargo.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Castro encouraged Khrushchev to nuke America during the Cuban missile crisis. I saw an interview years ago where he admitted this.

They deserve embargo.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:40 AM

57,261 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Castro encouraged Khrushchev to nuke America during the Cuban missile crisis. I saw an interview years ago where he admitted this.

They deserve embargo.
That was 1963, times have changed and they are no longer a threat to anyone except their own people.

Using that logic why not an embargo on Saudi Arabia.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:42 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,948 times
Let's take personal passion out of the equation, though. What good does the embargo do? It doesn't help us. And clearly their regime isn't faltering or collapsing. We do business with worse people, and being so close to America should give us an incentive to improve things there.

Honestly, I think this is one thing Obama is getting right. You have to make overtures and offer rewards for reforms, and you can't do that if you don't have any relations with them at all. Give a little, see what happens, and if it backfires re-instate the embargo. The Castros won't be around forever (though it seems that way sometimes) and they HAVE made concessions. It's a diplomatic process and you can't just keep all your toys and expect them to suddenly play by your rules.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I just witnessing his apology speech to the Castro regime (at the same time he spent like 10 seconds discussing the tragedy in Belgium - the real issue of the day). Sickening. Cuba has nothing we need, the US has everything they need. Why is US the one making the apology tour?

Sure Cuba is no threat to us, lift the embargo...but come on Obama, we hold all the cards, do the deal and negotiate at least! Cuban's are suffering, and it's not just because of the embargo.
This is pretty much my point of view, we have them by the balls and we don't even bother to ask for just one measly concession from the Castro regime? This was a complete capitulation on Obama's part.

- Why dident we demand that Cuba turn over all fugitives and terrorists that they are sheltering from American justice?
- Why dident we demand that the Castro brothers step down as part of any normalization?
- Why dident we demand free and fair elections without the participation of the Cuban Communist Party?
- Why dident we demand compensation for the land and property seized from Americans and American business after the 1959 revolution?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 AM

I posted back the profits many states would make if Cuba were to open- I also think the later Cubans would return once things got semi normal - there is the first generation who is dead or dying still holding up the Delta 66 flag- they need to shut up too- because they did NOTHING but bark- still barking-- nonsense many a souls has died to find freedom- humanity??human rights??-- I have witnessed an entire family with small babies - crying 50 yards from the beach turned back by the coasties after days at sea- and dry foot law-- was sorry-- tides up- if not, probably be in the house!@ - Normalize Cuban trade and politics -- there is NO wrong here,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies